(2-2) are the highest-ranked team with a .500 r

in Bewerbungen 13.12.2019 09:03
von elaine95 • 211 Beiträge

There’s a misconception in some circles regarding my opinion regarding the future of Jared Goff in L.A. Some think I’ve said that the Rams are destined to dump him for another quarterback. The truth is significantly more nuanced than that.And the nuances regarding Goff’s future with the team are becoming more complex Todd Gurley II Jersey , as the team goes out of its way to shoot down the notion that Goff may not be the long-term answer.Beyond comments made by McVay earlier this week to reporters, he sat down with Fred Roggin of NBC’s L.A. affiliate, and responded to this remark which, if I’m the pundit to whom Roggin is referring, misstates the theory: “I don’t know how often you check online and care what the pundits say. One suggested that, you know, the thing about Jared Goff is there will be a point in time when you’re just going to get rid of him because you’re gonna bring somebody in here who’s younger who will be your kind of guy. Now to me I thought that was insane . . . because you’ve developed him into one of the top quarterbacks in the game.”The point isn’t that McVay will simply cut the cord on Goff and find someone else. The point is that, as the top of the quarterback market continues to climb and climb and climb (in less than two years, it’s gone from $25 million per year to $35 million per year), someone eventually will say “no” to the demands of a quarterback who values himself more than the team values him. And until Goff signs a long-term deal, he could be the guy who demands too much, prompting the team to choose to spend less for someone whom Sean McVay can develop into “one of the top quarterbacks in the game Aaron Donald Jersey ,” the same way he has developed Goff.McVay’s effort to boost Goff in the face of Roggin’s misstated (if he’s talking about my theory) notion that the Rams will just summarily drop Goff actually could contribute to an eventual scenario where Goff does indeed ask for more than the Rams will pay, because McVay’s praise of Goff will do little to dissuade agent Ryan Tollner from trying to make Goff the highest-paid player in NFL history whenever the Rams decide to open talks with Goff.“He’s developed himself into [one of the top quarterbacks in the game],” McVay said, “and you know we’ve been able to work very well together over the last couple years. I can assure you, that is not going to happen. He ain’t going anywhere. And he’s just continuing to get better. He’s coachable. He’s a young guy that’s just continuing to grow. But the talent, the makeup that he has. I think one of the best traits is mental toughness.“I mean, clearly, he’s the No. 1 overall pick for a reason. He’s got elite ability to throw the football from different platforms. He can make all the throws. But I think what really is special about him is the way that he’s wired mentally. He’s got an elite mental toughness. An extreme security in himself that doesn’t ride the wave of the inevitable ups and downs that you face as a quarterback. And I think he’s so authentic and genuine. His players love him. You look at the way that his Cal teammates, how excited they were when he was the No. 1 overall pick. You look at the way that his teammates respond to him here. And he’s just getting better and better. I mean, this offseason he’s continued to take steps, truly becoming an extension of the coaching staff. And a huge part of our success as a team the last couple years is due to his leadership and we’re so thankful to have him and I agree, Fred Darrell Henderson Los Angeles Rams Jerseys , it’s insane to think that he’s going anywhere. He’s stuck with me as long as I have say.”McVay maybe genuinely believe all of that. (Chris Simms doesn’t; he’s put Goff at No. 19 on the list of current NFL quarterbacks.) McVay also may be simply pumping up his guy, mindful of the reality that, in order to get the most out of a quarterback, the coach must zealously defend and promote him to anyone and everyone.Regardless, Tollner will print Goff’s assessment and laminate it for use in the negotiations with Rams COO Kevin Demoff, who will have to deal with McVay’s words when trying to peg a value for Goff’s contract.So the point I previously made still applies. There’s a chance that Goff will want more than the Rams will pay, and that the Rams will decide to pay another available veteran as much or less or to pay a rookie much, much, much less, thanks to the rookie wage scale. That won’t be known until Goff formulates what he wants. However, McVay’s words won’t make Goff want less, that’s for sure. The Rams have turned the opening quarter of the NFL's regular season into their own version of "La La Land."The Rams have gotten off to a dominant start. They are 4-0 and have outscored their opponents by a league-leading combined 73 points so far this season and have the NFL's most potent offense Los Angeles Rams Jerseys 2019 , averaging 468.5 yards a game.All of that adds up to the Rams repeating as the unanimous top team in the latest AP Pro32 poll .For the second consecutive week, the Rams received all 12 first-place votes and 384 points in balloting Tuesday by media members who regularly cover the NFL.The Rams leave Hollywood, heading out on the road for the next three weeks, as they look to stay perfect."The Rams are 4-0 for the first time since 2001, which is fitting, because (coach) Sean McVay and (quarterback) Jared Goff are putting on their own great offensive show," said Jenny Vrentas of The Monday Morning Quarterback.The Kansas City Chiefs, who overcame a 10-point deficit in the fourth quarter to top the Denver Broncos 27-23 on Monday night, remained at No. 2."Patrick Mahomes does things every week that leave you awe-inspired," Newsday's Bob Glauber said. "A modern-day Brett Favre, Mahomes brought back the Chiefs against the Broncos with some of the best playmaking you'll ever see from an NFL quarterback."The Jacksonville Jaguars inched up a spot to No. 3 after routing the New York Jets 31-12. The Jaguars face the Chiefs on Sunday in the top matchup of Week 5.Running back Leonard Fournette might not play for the Jaguars because of a hamstring injury. He already has missed 2陆 games with the injury."Worries about Fournette's hammy," Fox Sports' John Czarnecki said.The New Orleans Saints also moved up a spot to No. 4 after beating the New York Giants 33-18 and will close out the week against another NFC East opponent when they host Washington on Monday night."As Drew Brees closes in on the NFL record book Darrell Henderson Jersey Cheap , the Saints are rolling since that Week 1 shocker against Tampa Bay," said Ira Kaufman of Fox 13 in Tampa, Florida.The Baltimore Ravens and Cincinnati Bengals, tied atop the AFC North at 3-1, both made major moves in the poll. The Ravens jumped four spots to No. 5 after topping the rival Pittsburgh Steelers 26-14 on Sunday night. The Bengals climbed six spots to No. 6 after rallying past the Atlanta Falcons 37-36 on Andy Dalton's TD pass to A.J. Green with 7 seconds remaining.The New England Patriots moved up three spots to No. 7 after pounding the AFC East rival Miami Dolphins 38-7. The Patriots (2-2) are the highest-ranked team with a .500 record.They will open Week 5 on Thursday night, when they host Andrew Luck and the Indianapolis Colts.The AFC East-leading Dolphins (3-1) plummeted nine spots to No. 15 and are the lowest-ranked team with a winning record.The Chicago Bears moved up eight spots to No. 8 after dominating the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 48-10 as Mitchell Trubisky threw six touchdown passes. The NFC North-leading Bears have a bye this week before facing Miami on Oct. 14."Not only are the Bears good now," said Alex Marvez of The Sporting News. "The best is yet to come with Mitch Trubisky."The Carolina Panthers, who are coming off their bye week, slipped two spots to No. 9. They will host the Giants on Sunday.The Tennessee Titans (3-1), who share first place in the AFC South with the Jaguars, jumped up five spots to round out the top 10.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen