e athletic directors from both scho

in Allgemein 26.01.2019 10:55
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

BRASILIA, Brazil -- Hope Solo didnt hold back in her criticism of the Swedish team that eliminated the United States from the Olympic womens soccer tournament in a penalty shootout Friday.I thought that we played a courageous game, Solo said. I thought that we had many opportunities on goal. I think we showed a lot of heart. We came back from a goal down; Im very proud of this team.I also think we played a bunch of cowards. But, you know, the best team did not win today; I strongly, firmly believe that. I think you saw Americas heart. You saw us give everything that we had today. Unfortunately the better team didnt win.As expected, the Swedish team that had finished third in its group during the tournaments initial phase adopted a defensive strategy against the United States, which had won its group.The United States dominated possession and finished with 27 shots, but Sweden scored on a counterattack in regulation -- one of only two shots on goal it had in the game.After playing to a 1-1 stalemate over 120 minutes, Sweden edged the U.S. 4-3 in the shootout.Asked to elaborate on what she meant by cowards, Solo referenced Pia Sundhage, the Swedish coach who formerly coached the United States and won two Olympic gold medals.Sweden dropped off, didnt want to open play, Solo said. They didnt want to pass the ball around. They didnt want to play great soccer, entertaining soccer. It was a combative game, a physical game. Exactly what they wanted and exactly what their game plan was. They dropped into a 50. They didnt try and press, they didnt want to open the game and they tried to counter with long balls. We had that style of play when Pia was our coach.I dont think theyre going to make it far in the tournament. I think it was very cowardly. But they won. Theyre moving on, and were going home.Told of Solos criticism and asked whether she felt her strategy was justified, Sundhage said only that she was content with it, and she did not address Solo specifically.Sundhage also said,?Its OK to be a coward if you win.Solo later took to Twitter, saying, Losing sucks. Im really bad at it.International Olympic Committeee spokesman Mark Adams described Solos outburst as disappointing on Saturday, adding that?people are free to say those things. We wouldnt stop their right to express themselves, within boundaries, obviously.Former USWNT star and current ESPN analyst Julie Foudy also questioned Solos comments.To call them cowards for playing a tactically smart game is ridiculous and classless and it really doesnt represent the house that we built in the U.S. team, she said. http://www.redskinsrookiestore.com/Redskins-Terrell-Mcclain-Jersey/ . Reassurance came from Paul Tesori, his caddie and close friend whose newborn son is in intensive care in a Florida hospital. "Paul sent me a text this morning, just told me he loved me and wanted to go out and fight as hard as I would any other day," Simpson said Sunday after doing just that. http://www.redskinsrookiestore.com/ . Burke is expected to miss two to three months after breaking a finger in the teams third preseason game. Tinsley, a 10-year veteran, spent the last two seasons in Utah, where the point guard averaged 3. http://www.redskinsrookiestore.com/Redskins-Dexter-Manley-Jersey/ . Laudrup revealed Thursday he was notified of his dismissal in "the briefest of letters which gave no reasons why such hasty and final action was deemed necessary. http://www.redskinsrookiestore.com/Redskins-Junior-Galette-Jersey/ . LOUIS -- Lance Lynn was one of the more enthusiastic participants as the St. http://www.redskinsrookiestore.com/Redskins-Tress-Way-Jersey/ . -- There were so many positives from the Orlando Magics first victory of the season that it was hard for coach Jacque Vaughn to stop praising his players. CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. -- Alejandro Bennifield threw for two touchdowns to Alphonso Stewart, rushed for another and Derrick Craine ran for 160 yards and a score in Chattanoogas 45-14 victory over Weber State on Saturday in a first-round FCS playoff game.The Mocs (9-3) will play at fifth-seeded Sam Houston State next Saturday.Bennifields 16-yard run, his 20-yard pass to Stewart and a 41-yard field goal by Henrique Ribeiro put the Mocs up 17-0 with Montrell Pardue returning a fumble 99 yards to make it 24-0 at halftime. The Mocs defense scored again on Trevor Wrights 41-yard interception return in the fourth quarter.ddddddddddddJadrian Clark was 20 of 38 for the Wildcats (7-5) for 210 yards, a touchdown and two interceptions. The Wildcats rushed for just 69 yards.During the week leading up to the game the two football programs raised money for the families affected by Mondays school bus crash in Chattanooga that killed six children and injured many more. More than $8,000 was raised with the athletic directors from both schools recognizing the effort during halftime. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen