It enters off World

in Allgemein 02.01.2020 14:38
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

ELMONT, N.Y. -- For most of the year, trainer Chad Brown has been too busy moving forward to take time to look back. But as interest increased in Lady Elis remarkable return to Grade 1 form after her battle with life-threatening laminitis, Brown has begun thinking about where his filly is and where shes been.At this time last year, Lady Eli was on a farm in Kentucky getting some paddock time while on the upswing from laminitis. The illness arose after she stepped on a nail while walking back to her barn following a victory in the Grade 1 Belmont Oaks on July 4, 2015.On Saturday, she will be one of the favorites to win the Breeders Cup Filly and Mare Turf against some of the best turf runners in the world.Its been hard to stop and really comprehend how remarkable it is that shes come back from laminitis to this level -- which is extremely rare -- because we just keep moving forward with her, Brown said Sunday at Belmont Park. I have thought a lot about it this week. It was just a big deal to graduate her to standing in ice, and the first time we walked her down the shed row, that was amazing.Brown said he recently found a video of Lady Eli he took for her owners on the first day she went to the track at Palm Meadows last winter.I started looking through them this week as they asked me for information, Brown said, referring to NBC Sports, which is scheduled to air a feature on Lady Eli during its Breeders Cup broadcast. I finally did sit down and say, Wow, I just cant believe where shes at now and where she was. Shes just a remarkable horse.Lady Eli, who has won seven of eight career starts, reminded Brown just how good she is with a stellar five-furlong workout Sunday. Though the time of 1:03.17 wont wow anybody, the manner in which it was done was impressive. Irad Ortiz Jr., her regular jockey who has worked her the past several weeks, said Sundays move reminded him of Lady Eli pre-laminitis.For me, since shes come back, today is the day she looked the closest to what she was before, Ortiz said. Im very happy that she worked like that.Ortiz said that in some of her previous workouts, when Lady Eli would approach the wire, she would be getting in, turning her head. Today, she was strong, and she just kept going after the wire and did everything right.Added Brown: As good as Ive seen her breeze maybe ever. She was very, very strong this morning and throughout her work and came back as though she hadnt even worked. Shes an amazing horse. That work was outstanding.Lady Eli was scheduled to have a walk day Monday and then ship to Southern California on Tuesday for the Breeders Cup. It was two years ago that Lady Eli first flashed her brilliance on the big stage, winning the Juvenile Fillies Turf at Santa Anita.It will be the biggest race of her career, Brown said. Im excited for our team, the owners, and Im really excited for her that shes going to have her moment and go back to Santa Anita because she earned it.Lady Eli may also have earned another year in training. Though she is cataloged for the Keeneland November breeding stock sale, co-owner Sol Kumin said Monday that if healthy, theres a good chance Lady Eli will be withdrawn and would race next year. Kumin said he, co-owner Jay Hanley and Brown will discuss it.If shes healthy, my guess is shell run again next year, Kumin said.Lady Eli may also have earned another year in training. Though she is catalogued for the Keeneland November breeding stock sale, co-owner Sol Kumin said Monday that, if healthy, theres a good chance Lady Eli will be withdrawn and would race next year. Kumin said he, co-owner Jay Hanley, and Brown will discuss it.If shes healthy, my guess is shell run again next year, Kumin said.Brown also will send out Sea Calisi, the Beverly D. Stakes winner, who finished second to Lady Eli in the Flower Bowl. She worked in company with Lady Eli as the two were together throughout the move.She got a lot out of that race, and she should move forward, Brown said. Air Force 1 Homme Pas Cher .05 million next season unless Graham and the Saints subsequently agree on a long-term deal. The designation was released Monday after the deadline passed for NFL teams to use franchise or transition tags on players becoming free agents. Nike Tn Pas Cher Chine . In Europe, top teams seem to be largely happy with their squads after spending nearly $1 billion in the off-season. And although English league clubs are unlikely to splash cash in January, Arsenal and Chelsea could be tempted to strengthen their squads with new strikers. http://www.chaussurepascherchine.fr/grossiste-air-vapormax/vapormax-flyknit-solde.html . After a first half in which he thought "the lid was on the basket," the Toronto Raptors coach watched his squad mount a second half surge to defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 98-91. Air Max 720 Femme Pas Cher . The team says the Spain international has a muscle pull in his right leg. Barcelona hosts third-division side Cartagena in the return leg of their round-of-32 tie after winning their first meeting 4-1. Vans Old Skool Pas Cher .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. BELO HORIZONTE, Brazil -- Several members of the U.S. Olympic womens soccer team faced a history pop quiz of sorts when they met the media in advance of Wednesdays opening game against New Zealand. The largely Brazil-based media contingent wanted to talk about the last major tournament game played at the Estadio Mineirao, a mens World Cup semifinal two years ago that did not go the host teams way. Decidedly so.Yes, Kelley OHara replied, she remembered watching Brazil and Germany play that day.No, Hope Solo said, she didnt imagine another 7-1 scoreline would unfold in this tournament.They played along, but their focus is less on any history already made and more on history yet to be written.Already the only country to win three consecutive Olympic gold medals in womens soccer, the United States is attempting to make it four in a row. Doing so would guarantee another unprecedented feat: becoming the first team to win World Cup and Olympic titles in back-to-back years.The only way to claim such prizes is to play like the experienced team that this group is.And not like the inexperienced team ... that this group also is.More than half of the U.S. roster is taking part in the Olympics for the first time. That is notable turnover for a team that won gold four years ago in the London Games. Yet only four players in Brazil are part of a major tournament roster for the first time.More to the point, only four players havent won a major title.Given that 2011 World Cup champion Japan didnt qualify for this Olympics and only six players remain from Germanys 2007 World Cup championship team, the American roster that has so many Olympic rookies also owns a near monopoly on experience winning an event of the same magnitude as whats about to unfold across Brazil.The starting lineup Wednesday could have six first-time Olympians. It also could have seven world champions, eight if Morgan Brian reclaims a spot after dealing with a hamstring injury.We have a lot of new faces in their first world championship, and then we have a lot of world champions, as well, midfielder Tobin Heath said. So in that way I think its great because we have that depth of experience, but we also have this great energy about the team that everyone is excited to be here because this is a world championship. Everyone wants to play their role.The United States first opponent is evidence that this tournament is tricky in its own fashion. Though New Zealand hasnt beaten the U.S. women in the World Cup and in the Olympics era (New Zealands lone win in the series came in 1987), it is not the pushover it once was. The United States won 4-0 in the most recent meeting a year ago, but the margin was just 9-3 in the four relatively recent games that preceded that encounter. That included a 1-1 draw on American soil in 2013.Compare that to a 34-1 U.S. goal advantage in seven meetings between 1993 and 2008.Especially in a group without either African entrant -- both South Africa and Zimbabwe are untested programs at this level -- these Olympics offer the Americans little breathing room and even less time to catch their breath. Assuming the U.S. women advance from Group G, they will play their first four games in 10 days, compared to a 15-day span for the Americans first four games in last years World Cup. And if the United States doesnt win Group G, that fourth game might well be a quarterfinal against Germany. Things can go wrong quickly in the Olympics.Add to it that the Americans enter the game againsst New Zealand with at least moderate injury question marks.dddddddddddd Coach Jill Ellis said Tuesday that Brian, Heath and Megan Rapinoe are all actively training and available. She made it sound as if Rapinoe would be counted on more in the future, which wouldnt be unlike the situation Ellis managed with Alex Morgan at the outset of the World Cup a year ago, while Brian and Heath are closer to unencumbered options.All the more reason the United States needs to play from the outset like a team that has been here before.And for as much talk as there is about turnover and new faces, understandably, some have been here before. Likely starters Morgan, OHara and Becky Sauerbrunn were Olympic rookies in 2012; now they are the experience. Carli Lloyd is after her third gold medal, perhaps on her third winning goal. Solo becomes only the second American womens soccer player to travel to four Olympics (the first as an alternate).I know what to expect on a daily basis, Solo said of the roster. But I dont know what to expect when you have the intensity of a major tournament, when you have two days between every game -- how some of the players are going to recover, especially some of the players coming back from injury, especially some of the younger players. Its a mentally and physically very taxing tournament. It can be emotionally taxing as well.I think thats fun, to not know what to expect because somehow, [in] some way well figure it out. Whether its through subs, whether its through putting your arm around someone like Mallory Pugh and being like, Well get through this. Its not always going to be pretty, but well figure it out. That theme keeps appearing when the players with the most experience talk about this team, perhaps surprisingly, given at least the public perceptions of many of the players involved. Whether seen as intensely introspective, like Sauerbrunn, intensely outspoken, like Solo, or just intensely focused, like Lloyd and Morgan, they are now the core of the experience that Ellis said brings a voice of levity to the locker room.That seems to be the identity they want, knowing that we will make it out to be their strength if they win and their weakness if they lose.The casualness of this team is, I think, a positive thing, Morgan said. In the past its been so tense leading up to tournaments because we had very intense players like Abby [Wambach]. I think not having a big player like that, thats very loud and intense, I think its good for us. Because I think for the younger players, they might stress out over seeing just how many games we have in such a short period of time and the impact we can have at this level. I think its good to have.It is a young team, but its a team on which almost everyone has experienced what is required to win a title.It isnt the same team that entered past Olympics. It enters off World Cup success instead of disappointment. But the goal is the same.Every time we play in a major tournament, we want to win, Lloyd said. So I think there was that motivation, and its almost like the year after the World Cup you are able to make things better. But I think its just [about] winning. Im a winner. Every time I go out there I want to win. No matter if its a World Cup or Olympics, whether were going for a fourth consecutive or whether we havent won, thats just kind of the nature of this team. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen