the Colorado Caribous moved to Atlanta. That incarnation lasted only three seasons, never drawing as many as 8,000 fa

in Anregungen für Homepage 02.08.2018 08:43
von jokergreen0220 • 1.230 Beiträge

BUFFALO, N. Randy Moss Vikings Jersey .Y. -- A castoff in Buffalo, Andrej Sekera is proving to be a big contributor in Carolina. The Hurricanes defenceman scored the go-ahead goal with 10:10 remaining, and added two assists in a 5-3 win over the Sabres on Thursday night, in Sekeras first game against his former team. "You always have memories. I spent seven years here. Its a big part of my life," said Sekera, who was traded to Carolina in June after having difficulty earning a regular role in Buffalo. "At the end of the day, it was a business. I got traded. Im trying to help Carolina win every game. And every win feels good." Sekera is more than doing his part. The goal was his eighth of the season after he combined for 17 in 339 career games with the Sabres. And his two assists upped his points total to 28 -- tops among Carolina defencemen, and one short of his career high. "Its very possible he could be our MVP so far this year," Hurricanes coach Kirk Muller said of Sekera. "From Day 1, until now, hes been our most consistent player." Alexander Semin scored twice to give him six goals in four games. Jeff Skinner and Jiri Tlusty, with an empty-netter, also scored in a game Carolina (22-19-9) overcame three one-goal deficits and improved to 8-3 in its past 11. Cody Hodgson, Tyler Ennis and Brian Flynn scored for Buffalo (13-29-7), which dropped to 0-3-2 in its past five games. Sabres captain Steve Ott was disappointed by how Buffalo let up against an opponent playing on consecutive nights, following Carolinas 3-2 win at Philadelphia. "You have a tired team that comes in and you should be the aggressor come the third period," Ott said. "I thought the first two were strong, but the third period I felt like they outworked us. And it shouldnt have been that way." The Sabres appeared to take control in the opening minute of the third period, when Ennis one-timed in a rebound from the left circle. The Hurricanes struck back by scoring twice over a 2:25 span. Semin tied it at the 7:25 mark. It was set up by captain Eric Staal, who out-muscled Sabres defenceman Henrik Tallinder for the puck behind the Buffalo net. Staal fed a pass into the lower right circle, from where Semin sneaked a shot that beat Jhonas Enroth on the short side. Sekeras goal came as he worked the puck across the top and waited for an opening. With teammate Riley Nash parked in front, Sekera blasted a shot that sneaked in through Enroths legs. Hurricanes goalie Anton Khudobin then made sure the lead stood up in finishing with 26 saves. He got his left pad out to stop Ennis low shot with 50 seconds remaining. Khudobins best save came in the first period, when he stuck out his right pad to foil Zemgus Girgensons, who was in alone on a short-handed breakaway. "It was a great comeback," Khodobin said. "Even after they had the third goal right at the start of the third period, it didnt break us. Guys stuck with the plan." Carolina improved to 4-0-1 in its past five trips to Buffalo, and 8-1-2 in its past 11 meetings against the Sabres. Sekera got an opportunity to clarify what some Sabres fans perceived to be a disparaging comment he made about Buffalo in September. He was quoted as saying, "I think everything is better than Buffalo." Sekera said he was referring to the weather, not the city. "Definitely was taken out of context," he said. "I meant that every city is better than Buffalo weather-wise, not living-wise. I spent seven years here so I wont be burying any people in the organization. They brought me in this league. They made me the player I am right now." The weather in the northeast has affected the Hurricanes. Their game at Philadelphia was pushed back a day because of wintry weather. And Carolinas first scheduled game at Buffalo on Jan. 7 was postponed to Feb. 25 because of a blizzard. NOTES: The Sabres are starting to find their offence. They have scored three or more in regulation in each of their past five games for their best streak since doing that in eight straight games from March 19-April 3, 2012. ... Sabres C Phil Varone had an assist in making his NHL debut a day after being called up from AHL Rochester. ... Hurricanes LW Drayson Bowman returned after missing four games with a lower body injury. Brian ONeill Vikings Jersey .com) - Robert Martin and Josh Hicks combined for more than 300 yards rushing and three touchdowns, as Rutgers rolled past North Carolina, 40-21, in the Quick Lane Bowl. Mike Hughes Vikings Jersey . Top-ranked Rafael Nadal was also taken to three sets but emerged with a 6-3, 6-7 (3), 6-3 win over Tobias Kamke of Germany, while second-seeded David Ferrer joined Murray in making an early exit after a 6-4, 7-5 loss to Daniel Brands of Germany. http://www.vikingsnflfansclub.net/Black-Friday-Trevor-Siemian-Jersey/ .The McLaren MP4-30 was launched on Thursday, with chief executive Ron Dennis saying it marks the start of a lengthy journey back to winning grands prix and eventually world championships.McLaren, which hasnt won a grand prix since 2012, will be using Honda engines for the first time since 1992, and has signed two-time world champion Fernando Alonso to partner Jenson Button for the upcoming season.ATLANTA -- Major League Soccer is closing in on a deal with Falcons owner Arthur Blank to bring an expansion franchise to Atlantas new downtown stadium. The team would likely begin play in 2017, when the $1 billion retractable roof stadium is set to open next to the Georgia Dome to provide a new home for the NFL Falcons. "Our discussions with Major League Soccer continue, but we do not have a final agreement at this time," Kim Shreckengost, the chief administrative officer for Blanks AMB Group, said Tuesday in an email to The Associated Press. "We hope to complete the agreement soon, at which time we will make a formal announcement." The Atlanta Journal-Constitution has reported that a new team will be announced April 16. "We are continuing discussions with Arthur Blank to bring a Major League Soccer expansion team to Atlanta," said Dan Courtemanche, a spokesman for MLS. "However, we have not finalized an agreement at this time." The MLS has long coveted the Atlanta market, the largest in the U.S. without a team, as it moves toward its goal of expanding to 24 franchises. The 19-team league has already announced expansion franchises in New York City and Orlando that are scheduled to begin play next season, in addition to a provisional franchise in Miami owned by a group that includes David Beckham. That team is contingent oon a deal for a new soccer-specific stadium in south Florida. Daniel Carlson Vikings Jersey. There are no such concerns in Atlanta, where the Falcons new stadium was designed to accommodate an MLS team, providing Blank with additional revenue streams for the elaborate facility. While most MLS teams are moving toward smaller stadiums that are built solely for soccer, the Atlanta franchise would follow the model of teams in Seattle and Vancouver, which play in larger facilities downsized to provide a more intimate setting. For instance, Vancouvers BC Place has a curtain system that blocks off the upper deck, reducing capacity from 54,000 to 21,000. Atlantas new stadium will likely have a similar capability. Atlanta had two franchises in the old North American Soccer League. The Chiefs won the leagues first championship in 1968 but folded after the 1973 season, having spent their final year known as the Apollos. The Chiefs returned to the NASL in 1979 when the Colorado Caribous moved to Atlanta. That incarnation lasted only three seasons, never drawing as many as 8,000 fans a game before folding due to heavy financial losses. Atlanta has a team in a new version of the NASL, a league that ranks below MLS on the U.S. soccer ladder. The Silverbacks play at a 7,500-seat stadium on the outskirts of the city and are apparently not involved in talks on the MLS expansion team. Wholesale Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 Discount Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Throwback Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen