nd play really well, it just means more for us, Reed s

in Allgemein 05.05.2018 10:02
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

PARIS -- Canadas Milos Raonic dropped a 7-5, 7-6 (4), 6-3 decision to South Africas Kevin Anderson in third-round mens singles play at the French Open on Friday. Raonic, the No. 14 seed from Thornhill, Ont., had his serve broken three times. "I wish I could have played better," Raonic said. "He was taking advantage of my second serve, I wish I could have done more on his. I dont think I served too great. "I lacked execution and struggled with being up a break in the third set. I didnt play well and a big part of that was down to him. He made me feel uncomfortable." The hard-serving Canadian also lost in the third round at Roland Garros last year. "I would have hoped that I would be playing better on clay now," he said. "Im frustrated with myself." Canadas Eugenie Bouchard and Daniel Nestor also suffered defeats Friday. Cheap Air Jordan 11 Retro All Red . Louis Blues absence from top spot in the TSN. Cheap Air Jordan 11 Retro Yellow . No. 13-seeded John Isner and No. 21 Philipp Kohlschreiber were among six players who dropped out of the tournament on Tuesday, joining No. 12 seed Tommy Haas and two other players who withdrew on Monday. http://www.cheapjordans11online.com/ .C. Lions has come to an end. Banks told TSN on Jan 2 that he had no interest in playing out the option year of his contract with the Lions in 2014, and he again made that clear in a conversation with Lions GM Wally Buono last week. Cheap Air Jordan 11 Retro Green . At a news conference Tuesday where it was thought that the fiery Schallibaum may be shown the door after a dismal finish to the Major League Soccer season, team president Joey Saputo said no decision has been made on whether the Swiss Volcano will be back in 2014. Cheap Air Jordan 11 Retro Black . -- Ty Montgomery had 290 all-purpose yards and two touchdowns, and fifth-ranked Stanford held on to beat No. NASSAU, Bahamas -- Its no secret that Patrick Reed grew up idolizing Tiger Woods. He often wears a red shirt on Sunday afternoons to pay homage and his recent Ryder Cup success can be at least partially credited to a desire to strut his stuff in front of the vice captain assigned to him that week.On Thursday afternoon, Reed was gift-wrapped a front-row seat to Woods return, serving as his first playing partner during a competitive round in nearly 16 months.As he watched Woods open with four birdies in his first eight holes at the Hero World Challenge before stumbling, a singular thought entered Reeds mind.I was like, Oh, my gosh, he later said. Tiger is back.The seemingly never-ending debate over Woods relative back-ness is subject to interpretation. Some consider him already back, having played four rounds this week. Others wont believe he is back until he begins playing a full PGA Tour schedule once again. Even others contend he isnt really back until hes contending for tournament titles -- or possibly even until hes winning them.Well, heres one thing we can agree upon: Woods being back portends positive things for golfs short-term future.Despite the doom and gloom picture that many have painted -- from decreased interest in the game to lower television ratings -- golfs most elite level has thrived and flourished in the few years since Woods latest decline. Jason Day, Rory McIlroy, Dustin Johnson and Jordan Spieth have become a quartet of entertaining superstars, any of them capable of dominating a tournament on a given week, while the likes of Reed, Rickie Fowler, Brooks Koepka and Hero champion Hideki Matsuyama represent the next tier of exciting young golfers, if not a blurred line between the two.I think we proved that golf does not need Tiger, Brandt Snedeker said. It was successful the last couple of years when we didnt have Tiger, to see Rory and Jordan and other guys step up and play the way they did. That said, golf is better when Tiger is around. I dont know if we need Tiger. We all want Tiger. I want to see Tiger playing again. Its fun.Golfs in a really good position these past few years and thats without him, Rickie Fowler concurred. Now it can only be better with him. He can only help it. And the better he plays, the better it is for the game.The game enjoyed its greatest popularity, numbers-wise, during Woods prime years. Starting with his transcendent victory at the 1997 Masters aand through the injury-riddled 2008 U.ddddddddddddS. Open title, he was the connective tissue, bringing the masses to the game and the game to the masses.It was enough to make these past few years -- with all of the young players atop the games highest level -- pale in comparison, despite the fact that there were burgeoning rivalries and a greater competitive balance on a weekly basis.If we can allow ourselves to consider the possibilities, theres potential for all of these players to continue playing their best golf, while adding the games most popular player to that mix. Its not a stretch to believe Woods full return to form could result in a golden age for the game, a cross-generational blend of superstars on some of its biggest platforms.Thats really exciting for us, Spieth said. Tiger moves the needle. Tiger created golfers from athletes -- even myself. I played a lot of sports and Tiger certainly played a large influence in why I decided to play golf. ... He can still have that influence for another decade on the golf course. I think he can truly help get the numbers back up in golf that have been dropping a little bit.The state of the game is tremendous; throwing him back into it just makes it even better, Zach Johnson explained. If hes playing competitive golf and he can play a mildly full Tiger schedule and stay healthy, even if hes in contention just two or three times, its going to elevate the product to a high that maybe we havent seen in a long time.Reed was among those who received a glimpse of the interest level Woods can once again bring to the game. He admitted that if he hadnt been in the field this week, he likely would have been watching from home, keeping an eye on the guy who has had so much influence on his own game.For him to come back and play really well, it just means more for us, Reed said. It not only grows the game, but it allows my generation to see the Tiger that we used to see on TV. I would love for him to get back to the stage where he is just playing solid, Tiger golf and be able to go against him.It can be argued whether golf is already in a good place or hurting from those declining numbers. It cant be argued what impact Woods return to the most elite level would bring to a game that always draws more interest with him playing well. Jerseys NFL China Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen