I have had the opportunity to cover Andy Reid

in Allgemein 03.06.2019 08:08
von panxing18 • 180 Beiträge

the last five seasons Kendall Fuller Jersey , which makes me feel especially blessed when I talk to some of my elder media colleagues in Kansas City. I fully understand by now that it was not always this fun.In covering Reid, among other things, I’ve realized he is a man of two creeds: realness and routine. When I say realness, what I mean is he not is a man of hypotheticals or projections. If a Chief plays extraordinarily well in one game, it means nothing for the next game. Inside the locker room, he expects his players to always be up front and forthcoming—earlier this season, we saw what can happen when you aren’t real with Reid.But let’s save creed one for another day. In this post, I want to quickly address the routine. I find that routine is a commonality among most NFL coaches, but Reid lives by the idea. I believe it’s because it keeps both him and his players grounded. Ask any Chiefs player last week what was different heading into the game against the Colts, and he would tell you that nothing was different. And that is by design. During off-weeks, like when a game is on Saturday Sammy Watkins Jersey , each day is considered a different day. Since the routine is built on a Sunday game, Tuesday is Wednesday, Wednesday is Thursday, and so on.The point is that Reid rarely strays from his norm. The last time I noticed him do so was in a post-game press conference earlier this season after the 54-51 loss to the Los Angeles Rams. Considering that he was coming out on the wrong side, Reid was much happier than usual. I figured he must have learned something about his team that night.It happened again on Saturday. Let’s head inside the Chiefs locker room, courtesy of the team’s excellent Twitter account: Reid entered the locker room and held up his hands, holding two fingers in the air. “Anybody know what that is?” he asked. “Two more, baby, two more. I’m proud of you, men, I’m proud of you.”In all my time covering Reid Anthony Hitchens Jersey , it has always been about one game, one day at a time. On a Thursday during training camp in St. Joseph, I made the mistake of asking Reid about putting pads on for the first time on the upcoming Saturday.Reid had a full day of non-padded practice to get through on Friday, and didn’t want to talk about what would happen on Saturday.I was served a non-answer for lunch. It tasted gross.Lesson learned.Back to Saturday and Reid’s opening press statement:I realize that shortly after his two-more press drop, he followed with the usual “one at a time here,” but the point is that it was already so far off Reid’s routine, it had to be intentional.On a day the Colts rode into Arrowhead Stadium pushing the idea of “1-0” and lost, Reid asked his team for two.Of course, I have a theory. If you thought the hype leading up to the Colts game was unlike any Chiefs game in recent memory, imagine the hype we’re about to experience leading up to the first-ever AFC title game at Arrowhead Stadium. It is going to feel like the Super Bowl.And that is why Reid is decided to get ahead of that false mindset.It is not the Super Bowl, and it shouldn’t be considered as such.Reid has been doing this head-coaching thing for 20 seasons Mitchell Schwartz Jersey , and in that span, he was a part of five NFC championship games. He went 1-4, and in the one he did win, in 2004, his Philadelphia Eagles lost the Super Bowl to the New England Patriots.Heading into the sixth time in his life he has made it this far, he did not walk into the locker room with initial words of congratulations.Instead, he provided a challenge.He is not satisfied, nor should the Chiefs be after the win against the Colts, nor should the Chiefs be if they win the AFC title next Sunday.Two more. After second and third opinions, the Chiefs safety has opted to skip offseason heel surgery altogether."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Kansas City Chiefs NewsOpen ThreadsFull ArchiveLibrary Community GuidelinesContact InformationOdds Shop About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub 鉁旹ric Berry won’t have offseason surgery, per Andy ReidNew Juan Thornhill Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys ,84commentsAfter second and third opinions, the Chiefs safety has opted to skip offseason heel surgery altogether.CSTShareTweetShareShareEric Berry won’t have offseason surgery, per Andy ReidMark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY SportsKansas City Chiefs safety Eric Berry is not planning on having offseason surgery to repair his right heel, per head coach Andy Reid at the NFL’s Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.Reid broke the news to a scrum of local reporters before his official combine press conference.Yahoo! Sports’ writer and friend of the site Terez Paylor tweeted some additional information. Berry was held out of practice and games from mid-August until mid-December of 2018 with what the Chiefs described as a “sore heel,” though reports, which have never been confirmed (nor denied) say Berry has what is called a “Haglund’s deformity.”Berry returned for two of the Chiefs final three regular-season games and the AFC title game against the New England Patriots. The Chiefs lost all three contestes.In a conference call last month, Chiefs general manager Brett Veach mentioned Berry was heading to Green Bay, where Dr. Anderson (from Paylor’s report) is located. “When the season ends, [the players are] going to get with (head athletic trainer) Rick (Burkholder) and there’s like so much medical information that they’re working through,” Veach said. “I think Eric was just in Green Bay a few days ago and is flying back. They’re going through all the postseason evaluations and exams. “Once they get to sit down and talk to Eric’s people and other first, second-opinion-type people Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys 2019 , they’ll put together a plan.”That plan appears to be rest, a strategy that clearly did not work for Berry in 2018.The outThere is an out for the Chiefs, per CBS Sports and Clayton Football cap expert Joel Corry.What this means is that as long as Berry could pass a physical by the third day of the 2019 league year (March 15), the 2019 salary guarantee is $2.95 million. If the Chiefs cut Berry with the post-June 1 designation, the 2019 dead money is $6.95 million ($9.55 million in 2019 cap savings) with $8 million worth of dead money for 2020.(Note: For reference, you may find Berry’s contract here, via OverTheCap.)There are no doubt tough decisions ahead. It will be Veach’s turn to speak to the media in Indianapolis on Thursday morning at 10 a.m.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen