lso provides the governors office four season t

in Allgemein 23.07.2018 12:45
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

OMAHA, Neb. -- After two days of watching, Michael Phelps finally got into the water at the U.S. Olympic swim trials Tuesday morning, winning his preliminary heat of the 200-meter butterfly.Phelps finished in 1 minute, 56.68 seconds -- the fastest in the morning -- and was 0.22 of a second ahead of Pace Clark.My third turn was bad, awful, said Phelps, who is seeking his fifth Olympic appearance. Killed all the momentum. I felt like I didnt really use much legs, dragging them through the way. But its something to build off of. Well see.Also advancing was Chase Kalisz, Phelps protege who already made the team by winning the 400 individual medley Sunday. Tyler Clary, who was second to Phelps at the 2012 trials, moved on with the sixth-fastest time.In each of his four previous appearances at Olympic trials, Phelps competed in the 400 IM on the meets first day. However, he has not competed in that grueling event since finishing fourth at the London Olympics in 2012.Phelps had originally been entered in Mondays 200-meter freestyle but was later scratched to focus on the 200 fly, where he has the top four performances in the races history.I just wanted to swim, Phelps said. That was the most annoying part: having to wait this long. But Im happy to get the first one out of the way and just keep going.Last year at the U.S. nationals in San Antonio, Phelps turned in the years fastest time in the 200 fly at 1:52.94. Hell look to edge closer to that mark in Tuesday nights semifinals.In other events, Katie Ledecky, who already qualified for Rio in the 400 freestyle, easily advanced to the semifinals?of the 200-meter freestyle with a time of 1:55.60.?Leah Smith was second in 1:56.47.Missy Franklin tied for seventh with Hali Flickinger in 1:58.61 and will face a busy night. She will swim the semifinals shortly before 8 p.m. ET and return about 15 minutes later for the 100 backstroke final in a bid to make her second straight Olympic team.?I think I do my best when Im given a big challenge, and tonight Im really going to have a big challenge ahead of me, said Franklin, who won four golds and a bronze four years ago at the London Games. My warm-ups have been feeling really great. I think Im trying a little bit too hard and thinking a little bit too much. Its just about trusting myself and just letting it happen.Defending Olympic champion Allison Schmitt qualified fourth-fastest for the 200 free semis in 1:57.77.In the 200 individual medley, Maya DiRado advanced to the semifinals with the fastest time of 2:11.66. Caitlin Leverenz was second at 2:11.89, followed by Melanie Margalis at 2:12.36. Margalis also advanced as third-fastest in the 200 free.The Associated Press contributed to this report. Authentic Donte Jackson Jersey . The players spoke Jan. 13 during a Major League Baseball Players Association conference call after Rodriguez sued the union and Major League Baseball to overturn an arbitrators decision suspending him for the 2014 season and post-season. Authentic Jermaine Carter Jr. Jersey .Y. -- Paul Byron and Matt Stajan scored as the Calgary Flames started a five-game road trip with a 2-1 overtime win over the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday afternoon. http://www.cheapcarolinapanthersjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-d-j-moore-jersey .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. Authentic Ian Thomas Jersey . -- If this was Aaron Gordons final home game at Arizona, and it almost certainly was, then he went out in style. Wholesale Carolina Panthers Jerseys .C. -- Al Jefferson joked that he feels he can score from anywhere on the court. COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Gov. Nikki Haley can watch the University of South Carolina Gamecocks from a free luxury football suite only if she is conducting state business, the State Ethics Commission decided Wednesday.The commissions advisory opinion is a revision from last September, when the board unanimously said the university can continue its longstanding practice of providing free tickets to the box to whoever occupies the governors mansion, calling it a gift to the office rather than Haley herself.While last falls opinion said state business -- such as courting company executives or hosting out-of-state dignitaries -- should be a priority for the 16 tickets, it allowed for personal use.A caveat we put in the opinion recognized that sometimes there wont be a big company youre trying to woo to South Carolina thats going to need these tickets, said agency attorney Michael Burchstead, referring to a paragraph that read, in part, we are not advocating for the tickets to go to waste.Commissioner Frank Grimball said hes concerned about weakening state ethics law thats specifically meant to limit lawmakers entertainment by lobbyists, especially since the suites perks include free food and drinks. He said others may take advantage of the exception.The issue is that the tickets value far exceeds legal limits on how much agencies that lobby state government can individually give elected officials. Those limits are $60 daily and $480 dollars yearly. State law provides an exception for events directly related to state or local economic development.I think our job is to protect the act, Grimball said. Why not direct the governor to follow the act?He cast the lone no for the revised opinion, which limits the boxs use to state-related purposes.ddddddddddddGrimball called that wording too vague and argued unsuccessfully that the tickets should be used only for economic development.How much the gift is worth is unknown.USC spokesman Wes Hickman has said the university cant put a price tag on the tickets, provided for decades, because the governors office has a private suite on a level otherwise reserved for news media, the visiting athletic director and others who dont pay.Haley spokeswoman Chaney Adams said the governor personally attended two of six home games last year and three of seven in 2014.Like previous administrations, Adams said, Haley has used the suite for state business because theres no better way to showcase the great things going on in our state.Haley attorney Butch Bowers, who had no objection to the revised opinion, said the box is sometimes used for state business without Haley attending. But the governors office couldnt detail who has used the suite.The opinion is limited to Gamecocks football tickets. The school also provides the governors office four season tickets to mens basketball games.Clemson University, Haleys alma mater, provides the perk differently.Clemson board members and others individually provide the governor a football suite to the Tigers home games. Haley listed the worth of each of the 10 suites as $3,200 in her 2016 statement of economic interest, submitted in March. Officeholders are required to list gifts, their value and who gave them in the annual disclosure. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL T-shirts Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen