mon Cabrera got to third with one out in the sixt

in Allgemein 19.01.2020 13:48
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

ATHENS, Greece -- Michel Platini insisted his conscience was clear and he would continue the fight to overturn a FIFA ban in a farewell speech on Wednesday to European soccer leaders before his successor as UEFA president was elected.Platini was allowed by FIFAs ethics judge to deliver the UEFA congress address as a gesture of humanity, despite serving a four-year suspension from any role in soccer over an improper payment.Emerging from his FIFA-enforced exile, Platini used the platform in Athens to highlight his achievements since assuming the UEFA presidency in 2007 and issue advice to the next head of European soccer.There was applause from UEFA delegates but no standing ovation after Platini completed his address by declaring: Friends of football, farewell.Before then, without detailing the specifics of the wrongdoing, Platini insisted there was nothing improper about taking a payment of 2 million Swiss francs ($2 million) from FIFA in 2011.Be assured that I have a clear conscience, that Im convinced I did not make the slightest mistake, and that Im continuing the legal battle, Platini told an audience which included FIFA President Gianni Infantino. I want to thank everyone in this room who had the courage and loyalty to support me during the past months.The 61-year-old Platini expected to have vacated the presidency by now to be serving as FIFA leader. But the ethics ban allowed Infantino, his former UEFA administrator, to assume Platinis self-proclaimed destiny to run world soccer.This is a juddering end to a decades-long career in soccer, with Platini going from winning titles with Juventus and France to becoming one of the sports most powerful leaders before being brought down in disgrace last year.Platinis four-year term through 2019 will be completed by Slovenian federation leader Aleksander Ceferin, who won the election later Wednesday in the Greek capital.Platini told the candidates that football is a game before a product, a sport before a market, a show before a market.For millions of people around the world, football is ... a flame, Platini said. We have done much together for nine years to develop and preserve this flame.After expressing confidence that football is on the right track, Platini warned that serious abuses are still undermining the sport.Continue to balance sports realities and economic interests, he said.---Rob Harris is at www.twitter.com/RobHarris and www.facebook.com/RobHarrisReports Chris Carpenter . Dusautoir, the former World Player of the Year, sustained a torn bicep playing for Toulouse in the Heineken Cup on Saturday. The flanker, who has played 65 times for France, is expected to be out for up to four months. Cheap Cardinals Jerseys . 31, the CFL club announced Monday. The team also has yet to decide on the future of Doug Berry, who began the season as a consultant to the head coach but took over the offensive co-ordinators duties in July. http://www.custommlbcardinalsjersey.com/custom-jack-buck-jersey-large-351q.html . -- Matt Kuchar and Harris English ran away with the Franklin Templeton Shootout, shooting a 14-under 58 on Sunday in the final-round scramble to break the tournament course record. Rangel Ravelo . - Goaltender Philippe Desrosiers of the Rimouski Oceanic has broken a shutout record that was only three months old in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. Austin Gomber . The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling "puts an end to my dreams of being a top player," the 27-year-old Troicki said in a statement. "I worked my entire life for it, and it has been taken away from me in one afternoon by a doctor I didnt know," said Troicki, whose ranking peaked at No. ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Although the shutout pleased Ricky Nolasco, he would have preferred to pitch this superbly a whole lot earlier in the season.The rest of his fellow Los Angeles Angels realize they also waited far too long to get rolling this year.Even if this season is lost, the right-hander and his new team both enjoyed a victory requiring no help from Mike Trout and Albert Pujols.Nolasco pitched a four-hitter for his fifth career shutout and his first victory for Los Angeles, leading the Angels to an interleague sweep of the Cincinnati Reds with a 3-0 victory Wednesday night.C.J. Cron drove in two runs for the Angels (59-74), who have won five straight and eight of 10 to climb out of last place in the AL West.Nolasco (5-12) had gone winless with a 5.70 ERA in his first five starts for the Angels, who acquired the native of nearby Corona, California, from Minnesota at the trade deadline. He finally came up with a gem against the Reds, and he even won at home for the first time in 16 consecutive starts with the Twins and Angels.Obviously, I would have liked to win earlier, but I like where Im at, as far as where Im throwing the ball, Nolasco said. I feel good. Im eating up innings, and Im just trying to give my team a chance to win games.With his slider moving splendidly, Nolasco retired 12 straight Reds to end it. The shutout was his first since Sept. 9, 2012, and his 11th career complete game was his first since May 2, 2014.I know its been a while, but Ill enjoy it for the rest of the night with the family, Nolasco said. Its definitely nice, a good feeling being out there and trying to get the last out.Los Angeles even won without Pujols and Trout, who didnt play in an early starting game before the Angels day off. Trout and Pujols didnt start in the same game for the first time since Sept. 18, 2014.Brandon Finnegan (8-10) struck out nine during seven strong innings of five-hit ball for the Reds, who have lost four straight and eight of 10.(Finnegan is) a kid who has evolved into a three-pitch pitcher with command who is pitching to both siides of the plate, Cincinnati manager Bryan Price said.dddddddddddd (He) has kind of found a devastating changeup (and) the ability to throw a slider for a quality strike when hes behind in the count and locate his fastball. ... His development has been exceptional. Really a highlight of the season.Finnegan had only one poor inning during the former Royals relievers latest strong start for the last-place Reds.He had retired nine straight before the sixth, when Andrelton Simmons popped a double and scored on Crons two-out single to center. Jefry Marte then drove in Cron from first with a double to the right-field corner.Nolasco faced more trouble than Finnegan, but still escaped jams caused by errors by Marte and Kaleb Cowart. Ramon Cabrera got to third with one out in the sixth for Cincinnati, but Nolasco coolly retired Zack Cozart and Joey Votto.He has pitched some good games for us, better than his linescores have shown, Angels manager Mike Scioscia said.THROWING BLANKSDespite their dismal overall record, the Angels matched Cleveland for the major league lead with their 10th shutout of the season. They have six shutouts since the All-Star break, tying Cincinnati for the big-league lead.TRAINERS ROOMReds: Dan Straily and Tim Adleman will move up one day in Cincinnatis rotation this weekend to give extra rest to Homer Bailey, who has a sore muscle in his right arm.Angels: The club has no plans to shut down Pujols despite some nagging plantar fasciitis in his right foot, Scioscia said. Pujols, who hit his 586th homer earlier this week, has managed plantar fasciitis in his left foot for long stretches of his career.UP NEXTReds: After a travel day, Anthony DeSclafani (8-2, 2.96 ERA) opens a homestand against St. Louis.Angels: After a day off, Brett Oberholtzer (3-2, 5.16 ERA) makes his second start since the Angels claimed him off waivers from Philadelphia. He made it through just three innings at Detroit last weekend. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen