You talk about dynamics of leadership,

in Allgemein 30.04.2018 08:02
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

Sean ORegans dream of running his own womens college basketball program finally tips off when James Madison opens its season against No. 13 Tennessee on Friday night.After nine years as a Dukes assistant, the game will be his first as their head coach.Its a pretty big change for me, moving a chair over, ORegan said of replacing Kenny Brooks, now the head man at Virginia Tech.The visit from the Lady Vols, the winningest womens team in NCAA history, was ORegans idea.I didnt feel like wading into the water. I felt like jumping in, he said.ORegan is one of 56 new head coaches in Division I basketball this year. Other notable changes include Stephanie White taking over at Vanderbilt, Jen Rizzotti at George Washington and Jim Crowley at Providence.There is an historical component to the game in Harrisonburg, Virginia. While the Lady Vols 1,299 victories are by far the most among all womens programs, the Dukes are a surprising fourth on the list with 1,045. The matchup is a good way to try to get the season off to a fast start, Lady Vols coach Holly Warlick said.I dont care what level it is, JMUs been proven to be a solid team, she said. Theyve gone to the tournament. They went to the tournament last year. I continue to say our schedule needs to get us ready for the tournament. I think this does just that. It will be a huge crowd. ... It will be a difficult game.ORegan expects Dukes fans to be out in force to kick off the season.Theres an exceptional buzz around the game and I think it will be fun for everyone involved, he said. The community here, they support football and they support mens basketball, but I really believe its a little bit of a womens basketball school here with the support we get. It helps us in so many ways. It helps us with winning games. It helps us with our players feeling relevant, and I think thats a big thing in womens basketball.More than crowd support, ORegan has returning talent. The Dukes went 27-6 last year, including 17-1 in the mid-major Colonial Athletic Association, and went to their fifth NCAA Tournament in the past nine years. And they did it despite not having redshirt senior Precious Hall all season because of injury.Hall, a 5-foot-8 guard, averaged 20.8 points as a junior, and is back at full strength, helping to minimize the losses of top scorers Jazmon Gwathmey (20.7 ppg), Ashley Perez (14.4 ppg), and point guard Angela Mickens.Year after year with what Kenny did here, it seems like you lose irreplaceable players every year, and you keep finding a way to replace them, ORegan said. The Precious piece is huge. ... You dont find players like that very often, and when you do, you rarely walk into a program where they have one there waiting for you.The Dukes also have ample size led by 6-2 2016 CAA Rookie of the Year and all-defensive selection Kayla Cooper-Williams (5.8 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 70 blocks) and 6-2 senior forward DaLishia Griffin (6.6 ppg, 9.5 rpg).ORegan would love a marquee victory to start his head coaching career, and Friday nights matchup with the Lady Vols not only affords the Dukes that opportunity, but a chance to quickly gain some national recognition.---AP sports writers Doug Feinberg in New York and Steve Megargee in Knoxville, Tennessee contributed.---Follow Hank on Twitter: www.twitter.com/hankkurzjr Dikembe Mutombo Jersey .J. -- Marty Brodeur beat the Pittsburgh Penguins yet again. Alex English Jersey . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. http://www.cheapnuggetsjerseys.us/?tag=paul-millsap-jersey . Belfort (24-10) needed just 77 seconds to down Henderson in the headlining bout of Saturdays "UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Henderson" event at Goiania Arena in Goiania, Brazil. The fight served as a rematch of the pairs 2006 meeting, which Henderson won by decision. Kenneth Faried Jersey . -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing room, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. Gary Harris Jersey . The Oilers come in having lost five in a row (0-4-1) and 16 of their last 20 games, dropping a 2-1 decision to the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday. Tennessee running back Jalen Hurd has told the school he plans to transfer, Volunteers coach Butch Jones said Monday.Jalen has informed me that he intends to transfer, and I support him on that, Jones said. Im very, very thankful for everything that hes done for our football program, but its all about our football program and our football team and moving forward from this point forward.Hurds plans to transfer were first reported by radio station WNML in Knoxville, Tennessee. The radio station also reported that Hurd, who is 6-foot-4, wants to switch positions and will attempt to play wide receiver or tight end at a new school.Jones said he met with Hurd on Monday morning and discussed the situation.Hurd, a junior, has had an injury-plagued season and didnt play in the second half of Saturdays 24-21 loss to South Carolina.In 2015 he rushed for 1,288 yards and 12 touchdowns. He also had two receiving touchdowns.Sources close to Hurd have been saying for a year or more that he preferred to play in an I-formation offense.The loss of Hurd would limit Tennessees options in its rushing attack, as the Vols also are missing Alvin Kamara, who sat out the South Carrolina game with an unspecified injury.ddddddddddddJones said Kamara also wont play Saturday against Football Championship Subdivision program Tennessee Tech (3-5) and is questionable to return Nov. 12 against Kentucky. Jones also noted that defensive tackle Shy Tuttle will miss the remainder of the season with an unspecified injury.Kamaras absence likely means that sophomore John Kelly will be Tennessees main running back this week. Kelly ran for a team-high 94 yards on 14 carries against South Carolina and has rushed for 209 yards on 33 attempts this season.Obviously he will gain a greater role in our offense, Jones said. Hes an individual whos earned this opportunity. You talk about dynamics of leadership, hes one of the leaders of this football team. His energy. His passion. He was one of the most vocal players we had last night in my individual meetings with some guys. You talk about asserting your will on a football team, hes very, very passionate.ESPNs Greg Ostendorf and The Associated Press contributed to this report. Cheap Jerseys 2018 Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys 2019 NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen