pointer by Ryan Welage with 18:30 to pla

in Allgemein 15.04.2018 12:20
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

Ric Flair has called himself the stylin, profilin, limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin n dealin son of a gun throughout much of his 40-plus year professional wrestling career.But he can probably add death cheating to that catchphrase.Two-time WWE Hall of Famer told the Dan Le Batard Show on ESPN Radio Thursday afternoon that he once survived getting hit by lightning.Flair said the incident occurred at an airport in Richmond, Virginia, back in the 1970s, where he was in town to have a match with Ricky Steamboat at the Richmond Coliseum.?I got off the plane and was walking, he said. I didnt go 10, 15 feet when all of a sudden I felt this pressure boom, and man, my umbrella shot 50 feet in the air.I thought, What the hell? Lightning hit the top of my umbrella, bounced off and hit the guy in the eye five feet behind me and killed him. Right there. I just stood there looking at the guy and froze, it scared me to death. People were running out the door to get the guy.Flair was then jokingly asked by Le Batard how he was was still alive.I dont know, Flair replied. Ive always wondered what kind of a lawsuit that was, because it was really a big deal, hence probably the steel tips coming off umbrellas at that point.Flair, 67, said that his body is in no pain despite the wear and tear of a career that saw him compete in just about every major U.S. promotion.Im blessed guys, all my friends are banged up, and Im having a good time, he added.But it was a trip to work for a Japanese wrestling promotion that Flair told Le Batard spawned the best drinking story of all time.Flair said he had been working in the Florida wrestling territory for a week in the 1980s, on barely six hours combined sleep for the entire stay, before he had to fly out from Tampa to Chicago, and then on to Tokyo.I started saying I wasnt gonna do it, because I had to land in Tokyo and wrestle three consecutive one-hour matches, Flair said. So all the way over, I drank bloody marys, booze, beer, everything, for thirteen-and-a-half hours.When I got there, and I had talked myself out of this, I could hear them calling me down in baggage claim. I said screw this. I walked over across to the next gate and said, Im going back to the States, whens your next flight? They said, Wheres your bags? I said, I dont care, Im just leaving them here. And then he boarded me, Tokyo to Seattle, Seattle to Chicago, then back to Charlotte.Well I was so flipped when I got down on the plane, I started drinking again. I was looking around for someone to talk to. I said, Hey, you mind if I talk to you? The guy said no. For eight hours we drank and talked. I got him hammered. I said, I think Im having a nervous breakdown. He said, I think maybe you are. And anyway, he sent me a Christmas card for five years making sure I was OK!I got all the way back to Charlotte -- and youre not gonna believe this -- I hadnt slept yet, right? And I got off the plane and there was my wife, and they said youve got to go all the way back. I had to go all the way back, Charlotte to Chicago to Tokyo, and wrestle an hour that day. I still made it back!But Flair, who has been divorced three times and separated from his fourth wife in 2012, credited his current fiancé Wendy Barlow with helping him put his party lifestyle behind him, saying the turbulence in his life has all been self-inflicted.Im not gonna lie to you. The worst thing ... wrestling was easy, its what I did to myself from 11 to 3 or 4 [a.m.] depending what city I was in, he said. But that was my coping mechanism. I just got exhausted.I found one that can put up with me, he added of his fiancé. Yes, Im very happy. I do get lonely. Im not a guy that will sit home and drink. I never drink when Im at home. I like the action. I like to be in the action, and a lot of women dont like that. Wendy, I call her two-drink Louie, but shell at least stay with me. And Ive gone from nightclubs to Carrabbas. A big night [for me now is] at Carrabbas. Wendy, can we stay til 9? San Diego Padres Jerseys . Its an influence in football and a big part of the game. Jered Weaver Jersey . -- The goal posts lying flat on the field, Arizonas fans lingered on the field, congregating around the locker room entrance nearly 30 minutes after rushing out of the stands. http://www.authenticpadresprostore.com/padres-brad-hand-jersey/ . How great will be revealed in the next couple of days at the board of governors meeting in Pebble Beach, Calif. Jhoulys Chacin Jersey .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. Ozzie Smith Jersey . With their top three point guards and Kobe Bryant all sidelined by injury, the Lakers signed Marshall out of the D-League on Friday before their home game against Minnesota. SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Gabe Taylor hit four 3-pointers and finished with a career-high 24 points, Alec Wintering had 20 points and 11 assists, and Portland pulled away for a 79-66 win over San Jose State on Tuesday night.Taylor tied a career best with nine rebounds and Jazz Johnson added 16 points for Portland (2-0).San Jose State (1-1) took a five-point lead on a 3-pointer by Ryan Welage with 18:30 to play, but didnt make another field goal for nearly 7 minutes as the Pilots used a 15-2 run to open up a 48-40 lead with 12:18 left and neverr trailed again.ddddddddddddTerrell Browns 3-pointer pulled the Spartans within three with 9 minutes remaining, but DMarques Tyson answered with a 3 and Wintering made a layup to make it 59-51 and San Jose State didnt threaten again.Brandon Clark scored a career-high 28 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to lead the Spartans.Portland shot 50 percent from the field, while SJSU made just 25 of 69 (36 percent) shots. Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping China NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys 2019 Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys From China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen