Tom brought great basketball here when it was not going w

in Allgemein 25.04.2018 13:43
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

This story has been clarified. Read below.NEW YORK -- David Ortiz was annoyed -- with himself and New York Yankees catcher?Austin Romine.Starting his final series at Yankee Stadium, Ortiz went 0-for-5 with two strikeouts and stranded seven runners as the Yankees beat the Red Sox 6-4 on Tuesday night and delayed Boston from clinching the American League East.Big Papi ended the game by fanning with two runners on when Tyler Clippard threw him a high, backdoor cutter. The 40-year-old slugger was succinct, saying, That aint fun.Ortiz also didnt like all the trips to the mound by Romine.They tricked me tonight. Too much talking between the pitcher and catcher, Ortiz said. Ill trick them tomorrow.Despite a stellar season, Ortiz said before the game that there is no way he will change his mind about retirement.My body is counting the days, let me tell you, he said. Its hard to play baseball when you are 40. Im not going to lie to you, its hard -- especially when youre looking everywhere around and everybodys 20. You can be a dad.Ortiz is hitting .318 with a major-league-leading 48 doubles, 37 homers and 124 RBIs. He hopes to earn a fourth World Series ring with the Red Sox.You often wonder why hes retiring, Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. Gosh, the year hes having, I would really have to think about coming back. But Im going to encourage him to retire.Ortiz has homered six times against the Yankees this season. New York has planned a pregame ceremony for Thursday.Yankee Stadium, it might be my favorite place to hit, to play, regardless, he said. The dimensions are perfect for a left-handed power hitter. All the emotions, all the adrenaline, all the competition competing against the Yankees has been outstanding through the years.Ortiz has 53 regular-season homers against the Yankees, all but one with Boston, tied with Hank Greenberg for fourth behind Jimmie Foxx (70), Ted Williams (62) and Manny Ramirez (55). His 31 homers at the old and new ballpark in the Bronx are tied with Mickey Vernon for second-most among visiting players, one ahead of Williams and one behind Goose Goslin.When he walked to the plate before flying out to center field in the first inning, Ortiz was greeted by a mixture of boos and cheers, with some fans rising to applaud.I think there will be a lot of respect paid for a guy whos had some good moments in here, Red Sox manager John Farrell said before the game, going on to compare this to the Fenway Park finales of Mariano Rivera and Derek Jeter. Despite the rivalry, I think people appreciate baseball. They appreciate really talented players, and I would expect David to receive a similar treatment.Ortiz has been booed at Yankee Stadium since he joined the Red Sox for the 2003 season. But the jeers got more intense as his career progressed and he helped the Red Sox overcome a 3-0 deficit against New York in the 2004 AL Championship Series, then won World Series titles that year and in 2007 and 2013.It got more powerful now, he said. They know me a little bit more now.Ortiz took notice that a fan launched a website, moonbigpapi.com, encouraging spectators at Ortizs Yankee Stadium finale on Thursday to moon the Boston star.Can you imagine? Ortiz said, laughing. If it happens, Im going to make sure I got my cellphone in my back pocket.A previous version of this story incorrectly identified Gary Sanchez as the Yankees catcher Tuesday night. Sanchez was the Yankees designated hitter. Allen Iverson Jersey . "I wrote 36 on my sheet at the beginning of the game," the Cincinnati coach said, referring the yard line the ball would need to be snapped from. JJ Redick Jersey . During the athletes parade, the 23-strong Ukrainian team was represented by a lone flagbearer in an apparent protest at the presence of Russian troops in Ukraines Crimean peninsula. http://www.cheap76ersjerseys.us/?tag=moses-malone-jersey . President of baseball operations Larry Beinfest was fired Friday after 12 years with the Marlins. The move came as the team neared the end of its third consecutive last-place season in the NL East. Joel Embiid Jersey .J. Ellis hit two-run homers and the NL West champion Los Angeles Dodgers defeated the San Diego Padres 4-0 Saturday night. Philadelphia 76ers Jerseys Online . LOUIS -- Theres no telling how these wacky World Series games will end. CHICAGO -- For the first time since being fired by the Chicago Bulls last summer, Tom Thibodeau received a big ovation at the United Center on Friday night as he made his return with Team USA.Thibodeau, who coached the Bulls to a 255-139 regular-season record over five seasons, is an assistant coach on Mike Krzyzewskis staff. Krzyzewski, Dukes head coach and a Chicago native, was pleased to see Thibodeau received so warmly.Hes the best as far as preparation and [being] a team player, and the fans appreciate it, Krzyzewski said after Team USAs 80-45 exhibition win over Venezuela on Friday. [The reaction] was great. I love the fact that my town gave the guy who gave them his heart and soul for the number of years hes been here and acknowledged that. Thats a great, great thing. Im proud of my city for doing that.Bulls All-Star and Team USA swingman Jimmy Butler was sitting next to Krzyzewski on the dais after the game.Krzyzewski was upset that his long answer about Thibodeau had not allowed Butler, who grew into one of the best two-way players in the game under Thibodeau, to comment.Its OK, Butler said, smiling. You got it. You said everything I would have said.The Team USA homecoming for Thibodeau is a precursor to what will likely be an even bigger ovation when his new team, the Minnesota Timberwolves, come to Chicago next season. As he has done since being fired, the veteran coach tried to focus on the positive accomplishments that came from his five years with the Bulls.When you look back, you think [of] all the great memories that you had, Thibodeau said during Thursday practice of being back in the United Center. I was very fortunate to have the opportunity to coach here, great history, great tradition and we had great guys. It was very enjoyable to coach that team.Thibodeau was fired from the Bulls in large part because of a broken relationship with the front office. In his time away from a full-time job, Thibodeau said he visited 13 different teams and was a frequent guest at various pro and college games.The basketballl lifer was always appreciative of how hard his teams played on a nightly basis and still takes pride in the success he and his players had.ddddddddddddIts sort of the nature of the league in terms of it doesnt last forever, Thibodeau said. And that group was a special group of guys. From where it started, and unfortunately the injury [to former MVP Derrick Rose] derailed it some. But that being said, it was a very prideful group, a very proud group.Thibodeau continued: They never gave in, they never succumbed to the circumstances no matter who was out. They always found a way to fight. They found different ways to win, different guys stepped up. Thats sort of the way the league works. Over time, people leave [in] free agency, change teams, so Im happy for those guys that theyre going to get another opportunity, and I think theyve earned it. Those opportunities came because of the success that they had.Initially, Krzyzewski joked that he and the rest of Team USAs coaching staff paid fans to cheer for Thibodeau before the game.[Jim] Boeheim, Monty Williams and I gave about 5,000 people money so that they would cheer for him, and it worked, Krzyzewski said.Then the Hall of Fame coach got serious about what he thinks of Thibodeau and what he accomplished in Chicago.[Butler] plays for Chicago, and I grew up in Chicago ... its an amazing sports town, Krzyzewski said. It loves its athletes and its coaches. And they should love Tom. Tom brought great basketball here when it was not going well. And then really injury-wise -- if one thing, especially with Derrick, if he had been healthy, there probably, there could have been another [championship] banner or two here, and the fans realize that. And then things change -- hes gone off, he holds no resentment. Hes been real comfortable [here].Actually were staying a block from his apartment, Krzyzewski added. And for us, its good because then he stays there. Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen