llamy can joke about it judging by his reaction to

in Allgemein 23.04.2018 09:55
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

LAWRENCE, Kan. -- The words that tumbled out of Iowa State coach Matt Campbell this week may just as well have come from Kansas counterpart David Beaty, whose woebegone teams face each other Saturday.I continue to challenge the senior class and I continue to challenge the team, Campbell said, because this senior class does have a chance to put their stamp on this thing and theyve got a chance to come back here some day and say, `You know what? We changed this. We laid the foundation.The Cyclones and Jayhawks, both winless in the Big 12 and each 1-8 overall, are in the midst of massive rebuilding jobs under young, charismatic coaches. And while Campbell is in his first year and Beaty in his second, it is clear that they both have a long way to go.Still, that doesnt mean they are already looking ahead to brighter days.Were really fortunate because (the seniors) steadied the ship. That group has not allowed this program to say, `Hey, listen, were just going to go by the wayside and play for next year, Campbell said. I told our kids, I told our coaches, Im not playing for next year. Im playing for right now.The Cyclones have at least come close to breakthrough wins this season. They blew a big lead and lost by a field goal to then-No. 13 Baylor. They lost by a touchdown a week later to Oklahoma State. They rallied down the stretch in a 31-26 loss to Kansas State. And they made life tough on then-No. 14 Oklahoma in a 34-24 loss that raised plenty of eyebrows.Two of them belonged to Beaty, who has the utmost respect for Campbells rebuilding effort.They are a lot better than 1-8. They are the best 1-8 team in the country, he said. Maybe one of the best 1-8 teams you really have seen.The Jayhawks have had their share of close calls, too. They blew a 23-14 second-half lead against TCU, and were competitive into the second half against Oklahoma State.But theyve also been repeatedly blown out, leading some to wonder whether Beaty is up to the task.I have a lot of questions a lot of times about how our guys continue to move forward, he said, and how they are so resilient, and the answer is just quite simply in our seniors and their character. They have done a really nice job. They deserve a great finish here to end their senior year.As the Jayhawks prepare for their home finale, here are some things to note:Big 12 DROUGHTThe last time the Jayhawks won a Big 12 game was 2014, when they beat Iowa State with Clint Bowen as interim coach. They have lost their 18 conference games.AS FOR THE CYCLONESIowa State has only won two league games the past two-plus seasons, and one of them was last year against the Jayhawks. That was a big reason why Paul Rhoads was fired after the season and Campbell was plucked away from Toledo to rebuild the program.Unfortunately the last few years it comes down to this game, whos going to be at the bottom of the Big 12, Iowa State quarterback Joel Lanning said. We dont go into the game thinking that. We go into the game thinking, `One game at a time, one week at a time.QUARTERBACKS A-PLENTYIowa State and Kansas have both used plenty of guys under center. The Cyclones have mixed the running ability of Lanning with the big arm of Jacob Park, while the Jayhawks have used Ryan Willis, Montell Cozart and this past weekend, freshman Carter Stanley.Neither coach was willing to identify a starter this week. Expect several to play.INJURY UPDATESKansas expects to have offensive lineman Joe Gibson back from a neck injury, while Cozart and safety Mike Lee have passed through the schools concussion protocol and should be available.RUNNING IT UPThe Cyclones plan to rotate freshmen running backs David Montgomery and Kene Nwangwu along with veteran Mike Warren, who has been the starter all season.Its a good situation in my mind, Campbell said. Its hard to have one guy carrying the football all the time. I think its a great situation for us. Nike Shox r4 For Sale .ca NFL Power Rankings, overtaking the Denver Broncos and remaining ahead of NFC competition San Francisco, Carolina and New Orleans. Nike Pegasus 34 Womens . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. http://www.csidusa.com/clearance-nike-shox-r4-51/ . Murray beat Sam Querrey 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-1, 6-3 to clinch Britains opening-round victory against the United States on Sunday at Petco Park. "Im proud of the way Im playing just now, because I had to do a lot of work to get back to where I want to be," Murray said after celebrating with his teammates on the red clay court in a temporary stadium in left field of the downtown home of baseballs San Diego Padres. Air Zoom Pegasus 31 .com) - Following a late-game loss to the reigning NBA champs, the Toronto Raptors will look to sustain their recent high-level play as they travel to Indiana to take on the Pacers. Nike Shox Outlet . Michell Burger, a woman who lives on an estate next to Pistorius gated community, said she and her husband were awoken by the screams in the pre-dawn hours of Feb. 14 last year, when Pistorius killed Reeva Steenkamp by shooting four times through a door in his bathroom. They helped ensure Craig Bellamys NSW coaching career ended in tears.But now Queenslands Cameron Smith and Cooper Cronk only bring a smile to Bellamys face during State of Origin.The veteran duo inspired top ranked Melbournes record 48-6 NRL win over Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night.Storm coach Bellamy revealed after Brisbanes worst home loss he was not happy with the Melbourne pairs form at the start of the year.However, he claimed the Origin period had once again brought the best out of his stars.To be honest Cameron and Cooper were at the start of the season probably a bit down on the standards that they set, just a touch, Bellamy said.I am not sure if I should say this but it seems when Origin comes around their form goes up.Thats music to the ears of Queenslanders obviously but not so much New South Welshman.But they have really stood up (for Melbourne), probably gone above and beyond what they should be doing for this team.Skipper Smith again led by example as halfback Cronk set up five of Melbournes eight tries.It notched thhe Storms 10th win in 11 games against Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium - including six straight.ddddddddddddNot so long ago there were times when Bellamy was not so keen for Smith and Cronk to shine during the Origin period.The pair helped seal Queenslands 3-0 series whitewash in 2010, bringing an inglorious end to Bellamys three year stint as Blues coach.These days Bellamy can joke about it judging by his reaction to Maroons captain Smith being asked about Queensland this year sealing their fifth whitewash, but first since 2010.The Maroons will look to seal a 3-0 win in Origin III on July 13 in Sydney after already clinching their 10th series triumph in 11 years.We have had two opportunities to do it in my Origin career and done it once, Smith said.Bellamy interjected: I think that was in my reign, too.It was. That might have been your last game, Smith said.Bellamy smiled.It was. That spoilt the night, Bellamy said. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Stitched Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen