were in the Chesapeake Energy Arena, D

in Allgemein 18.07.2018 17:21
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

NEW ORLEANS -- If Jordan Clarkson and Lou Williams keep scoring like this, opponents are going to have trouble matching up with Los Angeles second unit this season.Clarkson scored 23 points, Williams added 21, and the Lakers won for the fifth time in six games, beating the New Orleans Pelicans 126-99 on Saturday night.Me and Lou are going to be real aggressive coming in. Were trying to do a good job of leading this second group, bringing the energy, scoring the ball, pushing the pace, Clarkson said. Coach (Luke Walton) gave that to us. Thats our role and thats what were going to do.DAngelo Russell scored 22 and Nick Young added 15 points for the Lakers, who shot 55.3 percent (52 of 94) overall and made 16 of 30 3-pointers.Combined, Lakers guards scored 84 points.It just shows how much firepower weve got and how deep we can go, Clarkson said. Weve got so many options, its crazy.Anthony Davis scored 34 for New Orleans, but left the game for a pivotal stretch with lower back pain after his layup had cut Los Angeles lead to 63-62 in the third quarter. Davis, who crumpled to the court after his shot fell, went to the locker room and was out of the game for four-plus minutes while the Lakers went on a 14-0 run.It just locked up on me, Davis said of his back. I hate being out, so I tried to do whatever I could to come back.Davis added nine more points after he returned, but New Orleans never recovered, losing for the ninth time in its first 10 games and dropping to 0-5 at home.New Orleans has been without three top players -- guards Jrue Holiday and Tyreke Evans, and forward Quincy Pondexter -- so far this season. The lack of depth caused by those absences stuck out against a Lakers second unit that has demonstrated exceptional chemistry lately.Their bench totally dominated the game, Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry said. We couldnt get Lou stopped. I thought Clarkson pretty much scored at will.Rookie Buddy Hield scored 18 points and Langston Galloway added 12 for the Pelicans.Young was 5 for 7 from 3-point range, while Clarkson went 4 of 6 and Russell 4 of 7.Rookie Brandon Ingram scored 10 points for the Lakers. He left the game in the second half with what team officials said was a sprained left ankle, but Ingram said he might have returned if his team hadnt built such a comfortable lead in the fourth quarter.TIP-INSLakers: Julius Randle had 11 rebounds to go with eight points. ... Williams entered the game as one of the top scorers in the NBA in a reserve role, averaging 15.9 points. He scored 14 in the first half, hitting six of his first 10 shots, including a 3-pointer. His 21 points tied a season high. ... Young, who entered the game 22 of 22 on free throws this season, did not attempt a foul shot -- nor did any Lakers starter. ... The Lakers 53.3 percent shooting from 3-point range was their best since hitting 14 of 25 (56 percent) in a 111-103 win over Denver on Dec. 30, 2014.Pelicans: Davis reached 30 points for the seventh time in 10 games this season. ... Hield reached double digits in scoring for the fourth time in six games, scoring no fewer than nine points in a game during that span and as many as 18 twice.REMINISCINGWalton and Gentry hugged in the hallway outside the locker rooms before the game. They also reminisced about their time as assistants on the same staff with Golden State during the 2014-15 season, when the Warriors were NBA champions. Gentry said he was not at all surprised to see Waltons early success as a first-year head coach of a young team that won only 17 games last season.Hes got a great feel for the game, but I think more so than that, hes got a great feel for people. He can relate to anyone, Gentry said.Gentry also alluded to a couple of Lakers players whove said they would run through a wall for Walton. In our profession, Gentry began, laughing as he spoke, youve accomplished a lot when an NBA player says something like that about his coach.UP NEXTLakers: Visit Minnesota on Sunday night.Pelicans: Host Boston on Monday night. Cheap Cavaliers Jerseys China . 8 Kansas to a 64-63 win over Texas Tech on Tuesday night. The freshman from Vaughan, Ont. Cheap Cavaliers Jerseys Authentic . PETERSBURG, Fla. http://www.cheapcavaliersjerseysauthentic.com/ . Numbers Game examines the deal that sees Michael Del Zotto and Kevin Klein switch places. The Predators Get: D Michael Del Zotto. Cheap Cavaliers Jerseys .2 billion agreement with Rogers Communications for the leagues broadcast and multimedia rights. Collin Sexton Jersey . As he recorded his 23rd and 24th points of the evening, a segment of the sellout Air Canada Centre crowd expressed their appreciation for the Raptors point guard with a smattering of MVP chants. OKLAHOMA CITY -- Of the three categories that Russell Westbrook is averaging double figures in, the one that most believed would be the hardest for him was rebounds. At just 6-foot-3 and playing point guard, it didnt seem possible in todays game that he could pile up the boards.Yet, entering Friday nights game against the Houston Rockets, Westbrook is averaging 10.9 rebounds per game. That puts him ninth in the NBA ahead of the likes of All-Star big men such as DeMarcus Cousins, Karl-Anthony Towns, Blake Griffin and Kevin Love.When he defensive rebounds, it helps us, Thunder coach Billy Donovan said. Anytime he defensive rebounds he is starting the break. That is obviously where he is very explosive. He is getting the ball earlier. His defensive rebounding to me pushes the pace and allows our guys to get out and run.Westbrooks rebounding has been key in putting a together a streak of six consecutive triple-doubles. Another one would tie him with Oscar Robertson (1961) and Michael Jordan (1989) for the second-longest streak in NBA history.As a team, the Thunder are third in the NBA in rebounding at 46.1. After Westbrook, center Steven Adams is next in line with a 7.7 average. Backup center Enes Kanter averages six boards a game.But one of the keys for not only Westbrook to flourish on the boards, but also the entire team, the players say they have no jealousy when Westbrook swoops in and snags a board while the big men are battling under the rim.No one cares. Wed rather it be him, Adams said. I like it because I can actually box out my dude. Its good that he gets to come in and take them.When Oklahoma City defeated Houston 105-103 last month, it was the Rockets who won the rebounding batttle 47-44.dddddddddddd Westbrook was held to seven rebounds.In that same contest, the Rockets allowed a nine-point lead in the fourth quarter to slip away. Much of that was due to a horrendous shooting night from James Harden, who was 4 of 16 from the field.Since that loss, Houston has rang up a 9-2 record and is only three games behind the San Antonio Spurs in the Southwest Division. One of the wins was a double-overtime victory against the Golden State Warriors, who own the best record in the NBA.The Rockets are coming off a 134-95 trouncing of the Los Angeles Lakers. Guard Eric Gordon drained a career-best eight 3-pointers as the team continues to put up long distance shots with no conscience. They are first in the league at 37 attempts from 3-point range per game and have set an NBA record by making 10 or more 3-pointers in 21 consecutive games.Im just settling in on my role and my role is definitely to bring a different energy and scoring, playmaking with the second unit, Gordon told reporters. Im settling in and its getting better and better. Teammates look for me and its just up to me to knock down shots.Houston (15-7) is carrying a four-game winning streak while Oklahoma City (14-8) has won six in a row.Even though its been less than a month since the last time the Rockets were in the Chesapeake Energy Arena, Donovan says neither team is playing the same.I dont think it is so much that Houston has changed, Donovan said. Theyre evolving and getting better. I would hope that were doing the same thing. Were evolving, were getting better. Were improving. Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Wholesale Authentic Jerseys China NFL Hoodies Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen