."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections 2019 Sprin

in Allgemein 27.06.2019 04:44
von panxing18 • 180 Beiträge

With Opening Day 11 days away Noah Syndergaard Jersey , Dave Roberts delivered the most encouraging bit of news we’ve received on Corey Seager all springg TrainingProspectsCommentaryNews and NotesDodgers News & NotesCorey Seager will ‘absolutely’ play on Opening Day New,156commentsPDTShareTweetShareShareCorey Seager will ‘absolutely’ play on Opening Day Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY SportsGLENDALE — With Opening Day 11 days away, Dave Roberts delivered the most encouraging bit of news we’ve received on Corey Seager all spring. He initially began by saying Seager will travel with the team when they take on the Angels in the freeway series to cap off the spring. “I expect him to play those games, all three of them.” Roberts said. He then said he expects to see him out there on Opening Day. “Talking to the training staff, and Corey himself, just where he’s at, I think that we’ve been conservative, and I don’t see any reason why he won’t be ready.” Roberts said. This is fantastic news for Seager, who is recovering from Tommy-John surgery. There was large concern he wouldn’t be ready for Opening Day, let alone even appear in a Spring Training game.Today Seager is expected to take some at-bats http://www.metsfanproshop.com/authentic-tim-tebow-jersey , with him playing seven innings tomorrow in the field. Roberts says he expects him to rejoin the team sometime later this week. Kershaw updateClayton Kershaw threw another bullpen session today. He threw nearly 40 pitches, incorporating both fastballs and breaking stuff. Roberts said that if the bullpen session went well, Kershaw could be facing live hitters in a few days. “I think that he wants to be healthy,” Roberts said. “He’s willing to whatever it takes to get healthy. He’s in a really good place. I expect him to come out on the other side and help us win a lot of games this year.”Kershaw briefly met with reporters following his outing. He said he felt good, and that the next step for him is to throw to live hitters. He wouldn’t give an answer as to what is status is for Opening Day. Brad MillerOne of the position players battling for a spot on the 25-man roster will be super-utility man Brad Miller. After signing a minor-league contract with the Dodgers at the beginning of the month, Miller has had a very pleasant spring.Though in limited time, Miller has capitalized on his playing time. He’s currently hitting .313 with an OPS of .889. He also has a home run. “I like him,” Roberts said when asked about Miller. “I liked him even when he was a young player in Seattle. His energy. The strength, the athleticism. For our ball club it makes sense, because he can play anywhere on the diamond. I know for us to get a good look at him has done good things for both of us.”With limited roster spots available http://www.metsfanproshop.com/authentic-tim-tebow-jersey , it’s unlikely that Miller will start the season on the big-league club. “It’s tough. I think he understood that when he signed on. I think we’ve given him a nice opportunity. We’ll see how it plays out at the end.” Roberts said.Other notesMax Muncy took a full round of batting practice for the first time since injuring his wristDustin May and Tony Gonsolin might pitch in the freeway series versus the Angels next weekToday’s starting lineup: The Boston Red Sox are on the verge of advancing to their first World Series since 2013.However, securing the first spot in the 2018 Fall Classic won't be easy, as Boston sends David Price to the mound in Game 5 of the ALCS to oppose Houston's Justin Verlander.Thursday's Game 5 at Minute Maid Park comes a day after an epic Game 4, which ended on a remarkable diving catch in left field by Andrew Benintendi.On paper, Houston has the edge entering Game 5 because of Verlander's postseason success and Price's playoff struggles. But while both will have an impact on the game, it will be the hitters who once again make the biggest difference in the ALCS.ALCS Game 5 InformationStart Time:8:09 p.m. ETTV:TBSLive Stream:Watch TBSTicket Info: StubHub.Game 5 PickHoustonVerlander and the clutch hitters in the Houston lineup will be the reason the ALCS shifts back to Fenway Park for Game 6 on Saturday.The experienced ace of the Houston pitching staff found a way to silence the Boston bats in Game 1, as he gave up two earned runs in six innings.Even though the Red Sox scored at least seven runs in Games 2, 3 and 4, Verlander will put a stop to their success at the plate to give his team a chance to come from behind and win the series in Boston.In his career, Verlander's made six starts in Game 5 or later in the postseason. In those outings Jose Reyes Jersey , he's given up seven earned runs and held opposing lineups scoreless in three of those appearances.Omar Rawlings/Getty ImagesIn Game 6 of the 2017 ALCS, the 35-year-old was dominant, holding the New York Yankees to five hits over seven scoreless innings.Conversely, Price started three games in Game 5 or later in a postseason series, and he's given up three earned runs in each of his past two appearances late in a series.Overall, the left-hander has struggled to match his regular-season success in the playoffs, and his 4.2-inning outing in Game 2, during which he gave up four earned runs on five hits, was deemed a success compared to his previous horrendous starts.At the plate, George Springer and Carlos Correa will be the difference-makers for the Astrosust like they were in Game 4.Springer Jeurys Familia Jersey , who added three hits in Game 4 to his growing total of 39 postseason base knocks, wasn't affected by the move down to the No. 2 spot in the order behind Alex Bregman.Correa shifted down the No. 7 hole and produced three hits of his own, including a two-out RBI single in the fifth inning.Lynne Sladky/Associated PressThe Houston shortstop excels with runners in scoring position and two outs, as he has an average of .261 with 12 home runs and 81 RBI in that situation in his career.Price's inconsistency on the mound will allow the Houston hitters to reach base early in Game 5 to set up scoring opportunities for Springer and Correa, as well as Bregman at the top of the order.After Verlander tosses six or seven solid innings, he will hand the ball over to Ryan Pressly, Lance McCullers and Roberto Osuna. They will send the series back to Boston by continuing Verlander's dominance against the Boston bats.Follow Joe on Twitter, JTansey90.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen