The Reds open their final homestand of the season."Fresh off what

in Bewerbungen 20.05.2019 03:18
von panxing18 • 180 Beiträge

would can only be categorized as a demoralizing series defeat at the hands of the Miami Marlins Jim Bunning Jersey , the Cincinnati Reds return home to begin their final homestand of the year on Tuesday. First up: the Kansas City Royals, owners of an ugly 54-102 on the season.That record, by the way, is one of the few that’s worse than both the Marlins and the Reds, sitting behind only the woeful Baltimore Orioles in the race for draft position next June. Baltimore, at a remarkably awful 45-111 on the season, already has the #1 spot locked up.The Reds will again send Matt Harvey to the mound on Tuesday, and honestly, I’m not even sure what to hope for this time around. On the one hand Jim Thome Jersey , I certainly want him to pitch well and for the Reds to succeed, as that’s simply a) enjoyable and b) kinda the entire point of this entire thing. That would also give me some additional confidence that the idea of signing him as a free agent this winter - and having held on to him without cashing in via trade on multiple occasions this summer - is more than just a half-brained idea. On the other hand, a bad outing from Harvey could raise his season ERA back over the 5.00 mark, and while that certainly wouldn’t inspire a ton of confidence that the Reds inevitable pursuit of him in free agency was a wise idea, it would potentially lower his leverage on asking price, I suppose.Who knows. This whole rebuild thing is pretty firmly in ‘who knows’ status at this juncture.Kansas City will send lefty Eric Skoglund to the mound opposite Harvey.First pitch is set for 6:40 PM ET.Cincinnati LineupKansas City Lineup It might, based on some early observations"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Diamondbacks Farm TeamsGameday ThreadsDiamondbacks NewsDiamondbacks Game ReportsFang FoodIs the new B1K turf being installed at Chase field going to “splash”? New,14commentsIt might, based on some early observationsESTShareTweetShareShareIs the new B1K turf being installed at Chase field going to “splash”? When it was announced herethat the Diamondbacks would be installing a new turf field at Chase Field http://www.philliesfanproshop.com/authentic-pat-neshek-jersey ,we were largely in the dark as to how it might actually look, feel, and play.After all it is a brand new surface, not yet installed in any MLB park.As reported by Zach Buchanan, the team did send some front office personnel to Auburn University where the turf had been installed, and also sent some players from Visalia to a park in California where the surface had been installed to field some ground balls. In the official release linked above, it states:On this past Wednesday I went out to Salt River Fields with the express intent to see players taking groundballs off the new surface. Unfortunately the infielders did not practice on the new surface. I wondered why. so went to go look for the surface, and I almost missed it. As I was walking by it I saw a field that had a lot of reddish brown dirt spots surrounding the center of the infield, all around the pitching mound. It’s hard to see it from the picture above. But at first glance it gave the appearance of a worn field.However I quickly realized this was indeed the new surface Odubel Herrera Jersey , as the tell tale seams are pretty clearly seen as well.As I walked onto the field, I began chatting with one of the security guys about the new surface. The very first thing he told me was he saw players taking groundballs off it and“The field splashes when the ball bounces”. At first I was thinking of a splash like you see on most turf fields with the black rubber bouncing up. But he said , no it looked like sand. So I went onto the field and picked out some of the infill to see what it looked like:Well that explains the reddish brown “staining” I saw surrounding the pitchers mound.The stuff is actually kind of crunchy in texture. As I said, I did not get to see the players taking groundballs myself and did not witness the alleged splashing.Nick Piecoro reported last night some feedback from the players and the only thing that was mentioned was that the field seems to play slower and less bouncy. That is somewhat expected.Chase field was always known as a hard and fast surface. This could result in fewer hits and slightly lower BABIP/Batting Avg. But no mention of the splashing in his article.If there is indeed significant splashing though, I have to think that could be a factor for the players to get used to. Might it turn into a home field advantage? That’s impossible to tell of course.But it was somewhat startling to me for the very first feedback I got on the surface was that it was splashing. Because it’s not supposed to. We’re probably not going to get a chance to see players on the new surface until the March 25th-26th exhibition games against the White Sox.So we’ll just have to wait and see if this is actually the case.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen