lling Jones tough-minded. Fumbles happ

in Allgemein 25.04.2018 12:02
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Bills head to training camp facing numerous concerns despite Rex Ryans rosy proclamations regarding the state of his team.A rash of bad news -- injuries, suspensions and legal issues -- persistently overshadowed the coachs suggestions that the Bills won the offseason, and were a zillion miles ahead of where they were a year ago after Ryan took over.Last season was no picnic for Ryan, who failed to deliver on a vow to build a bully. Instead, a high-priced and under-performing defense contributed to Buffalos 8-8 finish that extended the NFLs longest active playoff drought to 16 seasons.This year is already off to a tumultuous start.The troubling headlines began in February, when running back LeSean McCoy was investigated -- but eventually not charged -- for his alleged role during a nightclub brawl involving off-duty police officers in Philadelphia.More bad news came last week when Karlos Williams, McCoys primary backup, was suspended by the NFL for four games for violating the leagues substance abuse policy. And that was after Williams created a stir in June for being overweight upon reporting for mandatory minicamp.Then there are the injuries.Starting receiver Sammy Watkins had surgery on his left foot in April and is expected to miss the start of camp. Two weeks after drafting Shaq Lawson 19th overall, the Bills had the defensive end undergo surgery to repair a shoulder injury that nagged him at Clemson. Initially pegged as a starter, Lawson will instead miss at least the first month of the season.Even the media policy the Bills introduced in May was widely panned for being far too restrictive.Ryan countered the distractions with upbeat defiance following the teams final practice in June.I thought we had a good offseason last year, but not like this. Its so much different, Ryan said. I will challenge any team. I think weve won the offseason. But we need to win July.A number of things to look out for as the Bills open camp in Pittsford, New York, on July 30:TESTED TAYLOR: Tyrod Taylor is Buffalos unquestioned No. 1 quarterback after winning a three-way competition a year ago and delivering with a promising 8-6 record as a first-time starter. Strong-armed and mobile, Taylor oversaw an offense that led the league in rushing and scored 24 touchdowns of 20 yards or longer.The 26-year-old also showed signs of asserting himself as a leader.Taylors not even swayed by the potential distraction of having to prove himself while entering the final year of his contract.Very easy for me to stay positive, Taylor said. Im here to work. Thats what I came here to do. Were preparing for the 2016 season and Im looking forward to it.RUNNING OUT OF RBS? The Bills might be suddenly short on running backs with Karlos Williams four-game suspension and with rookie fifth-round pick Jonathan Williams facing potential discipline after being arrested in Arkansas on a misdemeanor charge of driving while intoxicated.The Bills plan to be cautious in how much practice time McCoy gets after he was bothered by a foot injury in June, and after he hurt his hamstring in camp last year. Mike Gillislee, recently re-signed Boom Herron and James Wilder will compete for the primary backup spot to open the season.O-LINE: Four of five offensive line spots are set after the Bills re-signed left guard Richie Incognito and left tackle Cordy Glenn. The only position in question is right tackle with Seantrel Hendersons status uncertain as he recovers from offseason intestinal surgery to relieve the effects of Crohns disease. Jordan Mills, who took over for Henderson last season, and Cyrus Kouandjio will compete for the job.WHOLL CATCH ON? The Bills have holes to fill at receiver after losing Chris Hogan to free agency and following Percy Harvins retirement. Among those in contention are Greg Salas and Leonard Hankerson, two late-season additions last year, as well as free-agent addition Jarrett Boykin. Also in the mix are 2015 seventh-round pick Dez Lewis and Marquise Goodwin, who failed to make the U.S. Olympic team as a long jumper.TWINBILL RYANS: Ryan addressed concerns about his defense by hiring twin brother Rob Ryan as assistant head coach. Though Dennis Thurman retains the defensive coordinator title, Rob will hold an unspecified role involving the defense.Rex Ryan also shuffled other staff positions by hiring John Blake (defensive line) and adding former star safety Ed Reed (assistant defensive backs). Kathryn Smith takes over as special teams quality control assistant in becoming the NFLs first full-time female coach.---AP NFL website: http://pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Under Armour Outlet . -- Aaron Murray threw for 408 yards and three touchdowns, ran for another score, and led No. Under Armour Outlet Stores . According to a report from the Vancouver Province, the Lions are expected to replace former DC Rich Stubler with defensive backs coach Mark Washington. http://www.stephencurryshoe.com/ua-basketball-shoes-stephen-curry.html . Marincin has played in two NHL games so far this season with two penalty minutes. The 21-year-old has three goals, four assists and a plus-5 rating in 24 games with the American Hockey Leagues Oklahoma City Barons this season. Phenom Proto Training Shoes . The Swede became the first golfer to win the PGA Tours FedEx Cup and European Tours Race to Dubai in the same season. "It is still taking a little time to sink in what Ive achieved this week as was the case when I won the FedEx Cup but then it just kept getting better and better as the days went on and I am sure this will be the same," he said. Under Armour Shoes On Sale . Halifax beat the Saint John Sea Dogs 7-5 on the strength of two goals apiece from Nikolaj Ehlers, Matt Murphy and Brent Andrews. Jonathan Drouin also scored and had three assists while Zachary Fucale made 17 saves for the Mooseheads (16-8-0), who led 6-1 after two periods. CINCINNATI -- Paul Guenther took down the photos from above his desk and pointed out Jay Gruden standing in their group with various racehorses.The two of them hit it off during their time together in Cincinnati, spending a lot of time together at the track and other places. They and their families remain close.We talk every other day, every third day, said Guenther, the Bengals defensive coordinator. Were up there in our sports pictures together, all of them.No friendly chats this week, though. Guenther and Gruden have to scheme against each other -- trying to take advantage of their familiarity -- as the Bengals (3-4) get ready to host Grudens Redskins (4-3) in London on Sunday.Its the second week in a row that the Bengals are facing a former offensive coordinator. Hue Jackson pulled a few tricks with his depleted Cleveland Browns last Sunday, keeping the game close until he lost yet another quarterback. The Bengals pulled away 31-17.Gruden preceded Jackson as the Bengals offensive coordinator and installed the system they still use. He and Guenther spent a lot of time picking each others brains about how they can make things more difficult for opposing teams. And yeah, there was some friendly competition and they drew their competing Xs and Os on paper.Theres plenty of trash-talking over a couple of sodas, thats for sure, said Gruden, in his third season as the Redskins head coach. When we were together, we actually helped each other out a lot. We talked about (pass) protections and blitzes and all that stuff. I told him our answer, and he helped me with their answer.Whoever had the pen last, I promise you, was the victor.Now they get to draw it up for real.Both teams bring prolific passing offenses into their match at Wembley Stadium, the first time either franchise has played a regular-season game in London. It well could come down to who has the better answers on defense.I think theyll be a little more extravagant with what they do against us most likely, Gruden said, trying to think along with Guenther. Its going to be a great challenge.Some things to watch on Sunday:A.J.s JUGGLING: Bengals receiver A.J. Green made a one-handed catch in the end zone for a 48-yard touchdown against Cleveland. He had another one-handed, 48-yard catch later in the game. He takes his juggling skills, which he honed in grade school, to another country, inttending to entertain with a game as good as the previous one.dddddddddddd.Yeah, it was a little bit of everything, said Green, who leads the NFL with 50 catches.DALTONS SURGE: Gruden developed Andy Dalton starting with his rookie season in 2011. Dalton had his best year in 2015 before breaking his passing thumb, and hes following with another impressive season. He hasnt thrown an interception in the past three games. Hes posted a passer rating above 100 for each of the past four games.BENGALS RUN DEFENSE: Browns rookie quarterback Kevin Hogan ran for 104 yards against Cincinnati last Sunday, and Cleveland piled up 180 yards rushing overall. Cincinnati has allowed more than 150 yards rushing three times this season -- Dallas also ran for 180 -- and ranks 24th in run defense, presenting an inviting target for Grudens ground game.They run a little bit of that (quarterback) read option, and Im pretty sure were going to see some read option after how we defended it last week, defensive tackle Domata Peko said.COUSINS GETS HIS ZZZZs: To adjust his body clock to London time, Washington quarterback Kirk Cousins went to bed as early as 7:15 p.m. during the week and woke up at about 5:15 a.m. His offseason visits to England sparked the idea.I had a hard time adjusting, Cousins said. I was only there for about three days, and it was tough. I was sleeping in until noon or 1 oclock just because of how tired I was, so I want to make sure that doesnt happen.FUMBLITIS: Running back Matt Jones lost a fumble near the goal line in the Redskins 20-17 loss at Detroit, raising questions about whether undrafted rookie Robert Kelley might see a bigger role. If Jones cant play because of a knee injury, Kelley is Washingtons featured back and Chris Thompson remains in his third-down role.Im not worried about it, Cousins said, calling Jones tough-minded. Fumbles happen. If you play this game long enough, the balls going to get turned over. Guys make mistakes, its OK. And this isnt the first time he or anybody on this team has faced adversity, so we all just keep working and hell be no different.---AP Sports Writer Stephen Whyno in Ashburn, Virginia, contributed to this report.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen