s with New York hosting San Antonio and Atl

in Allgemein 18.07.2018 17:12
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

TORONTO - For six innings on Tuesday night, Esmil Rogers confused the Colorado Rockies, holding them to one hit. When his night was over, two outs later in the seventh, Rogers left to a standing ovation, a grin on his face. The reliever-turned-starter has in himself the most important tool for any professional athlete. “Im confident,” said Rogers. “I think that thats the key. The confidence that Gibby and Pete give to me right now is unbelievable. They told me right away, be confident on the mound. I didnt have it in Colorado, Im not going to lie to you, and Ive got a real, unbelievable confidence right now that I can throw any pitch in any count that I want.” Rogers followed up his seven-inning, 93-pitch performance in Thursdays 6-1 win over Texas with 6 2/3 innings of two earned run baseball. He worked ahead and relied on his recently developed two-seam sinking fastball. Of Rogers 20 recorded outs, 14 were either strikeouts or groundouts. “Hes a four-pitch guy now,” said manager John Gibbons. “Coming out of the bullpen hes basically a two-pitch guy but hes added that two-seam fastball, he throws a little curveball now and then to go along with his slider and he actually throws some changeups. “I see much better command than coming out of the bullpen,” Gibbons continued. “The mentality sometimes there is you go in one or two innings and air it out, let it fly. Now hes pitching more. I tell you what: hes got a dynamite arm.” Rogers has a 1.71 ERA over four starts (four earned runs in 21 innings). Understandably, there is a question about whether Rogers arm will hold up given his off-season training program was geared toward middle to late relief. The answer wont be known until later in the season. In the meantime, Rogers will enjoy the ride. He wont stress. “Im not that kind of pitcher, like I come into the stadium the day before I pitch and try to look for the scouting report,” said Rogers. “I know Ive got ability and I know if theyre going to hit, theyre going to hit my pitches. Jose Reyes Update Jose Reyes started and played nine innings at designated hitter for class-A Dunedin, his second rehab outing. Reyes went 1-5 with a single in Dunedins 9-4, 11-inning win over the Yankees affiliate in Tampa. The win clinched the first half division crown for the Blue Jays, assuring the club playoff games when the regular season concludes. Dunedin plays on Wednesday morning at 11:00. Reyes was scheduled to be back at shortstop. Morrow Suffers Setback As Reyes continues to make progress toward an impending return to the Blue Jays, the club got bad news on starter Brandon Morrow. “The forearms still bothering him,” said Gibbons. “Theyre backing him off that rehab, get him re-examined and see where hes at. Same spot, forearm, tenderness.” Morrow started Monday nights game for Single-A Dunedin. He allowed three runs on five hits, including a home run, in two innings. After the game he reported a recurrence of pain in his forearm. In the meantime, hell be shut down from all throwing. Luis Perez Suffers Setback Left-handed reliever Luis Perez, who had Tommy John elbow ligament replacement surgery last July 17, has suffered a setback in his rehabilitation. Perez, 28, had progressed to Single-A action. He appeared in one game for Dunedin on June 10, pitching two scoreless innings. Perez had a 3.43 ERA in 42 innings, 35 relief appearances, for the Blue Jays in the first half of the 2012 season. The Blue Jays dont believe the setback is serious. Kris Versteeg Jersey . The Dane followed up his first European Tour title last weekend with eight birdies and just a single dropped shot on Thursday for a one-stroke advantage over South Africas Allan Versfeld and Portugals Ricardo Santos. Miikka Kiprusoff Jersey . The Barrie Colts defenceman, who impressed many with his play for Canada at the World Junior Hockey Championship, is the top-ranked skater in the February rankings. He has 19 goals and 24 assists for 43 points in 45 games with the Colts this season. http://www.cheapflamesjerseyschina.com/mark-giordano-jersey/ . -- Five former Kansas City Chiefs players who were on the team between 1987 and 1993 filed a lawsuit Tuesday claiming the team hid and even lied about the risks of head injuries during that time period when there was no collective bargaining agreement in place in the NFL. Mikael Backlund Jersey . Thats not a comment on the suspension that banished the Portland Winterhawks general manager and coach from his Western Hockey League teams bench for most of the 2012-13 season. Flames Jerseys Outlet . Coach Mike Munchak says Fokou stretched ligaments in his left knee Oct. 13 against Seattle, which could keep out up to five weeks even though the linebacker didnt need surgery. NEW YORK -- The WNBA will open its season on May 13 with the defending champion Los Angeles Sparks hosting the Seattle Storm.The league announced the regular-season schedule on Tuesday. The opening game on ESPN will feature the Sparks league MVP Nneka Ogwumike and finals MVP Candace Parker against the Storms rookie of the year Breanna Stewart and veteran Sue Bird.The WNBA, beginning its 21st season, also opens with New York hosting San Antonio and Atlanta visiting Connecticut.ddddddddddddESPN2 will show eight games during the regular season. The Sparks will appear on national television four times and the Storm and Minnesota Lynx will make three appearances each. The Sparks and runner-up Lynx will face off July 6 on ESPN2.The regular season ends on Sept. 3. Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Wholesale Authentic Jerseys China NFL Hoodies Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen