who will be making the third career start in his native country on Friday.

in Allgemein 31.12.2019 15:05
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

Baylor offensive coordinator Kendal Briles paid tribute to his father, ex-Baylor head coach Art Briles, by coaching the Bears 55-7 season-opening win over Northwestern State with the initials CAB written on both of his hands.Baylor fired Art Briles in May after an independent review by the Philadelphia law firm Pepper Hamilton criticized the way the school investigated claims of sexual assault and disciplined its players. Art Briles nine assistant coaches were retained by interim head coach Jim Grobe.Grobe said he had no problems whatsoever with Kendal Briles paying tribute to his father from the sideline.If you dont love your dad, somethings wrong, Grobe said. I dont have any problems with that at all. Hes got a little pressure on him, because Arts not a bad football coach. His son, whether he can get this thing going like they had it going, I think tonight was a great start.Grobe did not know Kendal Briles had written the initials on his hands and joked that he wondered whether CAB was just a reminder to call a certain play.Kendal Briles is in his ninth season coaching at Baylor and his second as offensive coordinator. He was a finalist for the Broyles Award in 2015, awarded to the nations top coordinator. Baylor assistant coaches are not available for interviews this season.Kendal is special, Grobe said. I just think about him losing Art, as his head coach and his dad, it had to be tougher on KB than anybody. Hes been nothing but class. Hes been a true gentleman the whole time and hes on fire to coach these guys.Art Briles has hired agent Jimmy Sexton as he attempts to make his way back into coaching, ESPNs Mark Schlabach reported Friday. He has told reporters he plans to be a head coach again in 2017. Joel Iyiegbuniwe Jersey . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity football teams. Roy Robertson-Harris Jersey . The team said Saturday that Lopez was hurt during its 121-120 overtime loss at Philadelphia on Friday. The Nets said they would issue another update next week after consultation with their doctors. http://www.custombearsjersey.com/custom-dick-gordon-jersey-large-646t.html . The veteran safety was a starter for the Bengals from 2008-2012. He totaled 41 tackles and three interceptions while starting all but four of the 13 games he played last season. George Connor Jersey . Denis Coderre, the former federal MP who was elected mayor on Nov. 3, has drawn the ire of some Montreal Canadiens. During last nights game he tweeted: "Hello? Can we get a one-way ticket to (minor-league) Hamilton for David Desharnais please. Maury Buford Jersey . Now, correct me if Im wrong but I saw one official distinctly pointing at the net indicating a good goal but after an inconclusive review they overturned the goal. Shouldnt the ruling on the ice (good goal) stand after an inconclusive review? Why was this overturned? James Veaudry Pembroke, ON -- Hey Kerry, Youll get a lot of these, but why was the Montreal goal against Nashville Saturday night overturned? Eller puts the puck on net and the on ice ruling from the ref behind the net is a Montreal goal. TORONTO -- It will be the beginning of a reunion weekend of sorts when the Seattle Mariners open a three-game series against the Toronto Blue Jays on Friday.Mariners first baseman Adam Lind, who spent his first nine seasons with Toronto, will be returning to Rogers Centre for the first time as a player since being traded to the Milwaukee Brewers before the 2015 campaign.Blue Jays left fielder Michael Saunders, who was acquired from the Mariners in a deal before the 2015 season that sent J.A. Happ to Seattle, will be making his first appearance against his former team.Happ, who was traded by the Mariners to the Pittsburgh Pirates on July 31 last season, is scheduled to start the series finale on Sunday.This will not Linds first trip back to Toronto, however.My wifes from there, Lind told the Tacoma News Tribune, and I own some property there. So Ive been back.He also has been back to Rogers Centre.I was on the field last year around Christmas for Disney on Ice, Lind said, ... I was just watching but I saw all the same people who work there, you know. I got to see the security guards for the clubhouse and people like that.Lind has 15 homers and 43 RBI in 76 games with Seattle, while hitting .231/.264/.449. Well, my batting average stinks, he said. My on-base percentage stinks. Id say the other numbers are adequate.Lind has two of Seattles league-leading six walk-off homers this season.When the Blue Jays traded Lind after the 2014 season, they acquired right-handed pitcher Marco Estrada from the Brewers. He has developed into one the better starters in the majors and was selected to pitch in the All-Star Game before he went on the disabled list with a sore back.Estrada (5-3, 2.93 ERA) will be activated from the disabled list to get the nod on Friday after missing his final start before the All-Star break. He is 0-2 with a 7.35 ERA in his two careeer starts against Seattle.ddddddddddddWhen Estrada was asked how his back felt, he said, Good enough.He will be facing Seattle left-hander James Paxton (2-4, 4.56 ERA) of Ladner, B.C., who will be making the third career start in his native country on Friday. He was the winning pitcher in a 3-2 victory in 2015 when he allowed two runs in six innings. In 2014, he allowed eight runs in 2 2/3 frames in a 14-4 loss. He is 1-1 with a 10.38 ERA in his two starts against the Blue Jays, both at Toronto.The Blue Jays are 3-2 since the All-Star break, winning three in a row to complete a five-game trip to Oakland and Arizona after dropping the first two contests to the Athletics. The Blue Jays have won seven of their past 10 games.Early on, youre trying to get back to playing, Blue Jays third baseman Josh Donaldson said. Some guys had some days off, get back in the flow of things and we were able to take it back up pretty quick. We didnt play bad in Oakland. We lost two games, but they won those games. We didnt give those games to them.Its nice to finish strong here and were going to have a pretty good homestand, so hopefully it continues.Donaldson, who was in the All-Star Game, batted .381 (8-for-21) with one homer and seven RBI on the five-game trip, the only contests the Blue Jays will play on the road in July.The Mariners are 5-5 in their past 10 after a walk-off win over the Chicago White Sox Wednesday at Safeco Field. They are 48-47, third in the AL West.The Blue Jays were forced to play infielder Darwin Barney in left field on Wednesday when Saunders, who also was in the All-Star Game, returned to Toronto for a personal issue and Ezequiel Carrera had a sore Achilles tendon. Both are expected to be available on Friday. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen