Danny Farquhar took the mound in a game again.

in Allgemein 27.06.2019 04:57
von panxing18 • 180 Beiträge

BRADENTON http://www.marlinsfanproshop.com/authentic-starlin-castro-jersey , Fla. (AP) —That was more than enough on Saturday.Farquhar’s spring training appearance for the New York Yankees was his first game since the 32-year-old reliever collapsed in the Chicago White Sox dugout on April 20 because of a ruptured aneurysm and brain hemorrhage. The right-hander got one out and was charged with five runs in an 8-7 loss to the Pittsburgh Pirates.“I felt great out there,” Farquhar said. “I was happy to be back on the mound. Obviously, the results weren’t great but I call it a good day. I felt like a baseball player, again.”Farquhar allowed three hits and walked two while throwing 19 pitches in the fourth inning. He is in camp with the Yankees on a minor league deal.“The fact that he’s on the mound and gotten to this point is pretty awesome,” Yankees manager Aaron Boone said. “I found myself a little more emotional than I even thought. Even though it didn’t go great, I think he really appreciated how special it was for him to be back out on a mound.”Farquhar’s teammates moved to the top step of the third base dugout and clapped as he walked off the mound with his glove held in his right hand.“It felt like for better or for worse they had my back,” Farquhar said. “It was nice to have that support. I’ve never been high-fived so much giving up five runs in my career.”Farquhar’s wife, Lexie, and children Madison (7), Landon (3) and Liam (1) were among a dozen family members and friends at the game. Madison could be heard yelling “Daddy” from the stands.“I heard them from the beginning,” Farquhar said. “My mom, my daughter. They were screaming.”“I loved having my family here Wei-Yin Chen Jersey ,” Farquhar added. “It means the world to have them here and see them after. Just to see how my wife was feeling, how my kids loved me. They didn’t care how good or bad I did today. It brings life into perspective on what’s important.”Josh Bell started the inning with an opposite-field double off the wall in left. After Melky Cabrera lined out to right, a Kevin Kramer single was sandwiched between walks to Erik Gonzalez and Ke’Bryan Hayes.“I thought it was good for him to get back out there and get the adrenaline pumping again,” said Austin Romine, who caught Farquhar. “I think he’s going to move forward with that.”Farquhar’s day ended on first-pitch single by Steven Baron.He said the game sped up on him.“It was like, go, go, go fast,” Farquhar said. “It was hard to keep slow.”Farquhar had surgery the day after collapsing last year and was hospitalized nearly three weeks.“I can only imagine what he’s gone through and his family has gone through,” Romine said. “He’s a positive human being. I’ve got nothing but respect and admiration for what he’s done. It’s fun to see a guy fight all the way back and get that chance again.”Farquhar has pitched in 253 games over seven big league seasons, going 10-15 with a 3.39 ERA and 18 saves for Toronto (2011), Seattle (2013-15) Jeff Locke Jersey , Tampa Bay (2016-17) and the White Sox (2017-18). He was 1-1 with a 5.63 ERA in eight innings over eight games last year. A look at what’s happening around the majors today:BREAK OUT THE BROOMSThe surprising Rays go for their eighth straight victory when they try to become the first team to sweep Boston in a series this season. Tampa Bay is a season-high eight games over .500 at 69-61 and has allowed three or fewer runs in seven consecutive games. All-Star lefty Blake Snell (15-5, 2.07 ERA) pitches against former teammate Nathan Eovaldi (5-5) in the finale of the three-game set. “He really helped me with my work ethic and led by example,” said Snell, who is 2-0 with a 0.95 ERA in three starts against Boston this year. “He’s very special.”Eovaldi is 2-1 with a 2.89 ERA in five starts for the major league-leading Red Sox since being acquired from the Rays on July 25. Boston (90-41) has lost five of seven. “We’ve been good on getaway days and day games,” Red Sox manager Alex Cora said. “It would be a good day to put everything together, finish strong and turn the page in this stadium.”HOMER HAPPYKendrys Morales has homered in six consecutive games, tying Jose Cruz Jr. (2001) for the Blue Jays record, heading into their series finale against Philadelphia. Morales, with seven home runs during his streak, matched St. Louis first baseman Matt Carpenter for the longest run in the majors this season. The big league record of eight games in a row with a homer is shared by Dale Long, Don Mattingly and Ken Griffey Jr. The slumping Phillies have lost 17 of their past 21 meetings with Toronto, including six straight north of the border.NEW YORK BAGELSThe last time the Nationals faced Mets left-hander Steven Matz Cameron Maybin Jersey , they hammered him for seven runs in the first inning on the way to a 25-4 romp. Washington could have used some of those runs the last three games — all shutout losses. The Nationals will try to end their record skid of offensive futility at Citi Field. They haven’t scored since Ryan Zimmerman’s walk-off homer Wednesday night. Not since they were the Montreal Expos and were shut out in three straight by the Florida Marlins in 2004 — all three games were played in Puerto Rico — had the franchise been held down like this. The Expos moved to Washington the next season.THEN AND NOWInducted into the Hall of Fame last month, longtime Detroit shortstop Alan Trammell will have his No. 3 retired by the Tigers in a pregame ceremony. After that, touted rookie Michael Kopech takes the mound to make his second major league start for the Chicago White Sox.TRACK RECORDIn four games since he joined the Chicago Cubs in a trade with the Nationals, Daniel Murphy is 7 for 19 (.368) with two homers and five RBIs. He’ll try to go deep in a third straight game for the Cubs, who have 17 homers in their past 10 games. Success at Wrigley Field is nothing new for Murphy, who is batting .407 in 31 career regular-season games there — all but three of them before he joined the Cubs. Chicago is hoping Murphy can recapture the form of his postseason run with the Mets in 2015, when he went 9 for 17 (.529) with four homers in a four-game NLCS sweep of the Cubs.END OF THE ROADGiants catcher Buster Posey will undergo season-ending hip surgery Monday in Colorado, ending what has been a painful and frustrating year for the six-time All-Star. The 31-year-old Posey has been playing in pain and is hitting .284 with only 41 RBIs and five home runs — his fewest since 2011, the year before he won the NL MVP award. … Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said shortstop Troy Tulowitzki (bone spurs in both heels) will not play at all this season. Tulowitzki had surgery on both feet at the start of the regular season. The five-time All-Star hasn’t played since July 2017, when he seriously injured his right ankle in a collision at first base.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen