t hold back when hes asked about the Englan

in Allgemein 17.01.2019 11:30
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

Australia 85 and 2 for 121 (Khawaja 56*) trail South Africa 326 (De Kock 104, Bavuma 74, Hazlewood 6-89, Starc 3-79) by 120 runsScorecard and ball-by-ball detailsOn the first day, this Test was on some sort of stimulant. On the second day, it swallowed a sedative. And on the third day, it took a mood-stabiliser, as a degree normality resumed. There was neither the chaos of Saturdays 15 wickets, nor the dreariness of Sundays wash-out, but rather something in between: seven wickets, a couple of rain delays, a Quinton de Kock century, and a fightback of sorts from Australias batsmen. But still South Africa remained in control.The situation at stumps was this: Australia had reached 2 for 121 in their second innings, with Usman Khawaja on 56 and Steven Smith on 18. David Warner had made 45 and Joe Burns a duck, and each would consider themselves unfortunate in their modes of dismissal. South Africas fast men asked searching questions of Australias top-order batsmen, who at last had a few answers. But they were still a long way from climbing out of the hole they dug on day one.At the close of play Australia still needed 120 more runs to make South Africa bat again. That will be their first goal on day four. Only then can they consider building a target, and thus have any hope of salvaging a positive result from the Test. And although South Africa showed hints of frustration late on day three, as Vernon Philander convinced Faf du Plessis to chance a couple of fruitless reviews, there remained plenty in the pitch for Philander and his colleagues.After South Africa had been dismissed for 326, with a lead of 241 runs, Australias second innings started miserably as Burns fell for a duck in the first over when he tickled an attempted leg-glance off a wide Kyle Abbott delivery through to de Kock. It creates a precarious position for Burns, who was dropped in Sri Lanka, recalled for this Test to replace the injured Shaun Marsh, and will fly out of Hobart with 1 and 0 to his name.Warner and Khawaja were watchful during a 79-run partnership, though they were often tested by Philander, Abbott and Kagiso Rabada. Balls seamed and swung, whizzed past edges or narrowly missed the stumps. But for 21 overs the pair survived, even when Warners edge off Abbott flew towards third slip, where Dean Elgar ducked under the flying ball, perhaps having lost sight of it, to the astonishment of the rest of the cordon.Abbott eventually had his man when Warner was tucked up by a shortish delivery at his ribs, and tried to work it behind square on the leg side. The ball bounced off Warners hip and then ricocheted off his elbow and back into the stumps. But if Warner felt he was unlucky, Abbott had at least had reward for South Africas plan to tuck Warner up in that region.Khawaja, who was particularly strong through the cover and point regions, brought up his half-century from his 91st delivery and for the first time in the match, an Australian had reason to raise his bat. There had been a nervous moment early in Khawajas innings when Warner pushed to point and took off for a single, and Khawaja gave up on making his ground as Temba Bavuma threw - and missed.Earlier, Josh Hazlewood had completed the second six-wicket haul of his Test career as South Africa were bowled out for 326 shortly after lunch. De Kock and Bavuma were the key batsmen on the third day, compiling a 144-run sixth-wicket stand that added to Australias frustration after the entire second day was lost to Hobarts rain.South Africa started the morning five down and added a further 117 runs to their total in the first session for the loss only of de Kock. And even that took until the fourth-last over before lunch, when on 104 de Kock played a tired-looking drive against Hazlewood and missed a ball that moved back in, and was bowled.Already de Kock had done more than enough damage. His fifth consecutive Test innings of fifty or more placed him in elite company: only Hashim Amla, Alan Melville, Hansie Cronje and Jacques Kallis (three times) among South Africans had achieved that feat before. He brought up his century from his 139th delivery with a single worked through square leg, and he was strong through the leg side right throughout his innings.De Kocks poise during this series has been notable, as has Bavumas patience and ability to halt any momentum Australias bowlers might have thought they were getting. Here, Bavuma occupied the crease for 204 deliveries, more than the 197 balls that comprised Australias entire first innings. Bavuma was calm at the crease and struck eight fours on his way to 74, before extra bounce and a leading edge to the off side belatedly gave Joe Mennie his maiden Test wicket.Once Bavuma departed the end came relatively quickly. Hazlewood had Keshav Maharaj bowled for 1, Abbott lbw for 3, and then finished the innings with Philander caught behind for 32. South Africa had been dismissed for 326, a total that might not hint at domination of the match. But the story of this game was Australias 85 on the first day, and an enormous task remained ahead of them to undo the damage caused by that collapse. Cheap Air Jordan 11 From China . "It was nerve-wracking, but we pulled through," said Collaros, who threw four touchdown passes to lead the Toronto Argonauts (8-4) to a 33-27 win over the Calgary Stampeders (9-3) in front of 28,781 fans at McMahon Stadium. Wholesale Cheap Jordan 11 . The Olympic champion curler and TSN curling analyst immediately went online to look at the Halls long list of honoured members. Thats when the enormity of the honour sunk in. http://www.airjordan11wholesale.com/ . -- Ryan Blaney provided more evidence that Penske Racings No. Jordan 11 Cheap For Sale .C. -- Kemba Walker and the Charlotte Bobcats got off to a fast start, and the Sacramento Kings were never quite able to catch up. Air Jordan 11 Wholesale . "I wrote 36 on my sheet at the beginning of the game," the Cincinnati coach said, referring the yard line the ball would need to be snapped from.Midfielder Eric Dier thinks the England team need to enjoy their work if they are to have success and that Tuesdays draw with Spain was a step in the right direction. England have endured a tumultuous year, losing to Iceland at Euro 2016 and then seeing newly-installed manager Sam Allardyce depart after just one game at the helm.But there have been signs of promise under interim boss Gareth Southgate and the Three Lions powered into a 2-0 lead against Spain, before they were pegged back late on. Six months half price Upgrade to Sky Sports to watch Man Utd v Arsenal on Saturday and get the first six months half price And Dier said: I thought it was good fun apart from conceding at the end.I think thats what we as players for England, and the fans, need to do - we need to enjoy it a bit more instead of always worrying, and thats what we did.Southgate appears to be in pole position to take charge of England on a permanent basis and Dier says the team could thrive if the former Middlesbrough boss stays on.I dont care what the result is, I want us to have a style of play and a way of playing that we stick to, the Tottenham man added. New QPR manager Ian Holloway doesnt hold back when hes asked about the England managers job Win, lose or draw Ill be happy, as long as we stick to a way of playing and believe in it 100 per cent.Gareth is the same way, I dont think anything should change for him. Its important that people dont change and stick to their beliefs.I think thats what weve been doing over these fourr games now and you could see it [against Spain] better than in the other three.ddddddddddddWe had a way, we stuck to it, and we got our rewards up until the end.I think at times you can be half-hearted. You play out [from the back] and then you lose the ball playing out so you want to go long. You go long and its why didnt you play out?. Adrian Bevington believes Gareth Southgate has earned the right to be made national team manager on a permanent basis You either do it or you dont, for me, with or without the ball. I think weve been getting better at that.Burnley goalkeeper Tom Heaton came on for the second half against Spain to win his second cap and, while disappointed to concede late goals, he agrees with Dier that there were positives to take.It was obviously a sickener and theres no getting away from that, he said. Football can do that to you at times and its tough to takeBut, once the dust settles and we look back on it, I think therell be a lot of good stuff to take out.We shouldnt get away from the positives, having played some good stuff and contained things really well.Theres things to work on and look at but were pleased with aspects of the performances.Personally I enjoyed it out there, I felt great. Obviously it was a little bit more than the six minutes last time [on his debut]. Ive wanted to get some more time on the pitch and thankfully Ive had that.Upgrade to Sky Sports now to watch Man Utd v Arsenal this Saturday and get the first six months half price! Also See: Southgate a strong candidate Holloway: FA lacking in class Rooney issues apology Bevington backing Southgate China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen