Big Ten standings, however, theyre in this or

in Allgemein 21.10.2018 11:22
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

In a year that already has proved to be massive for the UFC, with one major card after another, UFC 205 on Saturday at Madison Square Garden in New York looks to be the biggest and most important of them all. In honor of such a marquee event, ESPN.com is providing dedicated previews to all 13 bouts on the card, breaking down whats at stake and projecting who will win, along with quotes and statistics for each fighter.Strawweight championship: Joanna Jedrzejczyk (12-0) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz (10-0)Odds as of Nov. 5: Jedrzejczyk -370; Kowalkiewicz +310Dana Whites thoughtsJoanna wanted Karolina to fight in the UFC. She told me, Karolina will do very well and end up getting to me. And I want to beat her. Apparently, Karolina is really big in Poland too. Joanna wants to prove to Poland shes the undisputed best 115-pounder in the world. Were promoting this big in Poland through our television partners; and here in the States, every Polish bar we could find, we send them information about the fight. We did the same thing with Irish bars when Conor McGregor was coming up. This is the second megacard Joanna has been on; she was on the Australian card last year with Ronda Rousey.?It takes time to build yourself into a star, but shes so nasty, shes exactly what fight fans like. Shes a gangster.Whats at stake?Jedrzejczyk willing to fix things even if theyre not brokenSince her most recent fight in July, Jedrzejczyk has made moves usually reserved for a fighter coming off a devastating loss -- not a successful title defense.Jedrzejczyk recently uprooted her life and moved to south Florida to train with American Top Team, even though she has done nothing but dominate since joining the UFC in 2014. She also parted ways (from a business standpoint) with her former management.The Polish champion said the moves were necessary in order to further her career. Even at the top, theres always room for growth -- and that mindset has made it difficult for the rest of the strawweight division to catch up.My dream is to retire as an undefeated champion, Jedrzejczyk said. Sometimes you need change to do that. Im not longer just a muay Thai fighter. I want to be the champion of every level: striking, wrestling, grappling.Of course, so many people told me I shouldnt change anything. Why change whats working? But sometimes people are afraid of change. Change is difficult, but it always leads to victory. This is what I expect.Jedrzejczyk has already cleaned out many of her greatest challenges at 115 pounds, and she is hopeful the UFC will add a 125-pound division before her career ends. One or two more fights at strawweight, then a 125-pound flyweight title would be ideal.And although there is still plenty to play out in that scenario, Jedrzejczyk isnt immune to thoughts of leaving her legacy at that and walking away from the sport. The level of dedication it requires to be perfect in this sport is exhausting, and she admits a few more conquests, plus a bigger profile in the U.S., might be enough to close this chapter of her life.Im not going to fight for such a long time, Jedrzejczyk said. Maybe I will do three or four more fights and retire. Maybe after two fights, I will say, OK, its enough. I could be happy. I did my job.I have a dream for the rest of my life. I want to be a good mother. I want to marry my fiancé, maybe next year. I want to have a baby. Im 100 percent in everything I do in my life. If I am going to be a mom, Im going to be a perfect mom. I want to open a small business in the future, just for myself. People see me as a UFC champion right now; what they havent seen is how hard I was working for 10 years to get where Im at right now.Jedrzejczyk is currently living away from her fiancé of 18 months, as he remained in Poland during her fight camp. She said shes looking forward to a three-day Polish wedding, for which her sponsor, Reebok, has already discussed providing 300 pairs of custom sneakers for guests.Opportunity for title, Poland and redemption in one night for KowalkiewiczDuring a 45-minute media call to promote UFC 205 last week, Kowalkiewicz answered a grand total of one question.She was actually asked another, but her line dropped and Jedrzejczyk took that opportunity to answer for her.I can answer for [Kowalkiewicz], Jedrzejczyk said. I am very happy, I am very happy -- but Joanna is better.It was a clever line by the UFCs dominant champion, but it also somewhat painted the narrative of this fight. Kowalkiewicz earned the title shot by upsetting the talented Rose Namajunas in July, but very few expect her to pull off anything similar at UFC 205.Kowalkiewicz has actually suffered a prior loss to Jedrzejczyk. The two met during their respective amateur careers in 2012, with Jedrzejczyk claiming a submission win. Kowalkiewicz has said everything has changed since that first fight.I am ready for this fight, I work for this, Kowalkiewicz said. I can do it. My dreams come true. Joanna is the best in the world, and I want to fight with the best.Key statsJedrzejczyk: 12-0 record (6-0 UFC); fourth defense of UFC womens strawweight titleJedrzejczyk: Outlanded opponents 575-195 in significant strikes in UFC title fightsKowalkiewicz: 10-0 record (3-0 UFC); past five wins have come by decisionKowalkiewicz: +95 significant strike defense in UFC fightsBreakdownDeclaring a champion unbeatable in this sport is very, very foolish -- but Im gonna do it anyway. Jedrzejczyk is currently unbeatable at 115 pounds.Kowalkiewicz deserves all the credit in the world for upsetting Namajunas in June. But that fight seemed to further illustrate the gap between Jedrzejczyk and her opposition -- not suggest Kowalkiewicz had closed it.Jedrzejczyk continues to drop less-than subtle hints that she might look to take this fight to the ground. She has repeatedly mentioned fans seeing a new Joanna in this bout. The fact remains that old Joanna should be more than enough to record her fourth defense. Kowalkiewicz can be very, very efficient with her knees in the clinch, which could zap the energy of a Jedrzejczyk (who cuts a good amount of weight to fight at 115), but Jedrzejczyks offensive firepower still wins out.Prediction:?Jedrzejczyk by decision.You make the call: http://www.ravensrookiestore.com/Ravens-Morgan-Cox-Jersey/ .com) - Following a late-game loss to the reigning NBA champs, the Toronto Raptors will look to sustain their recent high-level play as they travel to Indiana to take on the Pacers. http://www.ravensrookiestore.com/Ravens-Javorius-Allen-Jersey/ . "Hes going to have hip surgery on Jan. 7, and hell be expected to rehabilitate for four to six months beyond that," Canucks general manager Mike Gillis said Friday in an interview. http://www.ravensrookiestore.com/ . While hell be dialed in to that tournament on a course he loves, you can forgive him if his eyes glance down the calendar just a bit, towards April. http://www.ravensrookiestore.com/Ravens-Chris-Wormley-Jersey/ . Durant finished with 24 points and 13 rebounds, Jackson matched his career high with 23 points on 10-of-14 shooting and Lamb scored 12 points on 5-of-7 shooting, lifting the Thunder to a 94-88 win over San Antonio and snapping the Spurs 11-game winning streak. http://www.ravensrookiestore.com/Ravens-Danny-Woodhead-Jersey/ . Kozun faked to the forehand and beat Monsters starter, Calvin Pickard, pad side in the second round for the winner. Spencer Abbott also scored in the shootout for the Marlies (25-13-4). Just a dozen days remain before the NCAA tournament selection, and the Pac-12 still remains a puzzle with too many pieces not yet in place to know exactly what the picture is. Lets take a look at that and the rest of the country as we edge closer to tournament time.Oregon remains in the huntThere are still five teams that mathematically could win or share the Pac-12 conference title. Among them is Oregon, which has a big weekend ahead in Los Angeles.On Friday, the Ducks are at UCLA, and Saturday they face USC. The Bruins are tied with Washington atop the league at 12-4, although theyll play Oregon State first this week, on Wednesday.Oregon is 18-7 overall and tied for third with Stanford at 11-5 in the Pac-12, with Utah in fifth at 10-6. The Ducks lead the league in hitting percentage (.274) and assists per set (13.57), with sophomore outside hitter Lindsey Vander Weide among the conference leaders with 316 kills thus far.Oregon made it to the national championship match back in 2012, when the Ducks fell to Texas. In the past three years, theyve lost in the NCAA second round (2013), the Sweet 16 (2014) and the first round (2015).The Ducks started this season hosting the VERT Challenge, where they fell 3-1 to both Texas and Florida. When Oregon hosted UCLA and USC in mid-October, the Ducks lost both matches, and it seemed their odds of even contending for the Pac-12 title were slim.But theyve won six of eight since, and theyre 7-0 this season on the road. Which is where theyll play their last four regular-season matches.Texas tumbles on road againThe Longhorns have found the trip to Ames, Iowa, treacherous before, and it got them again last week. Texas fell 3-2 at Iowa State on Saturday. The Cyclones took the fifth set 15-11, securing that with a 6-1 run.That dropped Texas to 11-2 in the Big 12, which means Kansas moves into the drivers seat in the conference at 12-1. The Jayhawks beat Texas 3-2 on Oct. 29 in Lawrence, Kansas, and they finish the regular season at West Virginia (Wednesday), at home against Iowa State (Saturday) and at Baylor (Nov. 26).Texas will close the season with three matches at home -- vs. Texas Tech (Wednesday), Kansas State (Saturday), and West Virginia (Nov. 26).In last weeks NCAA top-10 reveal, the Longhorns were No. 4 and Kansas was No. 6. Though they spplit their meetings, Texas has an overall better strength of schedule.dddddddddddd But well have to see how the teams are evaluated for real if the Jayhawks are the outright winners of the league.No surprise at 1-2-3The NCAA had Nebraska, Minnesota and Wisconsin as its top three teams. In the Big Ten standings, however, theyre in this order: Nebraska (15-1), Wisconsin (14-2) and Minnesota (13-3). But there remain three real blockbuster matches in the Big Ten. Two of them involve Nebraska: The Huskers are host to seven-time NCAA champ Penn State (Wednesday) and then play at Minnesota (Nov. 23). The Huskers finish their season at home against Michigan (Nov. 26). The Wolverines are tough, too, sitting in sixth place in the Big Ten at 10-6.The Huskers and Nittany Lions went five sets on Nov. 4 at Penn State, with Nebraska winning 15-11 in the finale. Nebraska also beat Minnesota 3-2 on Oct. 23; that final set was 15-8.And then its only fitting that Wisconsin and Minnesota get another shot at each other. They meet Nov. 26 in Minneapolis.Buckeyes move into rankingsThe final four is in Columbus, Ohio, and admittedly its a long shot that the hometown team will be there. But Ohio State is now ranked No. 24 in the American Volleyball Association Coaches poll after the Buckeyes prevailed 3-2 over Penn State this past Saturday.Ohio State is 17-11 overall and 7-9 in the Big Ten. Having a losing record in conference play doesnt preclude an NCAA berth in a league as strong as the Big Ten. That said, the Buckeyes would like to secure their postseason position over the next two weeks. They play Friday at Northwestern -- which put a scare into Wisconsin last week before falling 3-2 -- and Saturday at Illinois.SEC showdownMissouri was upset by South Carolina last week, which means Florida is now alone in first place in the SEC at 14-1. Then Kentucky is 13-2, with Missouri and Texas A&M at 12-2.Whats the biggest obstacle between the Gators and the SEC title? Missouri, which is host to Florida on Sunday and will be trying to atone for slipping up against the Gamecocks. The Gators are unbeaten on the road in SEC play this year. Also on Sunday, Kentucky is host to Texas A&M. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen