Floridas media day earlier this month.

in Allgemein 24.10.2019 13:45
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Its been three months since Oakland As rookie left-hander Sean Manaea faced the Seattle Mariners in his second career major league start. Try as he might, Manaea cant forget the 1-0 fastball he threw to Mariners slugger Nelson Cruz with a runner on base in the fifth inning.Cruz sent Manaeas pitch some 435 feet into the second deck in center field at the Oakland Coliseum. It was a monster shot that landed in an area that home runs rarely reach in Oakland.I gave up a bomb to Nelson Cruz, Manaea said. Its probably still going. I try to forget about those hits.Manaea will face the Mariners on Friday for the first time since that May 4 game. He gave up seven hits and four runs -- all in the fifth inning -- and got a no-decision in a 9-8 As loss. Manaea struck out six and walked one.And yes, hes looking forward to a rematch against Cruz and the Mariners.Hes pretty scary in the box, Manaea said. Hes huge. Theyre playing good baseball right now and were playing good baseball. So it will be a fun matchup.I know Im going to face him a lot more throughout my career. Its nice to get him again.Manaea is 3-7 with a 4.58 ERA overall, but hes gone 1/3 with a 3.12 ERA in eight games, including seven starts, since being activated from the disabled list June 29 after recovering from a strained left forearm.Manaea has allowed 16 home runs overall, including five over his past three starts and two in each of his previous two outings.The guys up here are really, really good and if you make a mistake theyre going to make you pay, Manaea said. Thats something Ive got to focus on in growing as a player is minimizing mistakes, try to focus on every pitch to make it the best I can.Cruz and Robinson Cano each hit solo home runs Wednesday when the Mariners defeated Detroit 3-1 to sweep the three-game series and win their sixth straight game. Cruz has 28 home runs, Cano 25 and Kyle Seager 21. Theyll come into Fridays series opener against Oakland well rested after an off day.A lot of things are starting to come together, Mariners manager Scott Servais said after Wednesdays win. Whether its our bullpen jibing -- the pieces are starting to come together there -- the offense, the timely hitting, just the belief in our team.And, of course, the power. The Mariners have hit 159 home runs, third most in the major leagues.The Mariners are expected to send rookie left-hander Ariel Miranda to the mound for his second major league start. Thats unless they have a change of plans after using Miranda for an inning of relief on Tuesday in their 6-5, 15-inning victory against Detroit on Tuesday.Seattle acquired Miranda from Baltimore in a trade deadline deal for left-hander Wade Miley. Miranda made his Mariners debut on Saturday against Boston and allowed two runs over six innings in a 3-2 loss. He struck out five and walked one.The 60-53 Mariners will face an As team that fell to 51-63 on Thursday with a 9-6 loss to Baltimore but took 3-of-4 from the Orioles. Eric Paschall Jersey . Luis Suarezs double powered Liverpool to a 4-0 victory over Fulham, and Southampton easily overcame Hull 4-1 to continue the south coast clubs impressive start to the season. Liverpool and Southampton sent Chelsea down to fourth place as the west London club was held to 2-2 at home. Patrick McCaw Warriors Jersey . "Theyve both been real good," said Babcock. "Havent changed our minds." A decision has seemingly been made - Sundays Group B-deciding tilt against Finland ahead - but it could not have been an easy one. Price opened the tournament with a sturdy 19-save performance against the Norwegians, yielding just one goal. https://www.warriorsrookiesshop.com/Nate-Thurmond-City-Edition-Jersey/ . The players spoke Jan. 13 during a Major League Baseball Players Association conference call after Rodriguez sued the union and Major League Baseball to overturn an arbitrators decision suspending him for the 2014 season and post-season. Glenn Robinson Warriors Jersey .Y. - New Orleans forward Anthony Davis was chosen Friday to replace the injured Kobe Bryant in the NBA All-Star game that will be played in his home city. Kevon Looney Jersey . -- Arizona raced out to a big lead and did not back off, hitting the accelerator instead. Florida?coach Jim McElwain announced Wednesday that All-SEC cornerback Jalen Teez Tabor?and sophomore tight end Cyontai Lewis have been suspended from the team and will miss the season opener against UMass on Sept. 3.Both Cyontai and Jalen will not be involved with the team or practice due to behavior that is not acceptable, McElwain said in a news release. By no means are these bad guys and yet consequences have been handed down. We will not look the other way when it comes to breaking of team policies.The two players were involved in an altercation at practice Tuesday night, and it took multiple players to break it up, sources told ESPNs Edward Aschoff.Tabor, who came in at No. 20 in ESPNs #CFBrank earlier this month, led the SEC with 14 passes broken up last season. Playing opposite Vernon Hargreaves III, Tabor also finished with 40 tackles and four interceptions, including two returned for touchdowns. He was chosen first-team All-SEC at the leagues media days last month.Lewis caught two touchdowns in the 2015 opener against New Mexico State, but a broken hand early in the season limited his production.I want to echo what I said earlier, McElwain said. These are both fine young men who will learn and be stronger from their actions. They will also be suspended for the first game. There are life lessons in everything we do. We will be better because of it and no one person is bigger than the Florida Gators.Tabor was suspended one game last season for violating University Athletic Association policy. He openly criticized the UAA on Twitter for its decisioon and later apologized.ddddddddddddIm me, Tabor said at Floridas media day earlier this month. Im going to be honest. What you see is what you get. Sometimes [it gets me in trouble]. If you aint being you ... if you aint living for nothing, youll die for anything. Thats how I see it.Tabor raised eyebrows again last week when he predicted on national television that the Gators would beat Tennessee for the 11th consecutive time next month.I love the guy, McElwain said the following day. Hes a guy who cares. Hes a guy who has really invested in himself. I think hes grown up immensely as far as how hes going about his business.McElwain said he didnt see Tabors interview with ESPNs Paul Finebaum. When told what Tabor said, McElwain defended his player even further.I like the aggressive attitude, McElwain said. In fact, I wish our whole team in some spots had that same self-confidence because of their work. And hes put in the work. ... It will make for a good read, it will give you guys something to write about. At the end of the day, thats so far down the road, well jump that when we get there.Im not into censorship, OK? At the same time, Im not into giving guys bulletin-board material, but you can take that statement however you choose to take it. Im sure theyll put it up and blast it all over the world. Way to go. Theres a pretty good chance well show up in Knoxville.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen