nd 1,000-yard season, but he suffered a k

in Allgemein 26.01.2019 10:55
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

HOUSTON -- Will Fuller has avoided the slow start many rookie receivers endure and leads the Houston Texans and all first-year players with 323 yards receiving.The speedy Fuller has also pitched in on special teams, taking the first punt return of his career 67 yards for a touchdown last weekend to earn AFC special teams player of the week honors.And still coach Bill OBrien is looking for more from the 22-year-old as he heads into his fifth game on Sunday at Minnesota .Hes got a long way to go, OBrien said. I know that sounds crazy to you guys, but hes got a long way to go. I mean he can improve in so many different areas.Fullers speed has always been his best quality, and it was only talked about more after he ran a blazing 4.32 40-yard dash at the NFL combine. But entering the draft, some wondered if his other skills were good enough to succeed as an NFL receiver.The 21st overall pick in this years draft quickly allayed those fears, grabbing five receptions for 107 yards and a touchdown in Houstons opener to become the first first-round pick to have a 100-yard receiving game in his debut since 1984. In Week 2, he finished with four catches for 104 yards to become the first player drafted in the first round to start his career with consecutive 100-yard receiving games.Fuller has slowed down a bit in the past two weeks, with 31 and 81 yards receiving, respectively, but that hasnt stopped people around the league from taking notice.Vikings coach Mike Zimmer was asked about the challenges Fullers speed presents.Its nerve-wracking to say the least, he said. He is a big-play receiver and hes doing a great job.The soft-spoken Fuller hates talking about himself and simply wont discuss his early success.Im just moving on, he said. We still have a long season so (theres) a lot of room for me to improve. So Im not going to just dwell on something that happened last week.Quarterback Brock Osweiler isnt surprised that Fuller is off to a great start.Will has done such a great job through the first four games because of his work ethic, Osweiler said. A lot of players leave during the summer, and he stayed here. I think that says a lot about him. I think it says a lot about him as a person.Fuller believes that building a good relationship with Osweiler has been the most important factor in how his season has gone so far.Getting on the same page as your quarterback is a big thing, he said. He has to trust you for anything to start.Fuller is a meticulous student of the game, and OBrien said he often sees Fuller jotting down notes during meetings when hes being given tips or criticism.Hes a very bright guy, very hard working guy, he said. Really understands football. Hes an instinctive player. Hes done a good job of taking care of his body ... I think the college program that he comes from, Notre Dame, trained him very well in how to practice and how to do things off the field.Fuller doesnt understand why his note-taking is a subject of conversation and shrugged his shoulders when asked about why he does it.It just helps me remember stuff, he said. When I get a tip or something, I just want to write it down so I dont forget about it.Fuller and teammate and Pro Bowl receiver DeAndre Hopkins will be challenged this week in facing a Minnesota defense that limited Odell Beckham to three receptions for a career-low 23 yards in a win over the Giants last weekend.---Online: AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Justin Jones Jersey . Its sharpness matched my mind. This was no night to go to sleep. Desmond King Jersey . The Clippers were angry about blowing a big lead; the Kings didnt like being in that kind of hole and nearly digging themselves out only to lose. http://www.chargersauthenticshop.com/Chargers-Travis-Benjamin-Draft-Jersey/ . - After leading the Saints to a fourth playoff appearance in five seasons, Drew Brees expressed confidence in the direction of his team and, perhaps more importantly, showed a willingness to listen to contract proposals if the team needs his help getting under the NFLs salary cap. Jahleel Addae Jersey . The Dutchmans tenure got off to a poor start when referee Guido Winkmann awarded a penalty within two minutes for Niklas Starks clumsy challenge on Alexandru Maxim. Keenan Allen Jersey . Detroit and Boston are deadlocked, 1-1, and Tigers manager Jim Leyland could be forgiven if he was caught rationalizing instead of dissecting how his club could blow a 5-1 lead late in Game 2. KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Chargers coach Mike McCoy acknowledged speculation that receiver Keenan Allen suffered an ACL tear in his right knee Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs, but said Allen will have further tests once the team gets back to San Diego.Allen is scheduled to undergo an MRI on Monday.Its hard, McCoy said. Keenan has worked so hard to get where he is. Give him a lot of credit for what hes done and how hard hes worked.Allen, 24, suffered the injury with just over two minutes left in the second quarter of the Chargers 33-27 overtime loss. His right knee appeared to buckle as he came out of a break and he fell to the ground. Teammates gave Allen a hug as he was carted off.He was pretty emotional, said tight end Antonio Gates, one of Allens closest friends on the team. I just told him that I love him and that hes my hero. I know how bad he wanted to play this year, due to the circumstances of what he had to deal witth last season.dddddddddddd.He did all of the necessary things this offseason. I watched him work during training camp. I pushed him to the max, and I expected him to be the best receiver in the NFL this year. Unfortunately, hes going to have to wait until next year.Allen was having a good day, with six catches for 63 yards on seven targets in the first half.They couldnt cover him, Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers said. And they knew they couldnt cover him. And then he goes down.Allen had 67 catches for 725 yards and four touchdown catches last season through eight games and was well on his way to his second 1,000-yard season, but he suffered a kidney laceration in the eighth game and missed the rest of the season.In June, Allen signed a four-year contract extension worth more than $44 million. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen