rty hit.Football is a split-second game, and unfort

in Allgemein 25.04.2018 12:34
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

Lee Westwood believes he has proved his doubters wrong by playing well enough to justify his wildcard selection and secure a 10th consecutive Ryder Cup appearance.When his good friend and former Ryder Cup partner Darren Clarke was named captain in February 2015, it was easy to assume Westwood -- who was 41 at the time -- would be set for a role as vice-captain at Hazeltine.However, the former world No. 1 was determined to prove he deserved a place on the team and after slipping down the rankings, crucially finished second in the Thailand Golf Championship in December 2015 to end the year 50th in the world.That ensured Westwood a place in the Masters in April and he made the most of it by finishing second to final-round playing partner Danny Willett.I was determined that I was going to show some form and get on that team, said Westwood, who needs two more points at Hazeltine to equal the record held by Nick Faldo, from one fewer appearance.He added: I wasnt ready to write my game off just yet. I knew I was still capable of some good golf. It was nice to play well at the end of last year and actually get in the Masters from the result in Thailand, and obviously played great at the Masters and finished second with a chance to win.Any time anybody writes you off, its good motivation. You can either take it and be miserable or stick it back down their throat, which is pretty much the attitude that you have to have when you go to the Ryder Cup, as well.Westwood and Clarke played together eight times in the Ryder Cup, most memorably at The K Club in 2006 just weeks after the death of Clarkes first wife Heather.Its the most emotional of all the Ryder Cups I played in, theres no doubt about that, added Westwood, who partnered Clarke to victory over Phil Mickelson and Chris DiMarco in the opening fourballs.That made it tough in a way because we were both wild cards for that week. Its always a little bit tricky when youre a wild card, theres a little bit of extra pressure where you feel like you have to justify your pick, even though you dont. In the back of your mind, you want to play well and win some points for the team.That one at The K Club was very special, being on that first tee with Darren. Even though the emotion was for the wrong reason, it was still something Ill never forget. Air Max 97 Plus Blue . Meanwhile, there were huge victories for Sunderland and West Ham over fellow relegation rivals, leaving the battle to avoid the drop up for grabs with the bottom 11 teams separated by just six points. Eden Hazard and Fernando Torres scored second-half goals to seal a fourth straight victory for Chelsea, which climbed above Arsenal and Manchester City in the standings ahead of their games on Monday and Sunday respectively. Wholesale Air Max 97 . Its sharpness matched my mind. This was no night to go to sleep. http://www.vapormax97uk.com/nike-air-more-uptempo-mens-for-sale.html . It is a cliché dragged out by fans and pundits regularly when discussions take place around which teams are better than others. Nike Air Max 270 For Sale .Y. - New York City has been selected to host the NBA All-Star weekend in 2015, with the game played at Madison Square Garden and the slam dunk contest and other skills events held at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Nike Shox Gravity Uk . Inter president Erick Thohir says in a club statement on Wednesday that Vidic is "one of the worlds best defenders and his qualities, international pedigree, and charisma will be an asset. PHILADELPHIA -- The Eagles sideline was fuming after a brutal hit by Washington Redskins safety Deshazor Everett on a defenseless Darren Sproles early in the fourth quarter on Sunday, and plenty of players were still simmering in the locker room afterward.Obvious cheap shot. Darren was trying to field the ball, the guy hits him before the ball gets there, said tight end Zach Ertz. Ive honestly never seen the guy before, didnt know who he was going into the game, and if thats how he wants to make a name for himself, then so be it.I thought it was B.S. Darren didnt even have the ball, and the guy tried to take his head off. He tried to take Brent [Celek]s head off, kind of knocked him out of the game, too. I dont know who that guy is, but yeah, I thought it was B.S.With just under 12 minutes remaining, Sproles sprinted forward to field a Washington punt. While tracking the ball, Everett crashed into Sproles, who took the blow primarily to the head and was shot backward, hitting the turf hard. He then left the game to be evaluated for a head injury.The scuffle that followed was eventually broken up by the refs. Tackle Jason Peters, who famously drilled Washington defensive lineman Chris Baker after his vicious hit on quarterback Nicck Foles in 2014, decided he could not afford to be ejected this time around.ddddddddddddI was just thinking: Im about to get this guy. That was a cheap shot, said Peters, who led an Eagles pack that swarmed to Sproles defense.I wanted to get him. I was going to get him. But I dont have a backup right now. I just couldnt get thrown out of the game, and I just had to step back and let the referees handle it. But I wanted to get him.Everett contended that it wasnt an intentionally dirty hit.Football is a split-second game, and unfortunately I did not make the right decision, but I was just giving my full effort to go out there and make a tackle, he said.My condolences to him, and you never wish that to happen to anyone.Sproles, 33, ranks eighth in NFL history in all-purpose yards. Weighing in at 5-foot-6, 190 pounds, he has earned respect league-wide for his work ethic and accomplishments over 11 seasons.Thats a possible Hall-of-Famer. Dudes got respect from people all around the league, said linebacker Mychal Kendricks. And I dont know who 22 is, but hopefully he has the same amount of respect for him. Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen