four starts, lasting at least 5 2/3 innings in each.Marine

in Allgemein 23.07.2018 12:46
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- After his first practice of the year, Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Steve Smith Sr.?made it known that he no longer wants to be questioned about his age.Smith, the NFLs oldest receiver, wants to prove he can still play at the age of 37.Im sick of you all saying, How can you depend on a 37-year-old to play this game after a ruptured Achilles? Smith said after Thursdays practice. Were going to see.Smith was activated off the physically unable to perform list Thursday, and he took the field for the first time since tearing his right Achilles tendon nine months ago. In talking to the media afterward, Smith was his vintage self: defiant, funny and emotional.He fought back tears when he recounted general manager Ozzie Newsome and coach John Harbaugh telling him to take time to think about his future after he suffered his season-ending injury. Smith acknowledged there were a couple of times he thought about calling it quits, but he ultimately returned for one reason.I really came back not to set any records but more because this organization gave me an opportunity, Smith said, his voice cracking at times. When I got hurt, I felt like I let those guys down in the locker room.Smith showed no signs of favoring his Achilles while running routes at half speed in what was a walk-through for Saturdays preseason game against the Indianapolis Colts. He isnt expected to play in any preseason games this year.Harbaugh said he was excited to see Smith but wasnt surprised to see him on the field.I would say he was going maybe a little stir-crazy in that training room, Harbaugh said. I think he wanted to get out on the field and get going again.Smith, who announced his retirement during last years training camp, would say only that this was his last year contractually. He declined to answer whether his 16th season would be his final one.You all worry all about the wrong things, and all the good things happen that get glanced over, Smith said. Were going to have good time. Were going to have some fun. And were going to make plays. And, oh yeah, I just happen to be 37 years old while Im doing it.Even if this is his final season, Smith doesnt want a farewell tour.Im not in this business to make friends, Smith said. If youre not in the same jersey as me, I plan to rip you to shreds.Smith then added, The bully is back. Vacation is over for the DBs. Cheap Brooklyn Nets Jerseys . Barcelona also left injured defenders Carles Puyol, Javier Mascherano and Jordi Alba out of its squad for the trip to Glasgow. That means that Marc Bartra will probably start again in the centre of the defence alongside Gerard Pique. Cheap NBA Jerseys . The giant slalom world champion slipped during her first run in the morning, landing on her back and then twisting forward before getting her leg caught in the protective material on the side of the slope. http://www.cheapnetsjerseys.com/ . After Mondays hard-fought loss, the wait seemed longer than usual. Getting set to go their separate ways for a short Christmas break, the Raptors coach credited his team for their effort on a seemingly impossible three-game road trip, urging them to build on that success when they get back to work at the end of the week. Wholesale Nets Jerseys . -- In one brief spurt, Brazil turned a close game into a rout and proved again it will be a strong World Cup favourite. Cheap Nets Jerseys Authentic . Mickelson barely made the cut but had the best round of the day with nine birdies and an eagle coupled with two bogeys to sit two shots behind leader Craig Lee of Scotland. Lee shot a 69 for a 12-under 204 total. "I just love the fact I am in contention and have an opportunity in my first tournament of the year here in Abu Dhabi," Mickelson said. SEATTLE -- Robinson Cano made sure the Seattle Mariners upheld their end of the wild-card equation.Cano hit two home runs, Taijuan Walker pitched six effective innings and the Seattle Mariners moved within one game of the second AL wild-card spot, beating the Oakland Athletics 5-1 Friday night.You want the other teams to lose, but at the same time youve got win, Cano said. You get to watch it here, but when its time to play, its time to play. Youve just got to go out and give it everything youve got.Seattle, which has won seven of nine, is one game behind Toronto for the second spot. The Mariners also trail Detroit by a half-game.We needed somebody to help us out today, Seattle manager Scott Servais said. We got a little help, but more importantly, we took care of business.Cano had a two-run homer in the first. He added his 38th home run in the third, a solo shot that gave him 100 RBI for the season. Norichika Aoki and Nelson Cruz also homered off Raul Alcantara (1-3), who was tagged for five runs and seven hits in two-plus innings.With Raul today, balls were over the middle of the plate, and unfortunately more mid-thigh than weve seen him, so he just had a tough night, Oakland manager Bob Melvin said.Walker (8-11) allowed one run on two hits in six innings, but walked five in a 113-pitch outing. The only run came on Ryon Healys 13th homer to open the sixth. Evan Scribner, Nick Vincent and Steve Cishek each pitched a scoreless inning of relief.It was just one of those weird starts where one hitter everything was locked in, the next hitter it was all over the place, Walker said. But, I just kept fighting.Cano drove a 1-1 pitch over the wall in center to give the Mariners to a 2-0 lead in the first after a leadoff infield single by Aoki.Aoki made it 3-0 in the second with his fourth homer just inside the right-field foul pole.Cano opened the third with another home run to center and Cruz followed with his 42nd homer to make it 5-0.The As loaded the bases in the fifth on two walks and a two-out error by second baseman Cano, but Walker retired Stephen Vogt on a popout.Zach Neal caame on for Alcantara with one aboard in the third and retired all 15 batters he faced.ddddddddddddHes come a long way, Melvin said. Hes had two days off, and gives us five innings of nothing against a team who looked like they were going to score 30 runs in the first couple innings.SEATTLES BIG THREEWith Cano reaching the 100-RBI mark, Kyle Seager needs just one more RBI to make the Mariners the first AL team since the 2001 Oakland As (Eric Chavez, Jason Giambi and Miguel Tejada) with three players with 30 homers and 100 RBI. Cano has 38 HRs, 100 RBI; Nelson Cruz 42, 103; and Seager 30, 99. The last team in the team in the majors with a 30-100 trio was the 2004 St. Louis Cardinals (Jim Edmonds, Albert Pujols and Scott Rolen).TRAINERS ROOMAthletics: RF Danny Valencia was originally in the lineup, but was a late scratch due to neck soreness. Matt Olson started in right.UPON FURTHER REVIEWThere was a crew chief review of Cruzs home run, which barely cleared the outstretched glove of center fielder Jake Smolinksi at the top of the wall, but then bounced back onto the field. The call was upheld after a review estimated at 2 minutes and 21 seconds.MARINERS COMPLETE TRADESeattle sent minor league infielder Tim Lopes to Toronto to complete the Aug. 6 trade for reliever Pat Venditte. Lopes, 22, hit .284 with one home run and 49 RBI with Double-A Jackson of the Southern League. Venditte, who pitches with either hand, is 0-0 with a 7.15 ERA in six appearances with Seattle.UP NEXTAthletics: Rookie RHP Jharel Cotton (2-0, 1.44 ERA) makes his fifth career start since being called up from Triple-A Nashville on Sept. 7. He has not allowed more than one earned run in any of his four starts, lasting at least 5 2/3 innings in each.Mariners: RHP Hisashi Iwakuma (16-12, 3.96 ERA) has been Seattles most consistent pitcher over the course of the season. His 16 victories are a career high, but he is 2-5 in his last eight starts. Iwakuma is 4-0 against Oakland this season. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL T-shirts Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen