e and he works on it. Hes not an excuse g

in Allgemein 20.01.2020 13:12
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

At the recent NHL combine in Toronto, Jordan Subban was asked if his brothers, Montreal Canadiens defenceman P.K. and Boston Bruins first-round pick Malcolm, gave him any advice about the event. "Well, P.K. was sleeping so I couldnt talk to him," said a grinning Jordan, who is poised to become the third Subban brother drafted when NHL teams converge on New Jerseys Prudential Center on June 30. The combine was his last chance to showcase his talents on a big stage. So, why didnt he try and wake his oldest brother up to pick his brain? "Hes a heavy sleeper," said Jordan, who plays for the OHLs Belleville Bulls, still wearing a big smile. But P.K. Subban was very much awake on Saturday night in Chicago where he formally accepted the Norris Trophy as the NHLs top defenceman. And during his meeting with reporters it was suggested that the 24-year-old had set the bar mighty high for Jordan, who is also a defenceman. Malcolm, meanwhile, is a goalie, who was drafted 24th overall by the Bruins a year ago. PIZZA & POTENTIAL "I dont think he really sees it that way," P.K. said. "I think he kind of wants to do more than what Ive achieved. Hes a special individual. Hes going to be an amazing player. The thing about Jordan is a lot of people might look [past him] but theyre going to be surprised in the near future about how good he is, because I really do think that he has a lot more potential than both myself and Malcolm. "Put it this way: Theres seven people in our family [his parents and two sisters to go along with the three brothers], if theres only six slices of pizza at the table, Jordans getting one. Thats how I like to talk about Jordan. Hes that type of kid and hes got that type of character and hell fight his way to the NHL." More potential than a Norris Trophy winner? Is that simply sibling pride? Jordan, after all, is only the 55th-ranked North American skater on NHL Central Scoutings final list of top prospects. TSN scout Craig Button has him at No. 41 on his final list. But P.K., who was picked in the second round (43rd overall) in the 2007 NHL draft, insists teams shouldnt sleep on his younger brother. JORDANS SKILL LEVEL IS MUCH HIGHER THAN MINE "Jordan plays more of a cerebral type [of game]," said P.K. "Hes more of a thinker. I play off my instincts and I try to do a little bit of everything, but I think Jordans skill level is much higher than mine. I mean, Im on the ice with him every day during the summer doing skill stuff and hes the one demonstrating the drills ... Im not. Im the guy still trying to learn them. Hes got a tremendous amount of skill and thats OK, I mean, I dont know exactly where hes ranked in the draft or where hes supposed to go, but weve always been the ones to come from the bottom and surprise people so if thats what hes got to do hell do it." P.K. was a sixth-round pick in the 2005 OHL Priority Selection while Malcolm was an 11th rounder in 2009. Both bucked the odds to make a splash at the NHL Draft. Jordan, meanwhile, was a first-round OHL pick in 2011, but may end up being a later NHL pick than either of his brothers. "We both like to play emotional and compete very hard," said Jordan of P.K., "but hes a little bit bigger than me so I try to play a little more smarter and just use my stick well and stuff like that while he can get away with using his strength and his body." Jordan stands 5-foot-9 and weighs in at 175 pounds while P.K. is 6-foot, 216. But the difference between the two dont end with dimensions. "I try to stay a little bit more calmer than P.K., but a little more exciting, outgoing than Malcolm so somewhere in between I guess," said Jordan. I HAVE TO DO IT FOR MYSELF Jordan admits his brothers did come up during his interviews with NHL teams during the combine, but notes, "There wasnt too much chatter about them, especially in Torontos room about P.K. ... just kidding." Jordan realizes much of the attention hes getting in the lead-up to the draft has to do with who his older siblings are and he says thats okay by him. But, in the same breath, he makes it clear he doesnt feel like hes living in their shadows. "I dont really think its following in their footsteps. Obviously, Im proud to have two brothers that I can look up to and theyve really helped me out along the way, but for me its just about paving my own path in my own career. Once I get on the ice they cant do anything for me. I have to do it for myself." 49ers Super Bowl Jerseys . Now tied for second in the league in shootout goals, the 24-year-old likes to see what the opposing goaltender has in store before he ultimately lands on a move. Roger Craig Super Bowl Jersey . The native of Mont-Tremblant, Que., captured a World Cup downhill event Saturday, his second this year and fifth career victory on the circuit. http://www.authenticsf49erspro.com/Dee-ford-49ers-jersey/ . -- Ken Appleby made 32 saves for his first shutout of the season to lead the Oshawa Generals to a 2-0 win over the Belleville Bulls on Wednesday in Ontario Hockey League action. Marquise Goodwin Super Bowl Jersey . President of baseball operations Larry Beinfest was fired Friday after 12 years with the Marlins. The move came as the team neared the end of its third consecutive last-place season in the NL East. Solomon Thomas Super Bowl Jersey .Y. - Rob Manfred was promoted Monday to Major League Baseballs chief operating officer, which may make him a candidate to succeed Bud Selig as commissioner. LOS ANGELES -- Defense will probably dictate when the Detroit Pistons tangle with the Los Angeles Clippers on Monday night at Staples Center.Both clubs rank among the NBAs best in defending. The Clippers lead the league in scoring defense, limiting opponents to 90.7 points per game, while producing 102.7 per outing.The Pistons are second to Los Angeles in scoring defense at 93 points per game, while averaging 100.5 points per game.Clippers point guard Chris Paul tops the NBA in steals at 3.5 per game.As a team, Los Angeles is the leader in steals with an average of 10 per game.Detroit has one of the games top defenders in the middle with center Andre Drummond, who is averaging 14.7 boards. And, the Pistons are the fifth-best rebounding club in the NBA at 47.3 per game. The Clippers are rank 11th at 45.2. Both teams are averaging 10.2 boards on the offensive end.But it isnt all about defense with the Pistons (4-2), who earned a 103-86 win over the Denver Nuggets on Saturday in a game Drummond had 19 points and 20 rebounds. Tobias Harris has been a sparkplug offensively, leading the Pistons at 18.8 points per game.Hes a very mature guy and hes very professional in his approach, Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy said, according to Pistons.com. Hes a guy whos always looking to get better. He looks at his game realistically. He figures out where he needs to improve and he works on it. Hes not an excuse guy. Its not outside forces and everything else.Van Gundy also praised Pistons forward Marcus Morris, who is scoring at a 17.5 points peer game clip.dddddddddddd.Marcus is the same way (as Harris), Van Gundy said. Its one of the reasons those guys play well. Theyre willing to look at their performances realistically and make improvements rather than blaming everything and everyone else.The Clippers (5-1) return home after a successful two-game stretch on the road, where they have compiled a 3-0 mark this season. They are tied with Oklahoma City atop of the Western Conference, their lone loss being to the Thunder last week.Los Angeles recorded wins over the Memphis Grizzlies on Friday and rolled past the San Antonio Spurs on Saturday behind the performance of Blake Griffin, who scored 26 of his 28 points in the first half en route to a 116-92 romp.Its nice to have those easy looks go down, said Griffin, who shot 13-for-19 from the floor, according to the Los Angeles Times. It just kind of builds your confidence.Griffin, though, couldnt resist crediting the Clippers defensive performance for being the difference against the Spurs. After all, defense is the top priority of Clippers coach Doc Rivers, who preaches it practically every time he opens his mouth.It starts with defense, Griffin said, according to Clippers.com. I know we always say that, but it really does.Said Rivers, Thats two nights in a row that weve had great pace, and our defense has been as good as Ive seen it. Our hands are everywhere right now, and thats a good sign. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen