settled down to get an out and Rodrig

in Allgemein 21.01.2019 12:08
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Bob Myers is encouraged by Golden State coach Steve Kerrs offseason progress with debilitating, post-surgery back problems that last year sidelined him for the preseason and the first 43 games of the Warriors record-setting season.That included an NBA-best 24-0 start.Myers, who this week had the title of president of basketball operations added to his general manager position, said the reigning NBA Coach of the Year is ready to go and isnt expecting Kerr to need a prolonged leave of absence -- or any time away from the team at all for that matter. Kerr has dealt with excruciating headaches, nausea and regular pain following complications from two back surgeries last year. He often wore a neck patch during the postseason.Kerr turns 51 next Tuesday on the first day of practice.Im confident hes in a much better place than this day last year because he couldnt even coach in the preseason, Myers said Thursday. He came around when he could but that possibilitys been removed. And I see him every day and interact with him. He is in a better place and hopefully he is in a perfect place at some point. I think hes working toward that but I have no doubt that hes ready for camp and ready to go for the season. Last year, he wasnt, he just wasnt ready. It wasnt really a possibility. This year, hes absolutely doing it, so thats a good improvement. He is trending in the right direction.The last thing Kerr wanted to talk about this week as he gears up for the start of training camp was himself. Bring on Kevin Durant to join two-time reigning MVP Stephen Curry, Draymond Green and Klay Thompson. Kerr knows how challenging it will be to mesh the egos and talent of a team with so many capable scorers, and he cant wait to try to make it work.Myers is realistic that this group will need time to come together, unlike the Warriors a year ago at this time that Kerr called basically a finished product and we were the same team that won the title.I do not see us being 24-0, Myers said, and its completely fine.Having Kerr healthy to lead the way will be important. Top assistant and now-Lakers head coach Luke Walton stepped in during Kerrs absence last year to be interim coach, but Myers isnt even thinking along those lines of Kerr needing a break this time around.Both basketball men are eager to get going and see Durant in action with the Warriors.I just want to watch him play. I want to watch him play basketball and wear our uniform, Myers said. The hope is were going to look our worst on Tuesday. If youre watching practice, I hope that its the worst it is, and if you come to a playoff game, youre seeing an entirely different product. Thats our coaching staff, thats Steve Kerrs brilliance and the people hes hired to really shape and mold this team.Golden State officials plan to invite Bay Area civic leaders to team headquarters for a panel discussion and educational opportunity for the players and organization when it comes to sensitive issues such as race relations and police shootings that Kerr denounced Wednesday . The idea is something Myers said was already in the works before a league-wide memo sent Wednesday night encouraging the idea.We have two choices: We can try or not try, Myers said. Were going to try. Theres a level of understanding, theres a level of responsibility among our players and maturity. A lot of them were already aware and engaged in this topic before this. ... Were just trying to do our little part. Green Ultra Boost 2018 . The 20-year-old Pelicans big man glanced up and smiled widely at the well-wishers -- a fitting end to a day he wont soon forget. Davis responded to his selection earlier in the day as a Western Conference All-Star with 26 points and 10 rebounds, and the New Orleans Pelicans overcame a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit to defeat the Minnesota Timberwolves 98-91 on Friday night. Ultra Boost 2018 Discount . PETERSBURG, Fla. http://www.cheapultraboostsale.com/ Cheap Ultra Boost 2018 China .C. -- Chris Thorburn thinks one of the reasons the Winnipeg Jets have been successful under new coach Paul Maurice is that theyre playing together as a team. White Ultra Boost 2018 . The 29-year-old Baines has established himself as one of the top attacking full backs in the country and was the subject of two bids from United during the last off-season. Everton manager Roberto Martinez says that keeping Baines at the club is a "massive boost and exciting for the future" because he brings "maturity and football knowledge in a very specialized position on the pitch" and an "infectious and positive influence to the rest of the squad. BOSTON -- Drew Pomeranz felt a lot more comfortable in his second start for the Red Sox. It just wasnt enough for him to earn his first victory in a Boston uniform.Jose Iglesias hit a two-run homer in the sixth inning, Justin Verlander pitched six solid innings and the Detroit Tigers beat the Red Sox 4-2 on Monday night to spoil Pomeranzs second start at Fenway.Pomeranz (8-8), recently acquired from the San Diego Padres, gave up four hits and struck out seven in six innings. Both of the runs he allowed came via Iglesias homer.I had a good curveball tonight. I was locating my fastball a lot better, Pomeranz said. I was in a lot better counts all night. I really made one bad pitch.Boston failed to homer Monday, ending a streak of 15 straight games with at least one. The Red Sox have lost three of their last four and fell to 11-12 this season against AL Central teams.Theyve also now gone 21-21 this season in games decided by two or fewer runs.Victor Martinez and James McCann also drove in runs for the Tigers. Detroit pulled within 5 1/2 games of idle AL Central-leading Cleveland.Verlander (10-6) allowed one run and five hits and struck out five to pick up the victory. He is 3-0 in his last five starts.Francisco Rodriguez earned his 28th save.Pomeranz entered Mondays start looking to bounce back from his dismal Boston debut last week against San Francisco, in which he gave up five runs in just three innings.He was cruising through five innings Monday, allowing just two hits. That changed in the sixth when Iglesias crushed Pomeranzs fastball high over the Green Monster in left for a two-run homer to put the Tigers up 2-1.Iglesias scored his second run of the game in the eighth, trotting across home plate on Martinezs single off reliever Clay Buchholz to make it 4-1.Boston loaded the bases on three straight singles off Justtin Wilson to begin its half of the eighth.ddddddddddddA single by Sandy Leon pulled the Red Sox within 4-2, but Wilson settled down to get an out and Rodriguez came on to help end the rally.We just didnt cash in on the opportunities we created tonight, manager John Farrell said.Bostons hitters had several long at-bats against Verlander, pushing his pitch count above 40 through just two innings. In the second, Travis Shaw lined a double into the right-field corner, scoring Jackie Bradley Jr.Despite the loss, Pomeranz said he feels good about how hes progressed over his first two starts since the trade.It was nice to get back in that five-day routine and get on a schedule somewhere and kind of fall back into what Ive been doing all year, he said. Just kind of learning how to approach it in a different league and the scouting reports and everything. I think we settled with them pretty good in between starts.TRAINERS ROOMRed Sox: CF Mookie Betts returned to the lineup Monday after missing a pair of games with right knee soreness. ... Manager John Farrell said RHP Craig Kimbrel (left knee surgery) is progressing well and looked good in a short bullpen session. He could make a rehab start as soon as this weekend.UP NEXTTigers: RHP Mike Pelfrey (3-9, 4.78 ERA) is coming off a victory at Chicago last week, in which he allowed the White Sox just one run in 5 1/3 innings. Pelfrey hasnt allowed a home run his last eight road starts, spanning 45 1/3 innings.Red Sox: RHP Steven Wright (12-5, 2.67) has won his last four starts. His lone appearance against Detroit was last July, when he allowed four runs over 4 1/3 innings in a loss.---Follow Kyle Hightower on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/khightower China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen