the Pioneer Football League.VIRGINIA TECH: The Hoki

in Allgemein 12.07.2018 17:34
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

After just squeaking into the Major League Soccer postseason, the Seattle Sounders FC now find themselves just two games away from a first-ever berth in the MLS Cup Final.Standing in its way is a visiting Colorado Rapids team on Tuesday that put together a memorable regular season finishing in second place in the Western Conference after missing the playoffs for the past two seasons.Colorado has gained some deserved notoriety as far as being the best defensive team in our league this year, Seattle head coach Brian Schmetzer said of a Rapids team that allowed just 32 goals in 34 regular season games. But they also have some attacking weapons so we cant forget about that.That stout Colorado defense was dealt a blow over the international break when U.S. international goalkeeper Tim Howard went down with an adductor injury in the 2-1 World Cup qualifying loss to Mexico.The injury means Zac MacMath will step into the lineup. MacMath started the first 16 games of the season prior to Howards arrival so it wont be too much of an eye-opening experience for him. In those 16 games, Colorado went 9-2-5 as the Rapids burst out of the gate to open the campaign.Im very excited to start again. After the front half of the season I had, its just another great opportunity to show off my skills in the postseason, said MacMath, according to the clubs website.Ive never had a playoff game before so Im excited about it. Im ready for it and hopefully we can get the (win).While the Rapids will be without Howard, Seattle will likely be without MLS Rookie of the Year Jordan Morris, who tweaked a hamstring in the previous round against FC Dallas. Hes been participating in training but is doubtful for at least the first leg in Seattle on Tuesday night.After a season full of turmoil in Seattle that has never failed to make the playoffs, Schmetzer has come in and righted the ship after taking over from former coach Sigi Schmid.Colorado won both regular-season meetings but the sides havent faced each other since May and theres been a lot changed since then.We dont like to change too much to the other teams, said Schmetzer of taking on a good Colorado side. Obviously there are subtle tactics that you use to try and gain an advantage but were trying to get our team right and firing on all cylinders and doing what we do best that puts to bed some of the questions you might have if you havent played against a team since May. Cheap Buffalo Bills Jersesys . By having more great seasons. Manning was the only unanimous choice for the 2013 Associated Press NFL All-Pro team Friday. Discount Bills Jersesys . Barcelonas entertaining victory ensured the defending Spanish champions retained their share of the league lead with Atletico Madrid two rounds ahead of their meeting in the capital. Real Madrid needed a late goal by substitute Jese Rodriguez to earn a 3-2 victory at Valencia to stay in third place and three points behind its title rivals. http://www.billsjerseyscheap.com/cheap-harrison-phillips-jersey/ . P.A. Parenteau scored early in the third period to help the Avs edge Toronto 2-1 on Tuesday night. Cory Sarich also scored for Colorado (3-0-0), which is off to its best ever start. Buffalo Bills Jerseys . Note: The Calgary Flames announced Tuesday that Sean Monahan would not be made available to Canadas World Junior team. Cheap Josh Allen Jersey . Vettel, who has already clinched his fourth straight F1 title, enters the finale with a chance to equal Michael Schumachers 13 victories in a year and match the record of nine consecutive wins by Alberto Ascari in the 1952 and 1953 seasons. BLACKSBURG, Va. -- Virginia Tech coach Justin Fuente downplayed any personal satisfaction derived from his teams season-opening performance, but needless to say, he enjoyed most of what he witnessed in his debut as the Hokies head coach.Virginia Tech quarterback Jerod Evans threw for 221 yards and four touchdowns to lead the Hokies to a 36-13 season-opening victory over Liberty on Saturday, handing Fuente his first victory.Fuente, who spent the previous four seasons at Memphis, took over in January for Frank Beamer, who retired after 29 years as Virginia Techs head coach.The atmosphere here is fantastic, Fuente said. Its what college football is all about. People at Virginia Tech take a lot of pride in the game-day atmosphere, and they should. It was incredibleMy thought process coming into the game was how would our kids handle this? How do they respond when things dont go well. There were some times when things were kind of ugly looking, but I liked the way our kids dug in there and plowed away. The atmosphere was fantastic and Im pleased with the way the kids responded to adversity.Fuentes decision last week to name Evans the starting quarterback certainly looked like a good move after Evans completed 20 of 32 passes. He threw touchdown passes on the Hokies last two possessions of the first half to help Virginia Tech rally from a 13-10 deficit.It was a great feeling, Evans said. Its been nine months of hard work. We finally got to showcase what weve been working on for nine long months. We had some mistakes, for sure. I know on my part I had a lot of mistakes that I am going to clean up, but it was exciting.Evans, who won a three-man battle for the job, played less than three quarters. Fuente pulled him after he fumbled on an option pitch -- his second fumble of the game.Some good and some bad would be my first impression, Fuente said of his quarterback. We neeed to take care of the football.dddddddddddd He made some good plays in the passing game. My gut reaction is some good and some bad.Liberty amassed just 160 yards of offense, scoring all of its points off of Virginia Tech turnovers. The Hokies lost four fumbles.They made more plays than we did, but well bounce back, Liberty coach Turner Gill said. We will be a better football team from this ball game.THE TAKEAWAYLIBERTY: Liberty quarterback Stephon Masha got off to a rough start in his attempt to replace Josh Woodrum, a four-year starter. Masha completed 9 of 25 for 70 yards and two interceptions. It was a sloppy debut overall for Liberty, which committed 13 penalties, including eight false-start penalties.VIRGINIA TECH: The Hokies defense struggled with consistency a year ago, but looked good Saturday. Virginia Tech, which intercepted just 10 passes last season, had three, marking the 41st time under defensive coordinator Bud Foster that the Hokies have intercepted at least three passes in a game. Theyre 38-3 in those games.It was a good starting point for us today, Foster said. I was pleased with how we played. We didnt give up any explosive plays. All in all, I thought we did a nice job in some sudden-change situations and on third down. I think they had 11 turnovers last year, so that (forcing the turnovers) was big.UP NEXTLIBERTY: The Flames will serve as hosts to Jacksonville next Saturday in Libertys home opener. The game will be Libertys first against an opponent from the Pioneer Football League.VIRGINIA TECH: The Hokies now get ready to take on Tennessee at Bristol Motor Speedway next Saturday night in a game that could set college footballs single-game attendance mark. The two teams havent met in the regular season since 1937. Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Hoodies Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Discount Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen