ing you just cant do. We will make sure that Kent learns fr

in Allgemein 28.04.2018 14:10
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

ST PETERSBURG, Fla. -- The Baltimore Orioles will look to right-hander Yovani Gallardo to pick up where Ubaldo Jimenez left off when they face the Tampa Bay Rays in the second game of a three-game series Tuesday at Tropicana Field.Jimenez led the Orioles to a 7-3 win Monday with the teams first complete game in two years. He retired the last 16 batters he faced.Gallardo (4-7) has struggled this season but showed signs of improvement in his last start against Toronto when he gave up three runs in the first inning but held the Blue Jays scoreless for the next five innings to register a quality start. He has lost his last four decisions and the Orioles have dropped his last five starts.Orioles manager Buck Showalter is hopeful Jimenezs start can energize the rest of the rotation.I think the guys in the rotation are starting to step up and we need them to because these are important games now, Showalter said. Gallardo pitched well his last time out and I think hell pitch well again.Baltimores offense is also starting to find its way again, especially first baseman Chris Davis, who went 2-for-4 with a home run and three RBI on Monday. Davis is 6-for-15 with two home runs and five RBI in his past four games as he tries to break out of a long slump.These guys have been picking me up all season and Im hoping that I can keep this going, Davis said. Im starting to feel good at the plate again.Baltimore will have to figure out a way to get to Rays starter Jake Odorizzi (9-5), arguably the best pitcher in the league since mid-July.Odorizzi is 6-0 since the All-Star break and the Rays have won seven out of his past nine starts. He has a 1.89 ERA since the break, which is the lowest in the American League.Im just feeling confident in everything out there right now, Odorizzi told MLB.com. I have a feel of all my pitches. Its nice to go out there and get my work in every six days.The right-handers recent surge started with a win against the Orioles on July 17, when Odorizzi gave up two runs and seven hits in six innings and struck out seven.Tampa Bay may be without third baseman Evan Longoria, who is day-to-day with soreness in his right hand after being hit by a pitch Monday. X-rays on the hand were negative.It never feels good when you get hit in the hand, but we got lucky, Longoria said. X-rays negative is always a great thing. I wouldnt say I 100 percent expect to play (Tuesday). I dont know how its going to feel. I was trying to stay in the game but I felt like I was becoming a liability out there -- especially defensively -- because I didnt feel like I could grip the ball. But if I feel good enough to play I will. Jason Williams Jersey . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. Nikola Vucevic Jersey . The next step is a better finish. Bae played bogey-free Friday on another gorgeous day at Riviera for a 5-under 66, giving him a one-shot lead over Aaron Baddeley and Robert Garrigus going into the weekend. http://www.cheapmagicjerseys.us/ . Giroud, who wasnt in the starting lineup for two matches after allegations about his private life and a decline in form, scored twice in the first half. Tomas Rosickys chip made it 3-0 before half time at Emirates Stadium, while defender Laurent Koscielny scored an unmarked header in the second half. Bismack Biyombo Jersey . Uniteds eighth defeat of a wretched campaign means Liverpool, which currently occupies the fourth and final Champions League place, could go nine points clear of its fierce rival by beating West Bromwich Albion on Sunday. Charlie Adam scored both of Stokes goals at Britannia Stadium either side of Robin van Persies equalizer, with a miserable day for seventh-place United capped by first-half injuries to centre halves Jonny Evans and Phil Jones that forced them off. Mario Hezonja Jersey . JOHNS, N. AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas starting offensive lineman Kent Perkins was arrested early Friday morning on a charge of driving while intoxicated.Perkins, the Longhorns starter at right guard, was arrested near campus and booked into Travis County Jail at 4:54 a.m. Friday, according to jail records.According to the probable-cause affidavit, Perkins was arrested following a single-vehicle collision. Perkins was found asleep in his Dodge Challenger in the drive-thru line of a Raising Canes restaurant near campus shortly before 3 a.m. Friday.When a constable approached and instructed Perkins to move his car, he drove off and, about 10 seconds later, wrecked his car in a parking lot. When the constable approached the wreck, Perkins was again asleep at the wheel.Teexas coach Charlie Strong said in a statement hes still gathering facts before determining Perkins punishment.ddddddddddddWere disappointed in his actions and take a strong stance against drinking and driving, Strong said. When you get behind the wheel after drinking, you not only risk your life, but the lives of others, and thats something you just cant do. We will make sure that Kent learns from this and handle any punishment once we have more information.Perkins is a senior leader on the team who has started 26 of his 31 career games.The Longhorns are on a bye week before beginning Big 12 play on Oct. 1 at Oklahoma State. Cheap Jerseys 2018 Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys 2019 NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen