after working 300 kids through drills at a gym about a m

in Allgemein 01.05.2018 10:35
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

WASHINGTON -- Leave it to little-used, light-hitting Jose Lobaton to change the complexion of the Washington Nationals NL Division Series with one big swing.Getting a rare chance to play because of starting catcher Wilson Ramos late-September injury, backup Lobaton hit a three-run homer through a strong wind to erase an early deficit Sunday. Daniel Murphy provided more-expected production with two RBI, and Washingtons bullpen threw 4 2/3 scoreless innings, leading the Nationals past the Los Angeles Dodgers 5-2 in a rain-postponed Game 2 to even the series at 1-all.Ive got to try to do something for the team, said Lobaton, who had one hit off a left-handed pitcher all season before connecting with a curveball that stayed up from LA lefty Rich Hill with two outs in the fourth inning.And Im not saying that Im going to be like Willy and hit a homer and hit .300. Play hard every day, no matter who is in and who is not, he said.After dropping Game 1, the Nationals trailed 2-0 when Hill allowed No. 8 hitter Lobaton to put the hosts ahead for good.One bad pitch to a guy that I dont think anybody really thought was going to be that guy to hurt us, said Josh Reddick, who drove in a run for LA in the third off Tanner Roark after Corey Seager hit his second first-inning homer of the NLDS. But thats what happens, and anybody can be the guy in the postseason.Hard to imagine Lobaton would be The Guy, though.Didnt even start the playoff opener, sitting behind rookie Pedro Severino, who had played all of 18 games in the majors.Plus, Lobaton batted only .232 in 99 at-bats in 2016 overall, although his lone hit in 15 at-bats against left-handers coming into Sunday was also a homer, and also against the Dodgers -- off Scott Kazmir in July.This one put the Nationals ahead 3-2, finally getting to Hill -- who went 4 1/3 innings -- in the unlikeliest of ways. After a walk and two quick outs, he plunked Danny Espinosa for the second time; Washingtons shortstop has struck out in his other five NLDS plate appearances.That mistake proved costly when Lobaton came through, leading to chants of N-A-T-S! Nats, Nats, Nats, Woooo! from a sellout crowd of 43,826.What made this big bop all the more surprising was that it went over the wall in left, where wind that topped 30 mph was blowing in much of the afternoon.When he hit it, there was a bunch of people in the dugout who were, like, cussing, because we didnt think he could get it out. All kinds of expletives were being thrown around, Nationals left fielder Jayson Werth said. And then it snuck over for us. That was the game, right there.Nationals slugger Bryce Harpers take?If Mother Nature wanted to keep it in the yard, then I guess she would have, the 2015 NL MVP said, but the baseball gods overran her, I guess.Murphy has been Washingtons best hitter all season, considered a top contender for league MVP honors this year. Indeed, fans chanted those three letters after each hit as he went 3 for 3, including RBI singles in the fifth and seventh.Five relievers made it stand up, with Mark Melancon working around a single in the ninth -- the lone hit allowed by Washingtons relievers -- to earn the save.Blake Treinen went 1 1/3 innings and got the win, while lefties Marc Rzepczynski, Sammy Solis and Oliver Perez combined for seven outs as manager Dusty Baker mixed and matched his `pen just right.The old man knows what hes doing, I think, Werth said with a smile.And after the NL East champion Nationals wasted plenty of opportunities to score in a 4-3 loss on Friday, it was the NL West-winning Dodgers turn to come up short in the clutch: Los Angeles left the bases loaded three times.In the fifth, pinch hitter Howie Kendrick sent a sinking liner to left that Werth managed to grab while sliding -- then celebrated by popping up and throwing an uppercut.The wind pretty much had an effect on every ball that was hit out there, Werth said. That was ball was diving, knuckling, doing all kind of stuff. Part of why I was so excited was because I was surprised I caught it.The best-of-five series shifts to Los Angeles for Game 3 on Monday afternoon, with Game 4 there on Tuesday, creating an unusual three-consecutive-days setup in the playoffs, thanks to the loss of a travel day.This was pretty much a must-win game for us, Werth said. Definitely dont want to head West down two.MURPHY VS. LAPlaying for the New York Mets in 2015, Murphy hit two homers in the NLDS against the Dodgers, part of his record streak of six consecutive postseason games with a long ball. Ever since last year, Reddick said, he just seems to be the guy that comes up in the clutch.UP NEXTIn Game 3, the Dodgers will have RHP Kenta Maeda (16-11, 3.48 ERA) on the mound against Nationals LHP Gio Gonzalez (11-11, 4.57).Both pitchers were scheduled to fly to Los Angeles ahead of the rest of the teams players, so they could be in place, instead of waiting for Sundays game to end. The Nationals are hoping Gonzalez can take advantage of the Dodgers worst-in-the-majors batting average against left-handed pitchers. Maeda led LA pitchers in wins, innings (175 2/3), strikeouts (179) and starts (32). Wholesale New Orleans Pelicans Jerseys . -- Team after team passed on Andre Ellington in the draft. Cheap Nike Pelicans Jerseys . Anthony Calvillo, through 20 CFL seasons, was frequently invincible and largely stoic in the heat of competition. But underneath the professional exterior he was, and is, compellingly human. http://www.cheappelicansjerseys.us/?tag=demarcus-cousins-jersey . Vaives lawyer Trevor Whiffen claims the former 50-goal man wasnt provided with a copy of the claim beforehand and that he would not have agreed to the allegations made against the NHL had he been asked to review its contents. Nikola Mirotic Jersey . All of the scoring came in the final 20:04. Lucic scored on a power play at 15:46 of the third period, when he tipped a shot over Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen for a 3-1 lead. China Pelicans Jerseys . He says so-called TRT is only one problem and he wants to go even further than the ban. "Its about time," St-Pierre told reporters at a promotional event in Montreal on Friday. "I think its a good thing. MIAMI -- New Chicago Bulls guard Dwyane Wade acknowledged his strained relationship with Pat Riley on Saturday, three days after ending his 13-year stint with the Miami Heat.Its going to be a lot of stuff said about me and Pat. First of all, I love Pat. He has a job to do. He has a different hat to wear, Wade told reporters at his youth basketball camp in downtown Miami. That hat sometimes is not to be my best friend. That hat is to be the president of the organization and to be a businessman, and that sucks.You love each other, but the business side comes out, and you have to deal with it.Wade said he understood the difficult position Riley is sometimes placed in as the teams president.Im not saying weve hugged and cried and shared tears at this moment, Wade said, but I love Pat and will always love Pat. And I know he feels the say way about me.Wade, 34, was back in Miami on Saturday for the first time since he turned down a two-year, $40 million offer from the Heat on Wednesday to instead commit to the Bulls on a two-year, $47 million deal that includes an option to enter free agency again next summer.The abrupt move signals the end of an era for Wade in Miami, where he was drafted fifth overall in 2003 and helped guide the Heat to five NBA Finals and three championships. He is the franchises all-time leading scorer.The breakup has been emotional for Wade and the Heat the past few days, with both sides using social media and other public avenues to send pleasantries and gracious reflections to fans and each other. Wade said he returned to Miami on Friday night and drove by AmericanAirlines Arena, where the Heat spent the day sharing highlight videos and selling his merchandise for $13 to commemorate his 13 seasons in Miami.But privately, Wade parted ways with the Heat after a second consecutive summer of strained contract negotiations with Riley and owner Micky Arison. It was Arison who bridged the gap last summer when he got Wade to agree to a one-year, $20 million contract. But after playing in 74 games, leading the team in scoring and pushing the Heat to within a victory of the conference finals, Wade felt he was due a longer and more lucrative contact.Wade said Saturday he understood why Riley and Arison stood firm on their posiition of protecting future flexibility, even at the cost of alienating a player who has been the face of the franchise for more than a decade.ddddddddddddHes a tough cookie, Wade said of Riley. Ive grown into being a tough one as well. Yeah, we can butt heads at times. I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for what hes been able to do in this game of basketball. Ive only got 13 years under my belt. Hes got 13 years times 10 under his belt.In a text message to ESPNs Dan Le Batard on Thursday, Riley said it was sad that matters dissolved to the point where Wade walked away from the Heat. There have also been questions in the aftermath as to how committed the Heat were to keeping Wade around.I truly loved Dwyane, but families grow, change and get on with another life, Riley wrote in the message to Le Batard. He will always be a part of us. And no more bruises and enough fighting. Lets just fly above it if we can and never forget. I feel his pain and pride for what pushed him over the edge.The Heat failed to deliver on two of the three priorities Riley set forth for the offseason. Miami secured center Hassan Whiteside on a four-year, $98 million contract in the opening hours of free agency July 1 and then turned its attention toward an unsuccessful pitch to land Kevin Durant during a July 3 meeting in New York.Wade was forced to wait, and he refused to accept a contract offer that never increased throughout the process. On Wednesday, Wade met with the Milwaukee Bucks,?Denver Nuggets and Arison, who made a last-ditch effort to patch up differences between Wade and Riley.Wade, a Chicago native, chose to join his hometown Bulls.Im never bashing Pat Riley. Im never bashing the Miami Heat organization. Im never saying nothing negative about them out of my mouth, Wade said after working 300 kids through drills at a gym about a mile from the Heats arena. Does the way that process goes down [make] you angry? Yes. Do you feel a certain way about stuff? Yes.Like I said, the business side just comes into play sometimes, and its an ugly, ugly side. But at the end of the day, theres nothing but love from me. Cheap Jerseys 2018 Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys 2019 NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen