ther fight.After the win, Gall called out 20-year-old

in Allgemein 28.04.2018 05:45
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- Yovani Gallardo limped off the field in the opener and Jeff Bianchi found redemption in the second game, just in time to give the Brewers a sweep of a day-night doubleheader. Bianchi delivered a two-run single off shortstop Starlin Castros glove with two out in the ninth to lead Milwaukee to a 3-2 victory over the Chicago Cubs in the second game Tuesday. The Brewers pulled that one out after a 6-5 victory in which they lost starter Gallardo to a tight left hamstring. That was the biggest news of the day, particularly with the non-waiver deadline approaching on Wednesday and the pitchers name circulating in trade rumours. Now, his status is up in the air and manager Ron Roenicke said the team will know more after Gallardo is examined by team physician Dr. William Raasch on Wednesday. "Were not sure as far as length of time," Roenicke said. In the second game, they got six scoreless innings from Tyler Thornburg and a leadoff homer from Juan Francisco in the fifth. Bianchi got a bit of redemption after he booted a grounder to short by Cole Gillespie in the seventh -- one of two errors in the inning by Milwaukee that led to a two-run double by David DeJesus off Burke Badenhop. "Thats whats great about this game," Bianchi said. "You get a chance in the (top) of the ninth to redeem myself a little bit for the mistakes early on in the game. Chicago took a 2-1 lead to the ninth, but closer Kevin Gregg (2-3) couldnt hold it. He gave up a leadoff single to Francisco and an infield hit to pinch-hitter Jean Segura with two out before walking Logan Schafer on what the Cubs thought was strike three. Then, Castro decided to dive for Bianchis soft liner to deep short when he might not have needed to, and the ball fell out of his glove, allowing two runs to score. DeJesus made a lunging catch in deep centre to rob Jonathan Lucroy and end the rally. Castro said the ball wasnt hit quite as hard as he thought. Even so, he insisted he made the right call by diving. "I was running hard," he said. "I cant stop. I stretched it out the best I can." Bianchis hit made a winner of Badenhop (2-3), who gave up two unearned runs in two innings. Jim Henderson worked the ninth for his 14th save in 17 chances and second of the day. He also survived a wild ninth in the opener. In his first start this season and seventh appearance, Thornburg allowed just four hits and struck out six while walking three. And he could wind up in the rotation if the Brewers have to go without Gallardo. "After that ballgame it would be a nice little fit. Well see what happens with Yo and well make that decision," Roenicke said. Jake Arrieta went six innings in his Cubs debut, allowing one run and two hits. He was acquired in the deal that sent Scott Feldman to Baltimore this month. In the opener, Segura hit a solo homer and the go-ahead double, Khris Davis added a three-run shot, and the Brewers rallied to beat Chicago after Gallardo hobbled off the field in the fifth. Davis homer in the seventh on the first pitch from reliever James Russell (1-3) wiped out a 5-2 deficit, and Segura capped the four-run rally with an RBI double, giving the Brewers a 6-5 lead. Milwaukee survived a major scare after Henderson came on in the ninth. Pinch-hitter Dioner Navarro walked with two out and Welington Castillo barely missed a winning homer, driving a 2-0 pitch just foul beyond the left-field wall. He wound up walking before pinch-hitter Cody Ransom flied to centre, giving Henderson 13 saves in 16 chances. Segura and Betancourt hit solo homers as Milwaukee built a 2-0 lead, but that unraveled in the fifth. The Cubs tied season highs with five runs and six hits in the inning. Gallardo came up clutching his leg after delivering a 1-2 pitch to Darwin Barney with two out and the bases loaded and immediately left the game. Barney delivered a tying two-run single off John Axford, and Castillo, Carlos Villanueva and DeJesus followed with run-scoring singles to make it 5-2. Gallardo allowed three runs and six hits. He first felt pain in the hamstring in the fourth, when he made a diving catch on Villanuevas bunt. "As soon as I released it, it kind of tightened up a little bit," Gallardo said. "After I felt it on that pitch I figured it was going to be a little difficult to stay in there." After Axford got knocked around, Rob Wooten (1-0), Brandon Kintzler and Michael Gonzalez each pitched a scoreless inning before the Cubs threatened against Henderson. Villanueva, who gave up six hits and four runs in 6 1-3 innings for Chicago, was in line for the win after dropping his previous three starts before the Brewers rallied against Russell. NOTES: Although Jeff Samardzijas name has surfaced in trade rumours, Cubs manager Dale Sveum said he thinks its "very, very far-fetched" that he gets dealt before Wednesdays deadline. Samardzija, 6-9 with a 3.75 ERA, is not scheduled to become a free agent until after 2015. ... RHP Scott Baker (Tommy John surgery) continued to struggle in his fourth minor league rehab start on Monday, giving up three hits and two runs in 3 1-3 innings for Class A Daytona. ... Roenicke said he didnt expect any deals before the deadline. ... Marco Estrada threw 2 2-3 innings Monday for Milwaukees Arizona Rookie League team in his first appearance rehabbing from a strained left hamstring suffered June 3. Roenicke said Estrada will pitch Friday, although the location hasnt been determined, and that hell need a minimum of two more starts before returning. ... RHP Edwin Jackson (6-11, 4.89 ERA) starts Wednesday for the Cubs, and RHP Wily Peralta (7-10, 4.54) pitches for Milwaukee. Kelly Oubre Jr. Jersey . Capitals head coach Adam Oates said Ovechkin was injured in the first period against the Vancouver Canucks on Monday and clarified it was not a head injury. Cheap Nike Wizards Jerseys . Jon Montgomerys gold medal in skeleton at the Whistler Sliding Centre and his subsequent auctioning off of a pitcher of beer in the village square elevated him to folk-hero status. http://www.cheapwizardsjerseys.us/ . The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling "puts an end to my dreams of being a top player," the 27-year-old Troicki said in a statement. "I worked my entire life for it, and it has been taken away from me in one afternoon by a doctor I didnt know," said Troicki, whose ranking peaked at No. Washington Wizards Jerseys Online . MLS Commissioner Don Garber and Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez also will attend the session, which was announced Monday. The league has discussed placing its next two expansion teams in Miami and Atlanta. Bradley Beal Jersey . How great will be revealed in the next couple of days at the board of governors meeting in Pebble Beach, Calif. CLEVELAND -- There were no steel chairs to the back, jumps off the top rope or long-winded promos -- just a legitimate, one-sided beatdown suffered by CM Punk.And, apparently, he loved every second of it.The mixed martial arts debut of retired wrestling superstar CM Punk, whose real name is Phil Brooks, came and went in a matter of 134 seconds Saturday at UFC 203 in Quicken Loans Arena. The welterweight fight ended at 2:14 of the opening round, when Punk tapped to a rear-naked choke applied by 24-year-old Mickey Gall.Punk, 37, who left the WWE in 2014 and signed with the UFC despite no fighting background, was taken down immediately after the opening bell. Gall (3-0) quickly moved to full mount and battered Punk with punches to the side of the head. Punk, who spend the last 20 months training at Roufusport in Milwaukee, ultimately gave up his back and then the choke.Despite the loss, Punk promised to be back in the Octagon. He has said his deal with the UFC is for multiple fights.In life, you go big or you go home, Punk said. I just like to take challenges. This was a hell of a mountain to try and climb. I didnt get to the summit today, but that doesnt mean Im gonna give up. It doesnt mean Im gonna stop.Obviously, Mickey is a hell of a fighter. I will be back. Believe it or not, this is the most fun Ive ever had in my life. Second-best night of my life, beehind marrying my wife.ddddddddddddFighting out of New Brunswick, New Jersey, Gall took advantage of Punks first steps as a professional fighter. Punk came out in an upright stance and moved aggressively forward. Gall changed levels and put Punk on his back before he had an opportunity to throw a single combination. Gall followed that with punches and elbows from top position, before advancing to side control and then mount.Gall got the fight with Punk last November, calling for the fight after winning his professional debut on the regional scene. UFC president Dana White was in attendance for Galls pro debut while filming an internet series.Gall made his UFC debut in February, defeating Mike Jackson via rear-naked choke in just 45 seconds. The Gall-Punk fight was delayed earlier this year when Punk required back surgery. Gall elected to wait, rather than ask for another fight.After the win, Gall called out 20-year-old phenom Sage Northcutt (8-1), who is 3-1 in the UFC.It [the Punk fight] was a real opportunity for me. With that said, this might sound gimmicky, but Im no gimmick fighter, Gall said. Im for real, and Im not going f---ing anywhere.Ive got someone I want next. I want Super Sage Northcutt. I think that boy is corny. Cheap Jerseys From China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen