The Bulldogs will play in the FCS playoffs a

in Allgemein 30.04.2018 08:02
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

SAN FRANCISCO -- Gregor Blanco has learned to think like a run producer. Normally a leadoff hitter, Blanco has been used in the middle of the order more often. When he comes up with runners on, he has the mindset to drive in runs rather than just trying to get on base. Blanco had a pinch hit, two-run triple in the seventh inning, leading the San Francisco Giants to a 4-2 victory over the San Diego Padres on Wednesday. "When they want me batting sixth or seventh, it means they want me to drive in runs," Blanco said. "So when I came up to hit I told myself I had better drive these people in." With a big part of its offence on the disabled list, the Giants have turned to players like Blanco, a career .383 hitter with runners in scoring position, to pick up the slack. "Were getting good games from a lot of guys," Giants catcher Buster Posey said. Brandon Belt and Marco Scutaro also drove in runs as the Giants won their second straight following a three-game slide. Scutaro and Hunter Pence each had two hits. "Gregor has played well all season," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. "He comes through in the clutch, has speed and is a tremendous defender. Hes just getting better and better." Will Venable and Jesus Guzman each hit home runs for the Padres, who have lost two straight after a seven-game winning streak. "Guzzie is a guy who is seeing the ball well and hes got the strength to hit it out of the park," Padres manager Bud Black said. Madison Bumgarner (7-4) won his third straight start after allowing two runs and three hits over seven innings. He walked four and struck out eight. Padres starter Eric Stults gave up two runs and seven hits over 6 1-3 innings. He walked two and struck out three. "Stults pitched great," Black said. "It was a well-pitched game by both guys. They have a good pitching staff and we feel ours is rounding into form." Luke Gregerson (4-3) did not retire a batter, giving up two runs and four hits. He took over for Stults after Tony Abreu singled with one out in the seventh. Pinch-hitter Hector Sanchez also singled ahead of Blancos triple, which one-hopped the fence in right-centre field. "I wanted to be aggressive," Blanco said. "I was looking for location and wanted to put a good swing on it." Scutaro followed with an RBI single and Posey singled before Tyson Ross came on to strike out Pence and Joaquin Arias. He also struck out the side in the eighth. Jake Dunning pitched the eighth and Sergio Romo worked the ninth for his 18th save in 21 chances. The benches cleared briefly in the second inning when Guzman took a few steps toward the mound after a pitch from Bumgarner sailed behind his back. "I was mad because it was just too obvious to me," Guzman said. "Its OK. I will forget about that moment. I play for my team and I play to win. Well just play and see what happens." Posey said it was nothing more than missed location. "Were trying to get inside on a guy who has hurt us out before," he said. "Thats all there was to it." Venable hit his 10th home run of the season, a solo shot leading off the third to put the Padres ahead. The Giants tied it with a run in the fourth. Belts looping fly ball down the left field line fell just out of the reach of the charging Kyle Blanks, allowing Pence to score from third. Guzman led off the seventh with his third home run of the season and second in two games. Hes a .304 career hitter against left-handers and .429 (12 for 28) against Bumgarner. Guzman, who made his major league debut with the Giants against the Padres, has hit four home runs in San Francisco, second only to eight in San Diego. He has no more than one in any other ballpark. NOTES: The Padres put INF Everth Cabrera on the DL with a left hamstring injury and recalled OF Jaff Decker from Triple-A Tucson. ... San Diego OF Carlos Quentin was not in the starting lineup for the fifth straight game. ... Guzman hit home runs in consecutive games for the first time in his career. ... Stults has pitched into the seventh inning in each of his last seven starts after doing so three times in his first eight. ... RHP Jason Marquis (9-2, 3.63) goes for the Padres when they open a four-game series at home against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Thursday. Marquis is working on an eight-game winning streak that dates to April 28. ... RHP Chad Gaudin (2-1, 2.83) makes his fourth start of the season for the Giants Thursday, when the Miami Marlins visit to open a four-game series. ... Giants INF Brandon Crawford will likely miss two games as a result of swelling in two fingers on his right hand. ... OF Angel Pagan is scheduled to start a rehab assignment with San Jose on Thursday. Giants manager Bruce Bochy said Pagan could return as soon as this weekend. ... San Francisco INF Pablo Sandoval will join San Jose on a rehab assignment on Saturday and could join the Giants in Los Angeles on Monday night. ... The Giants, with 41,866 in attendance, recorded their 200th consecutive sellout. Jason Williams Jersey .ca NHL Power Rankings for the second straight week, ahead of the Pittsburgh Penguins and Colorado Avalanche. Arron Afflalo Jersey . -- Charlie Graham stopped 67 shots as the Belleville Bulls edged the visiting Guelph Storm 6-5 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. http://www.wholesalemagicjerseys.com/vince-carter-jersey/ .J. Ellis hit two-run homers and the NL West champion Los Angeles Dodgers defeated the San Diego Padres 4-0 Saturday night. Dwight Howard Jersey . - Blake Griffin had 30 points and 12 rebounds, J. Cheap Magic Jerseys For Sale . Mitch Holmberg added a goal and three assists. Connor Chartier also scored for the Chiefs (3-0-0). Luke Harrison spoiled Garrett Hughsons shutout bid with a power-play goal at 13:17 of the third period. The Spokane goaltender finished with 28 saves, including a Brandon Fushimi penalty shot in the second period that would have tied the game 1-1. CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- It was North Carolinas strangest blowout win in a long time.Mitch Trubisky passed for 184 yards and three touchdowns to help the Tar Heels beat The Citadel 41-7 on Saturday.T.J. Logan had a touchdown catch and a 100-yard kickoff return for a score for North Carolina (8-3), which forced a season-high four turnovers.We were worried about that football team, North Carolina coach Larry Fedora said. We knew they were a really good football team, that they would control the clock and that our guys were going to have to steal a few possessions. Defensively, we did that.North Carolina won even though its high-octane offense was quiet for much of the day. The Tar Heels converted just 1 of 8 third downs and were outgained by the Bulldogs 371-356.Perhaps most surprisingly, the Tar Heels intercepted a pass.Dominquie Green ended North Carolinas interception drought when he picked off a pass and returned it 58 yards for a touchdown in the second quarter. The Tar Heels had been the only FBS team not to intercept a pass this season.Ryan Switzer added a 72-yard touchdown as North Carolina won for the 11th time in its last 12 home games.The Citadel (10-1) rushed for 344 yards, possessed the ball for more than 42 minutes and ran 33 more plays than North Carolina.Grant Drakeford had a 28-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter for the Bulldogs, whose school-record 10-game winning streak came to an end.We were nowhere near playing where we wanted today, Citadel coach Brent Thompson said. We needed a day like today to remind us that if you dont play well and you turn the ball over and you make a lot of mistakes, youre not going to win very many football games.THE TAKEAWAYThe Citadel: The Bulldogs stumbled in their stiffest test of the season to date. Lacking an effective passingg attack, they were unable to rally after falling behind early.ddddddddddddThe Citadel must try to avoid similar circumstances in the postseason as opponents load up to try to stop its vaunted running game.North Carolina: Coming off a deflating loss and playing an undefeated opponent with an unconventional offense, the Tar Heels won a dangerous game without much difficulty. Their advantages in speed and overall talent were too much for The Citadel to overcome.We werent as sharp on offense, but we picked it up in other areas, Trubisky said.HE SAID ITFedora had grown tired of talking about his teams lack of interceptions, but he cracked a joke about the end of the streak.I was told that were the only team in the country that has returned all of their interceptions for touchdowns, he said. Thats a pretty big deal right there, I would think.HIGHLIGHT REELLogans 23-yard touchdown grab in the second quarter was impressive. He ran through the middle of the defense uncovered, and it appeared that Trubisky threw the ball too far in front of him. But Logan dived and speared the ball with his right hand before rolling over with control of it in the end zone. His kick return for a score to begin the second half was his school-record fourth kickoff return for a touchdown.UP NEXTThe Citadel: The Bulldogs will play in the FCS playoffs after earning the automatic berth from the Southern Conference.North Carolina: Still alive for the ACCs Coastal Division title, the Tar Heels host rival N.C. State on Friday. North Carolina needs to win and needs Virginia Tech to lose at home to Virginia in order to play in the conference championship game for the second year in a row. Cheap Jerseys 2018 Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys 2019 NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen