ts defensive catalyst Jason Pierre-Paul is ge

in Allgemein 03.08.2018 13:30
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

Super middleweight world titleholders Badou Jack and James DeGale have been on a collision course since they appeared together on the same Showtime-televised card in April in Washington, D.C.The whole idea of having them fight on that card was to pair them if they retained their titles, which they did. Jack did so by controversial draw in a fight most thought he won easily against Lucian Bute (who tested positive for a banned substance after the fight), while DeGale did so by unanimous decision against mandatory challenger Rogelio Porky Medina.And though it took some time to work everything out, Jack and DeGale -- regarded by many as No. 1 and No. 2 in the 168-pound weight class, in whichever order one wants to place them -- will meet Jan. 14.On Wednesday, they met face-to-face and showed respect as they formally announced the fight at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, to be televised on Showtime.Its here. The big one, DeGale said. The best fighting the best. No. 1 against No. 2. Badou Jack is a very good fighter. He doesnt do anything spectacular, but hes a complete fighter. I have that X factor. Ive lost before, and Im not going to lose again. Ive come too far in my life to lose this opportunity.Jack offered his take on the matchup.?Im expecting a very tough fight from James DeGale, but Im very confident that Im going to win the fight and become the unified champion, Jack said.This is an incredible stage to be at Barclays Center and on Showtime, and Im going to take full advantage of it. Im ready to make my mark as the best in the division.Barclays Center is on board to host the fight, but only as long as the promoters can secure an insurance policy that the state approves. New York recently implemented legislation that dramatically changed the standards for insuring combat sports in the state, and so far, no policy is available for boxing events. New York has not hosted a boxing card since Aug. 21. Several dates for the remainder of 2016 were canceled.But Mayweather Promotions and DiBella Entertainment, co-promoters of the card, rolled the dice in the hopes the issue will be ironed out in time for fight night. Lou DiBella, founder and owner of his company, said he was confident the insurance issue would be.There is going to be a show here on Jan. 14, DiBella?said. We have lawyers and insurance people on it, and we will pay what needs to be paid. This announcement not only represents a fight announcement but a call to action to all boxing fans. Boxing needs your help in New York. We need to change or repeal this law that has really shut us down. Even if we can get really expensive insurance for Jan. 14, the small promoters and small fights and grassroots boxing have come to a standstill.Promoter Floyd Mayweather added his thoughts.We want to continue to do fights in this arena and bring championship boxing to New York City, Mayweather said. We want to give you great shows again and again.Wherever the fight takes place, it will be a high-level bout between the divisions elite.I think this will be an exciting fight. Im going to give it my all, and hes going to give it his all, Jack said. This is a bigger fight than anything weve been a part of. Hes going to turn it up, and so will I. Now its me and DeGale. All the other fights are in the past. Weve had different results against the same fighters. But none of that matters. Its time to fight.DeGale sounded equally confident.I believe Im the best in the division and one of the best in the world, DeGale said. Ive been waiting for this fight for a long time, and Im ready to get in there. I think in the last three fights Ive shown everything. I havent been getting the respect that I deserve. Ive beaten everyone put in front of me. This is what I love to do.Me and Badou Jack are two different fighters. I think Im going to beat him wide on the scorecards or stop him.Jack (20-1-2, 12 KOs), 33, who is from Sweden but is based in Las Vegas -- where he trains at Mayweathers gym -- and Englands DeGale (23-1, 14 KOs), 30, will each be making a third title defense. DeGale has all of his fights away from home. He won a vacant title against Andre Dirrell in Boston and defended in Quebec City and Washington, D.C.Jack said he respects that.DeGale is definitely one of the top guys in the division. Hes a road warrior, he said. He comes over here and fights guys in their backyards. He deserves a lot of credit. Thats why this fight is so big. We both want to be great.Junior lightweight titleholder Jose Pedraza (22-0, 12 KOs), 27, of Puerto Rico, will defend his world title for the third time in the co-feature when he takes on Mayweather protégé Gervonta Davis (16-0, 15 KOs), a dynamic 22-year-old from Baltimore who is taking a big step up in competition.They were also on hand Wednesday to begin the hype for their fight.I know Pedraza is a great fighter. People will say he has more experience, but I had 206 wins in the amateurs and a lot of titles, Davis said. Theres nothing Pedraza can bring to the ring that I havent seen before. Ive been battle-tested inside the ring and outside the ring. Hes going to have to kill me to retain his title. Im coming home a champion. Theres no doubt about it.Pedraza, Puerto Ricos only reigning world titleholder, was also filled with confidence.Im going to be ready for anything that Davis will bring into the ring. Im going to take care of business, Pedraza said. If Davis says he has to be killed to be beaten, then hes going to have to go down. Im undefeated, and I will remain undefeated after Jan. 14. I know Davis is a strong kid, but he isnt on my level. I am looking to dominate this fight. David Price Jersey . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. Cheap Red Sox Jerseys China . He was followed closely by David Clarkson, donning red, seconds later. Clarksons actions one night earlier, leaping off the bench in defence of Kessel during a pre-season game against the Buffalo Sabres, will cost him the first 10 games of the regular season. http://www.cheapredsoxjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-rick-porcello-jersey .Y. - General manager Billy King says the Brooklyn Nets are looking to add a big man and confirmed the team worked out centre Jason Collins, who would become the first openly gay active NBA player if signed. Craig Kimbrel Jersey .S. Open champion Justin Rose birdied the first hole with a blind shot he hit to a foot of the pin, and he stayed in front Tuesday until he completed a 4-under 67 for a two-shot lead over Jason Dufner in PGA Grand Slam of Golf. Pedro Martinez Jersey .J. -- Seven games into a disappointing season, New York Giants defensive catalyst Jason Pierre-Paul is getting the feeling hes back. Now that the Golden State Warriors have landed Kevin Durant, how will he fit in with their current core? Are multiple titles on the way?And whats next for the Oklahoma City Thunder?Our Insidders debate the future after KDs big decision.dddddddddddd Black China NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China NFL Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen