ck Jay Cutler said. I know a lot about Kevin.

in Allgemein 24.07.2018 16:24
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- The Boston Red Sox pulled out of an offensive funk to help Jon Lester stay unbeaten. Lester pitched seven solid innings and Stephen Drew hit his second career grand slam during an eight-run third inning that keyed a 9-2 victory over AL Cy Young winner David Price and the Tampa Bay Rays on Wednesday night. "Its bound to turn around," Drew said after the Red Sox won for just the third time in their last 12 games. "We know the past couple games havent been too good with runners in scoring position, so tonight was a great night to have and hopefully we can keep it going." Price (1-4) departed from the marquee pitching matchup because of a left triceps strain during Bostons eight-run third inning, which Drew finished with his towering homer off Jamey Wright. Rays manager Joe Maddon said Price had a MRI and that the injury doesnt appear to be serious. Price said he hasnt ruled out the possibility of making his next scheduled start on Monday, although Maddon said thats unlikely. "Its just something I take pride in, being available every fifth day and being out there for my team," Price said. "I dont know how thats looking right now, but Ill just get re-evaluated (Thursday). The biggest thing is going to be how I feel. Hopefully I can come in and play catch. Thats what I have on my mind right now, so well see." Coming off a one-hit, complete game shutout of Toronto, Lester (6-0) allowed two runs and eight hits to help end the Rays season-high six-game winning streak. The Red Sox, meanwhile, stopped a three-game losing streak thats been part of a May slide. They are 5-9 this month after going a major league-best 18-8 in April. "We havent been scoring a bunch of runs lately and (the 8-run inning) takes a lot of pressure off so I could just go out and execute pitches," Lester said. "We broke out with eight runs in the one inning, and it gave Jon a cushion to pitch," Boston manager John Farrell said. "It goes back to us controlling the strike zone, putting up quality at-bats," Farrell added. "When were right and were clicking offensively, thats when we grind deep into each at-bat, and I thought we did that multiple times tonight. ... We had a good offensive approach." Price left with one out in the third inning after giving up an RBI single to David Ortiz. The left-hander walked toward the plate after delivering the pitch to the Red Sox designated hitter and appeared to grimace. Maddon, pitching coach Jim Hickey, a team trainer and the entire Rays infield joined Price on the mound. Price walked off the field after a brief consultation and was replaced by Wright. "I didnt see exactly when it happened. I saw him motion to come on out to the mound," Maddon said, adding that he wasnt sure if Price was injured on his final pitch to Ortiz or earlier in the inning. "We had him checked out, had the MRI done," the manager said. "Nothing seems to be serious, but well make a better call (Thursday)." A 20-game winner last year, Price has struggled this season. Tampa Bay has lost seven of his nine starts, and Price uncharacteristically has given up eight leads over his last seven outings. The Rays ace has been bothered by allergies since before the start of spring training, but Price said this week hed never use that as an excuse for his performance. He gave up two-out doubles to Dustin Pedroia in the first and Will Middlebrooks in the second without allowing further damage. The Rays werent as fortunate in the third, when Price walked Drew and gave up a single to Jacoby Ellsbury to begin Bostons biggest inning of the season. Pedroias RBI single gave the Red Sox a 1-0 lead. Ortizs opposite-field single that just eluded diving third baseman Evan Longoria made it 2-0. Mike Napoli doubled and Jonny Gomes singled off Wright to drive in the final two runs charged to Price, who allowed four runs and five hits in 2 1-3 innings. Jarrod Saltalamacchia walked with two outs to load the bases for Drew, who lifted a 1-1 pitch into the half-filled right-field stands at Tropicana Field. Pedroia has a seven-game hitting streak, and hes had multiple hits in six of those games. Middlebrooks hit a solo homer off Kyle Farnsworth in the eighth. Desmond Jennings tripled to drive in Tampa Bays first run, then scored when Ben Zobrist grounded out. NOTES: Price has not won at Tropicana Field since July 19, 2012, a stretch covering eight starts. ... Boston RHP Andrew Bailey (right biceps strain) felt fine one day after a bullpen session and will pitch in a simulated game Thursday. A decision on whether he will be activated from the 15-day disabled list or pitch in a minor league game will be made after the outing. ... Red Sox LHP Franklin Morales (lower back strain) is scheduled to make his fourth minor league appearance Saturday with Triple-A Pawtucket. ... Tampa Bays Alex Cobb (4-2) will start Thursday nights series finale, his first outing since striking out 13 in 4 2-3 innings against San Diego to become the first pitcher in major league history to fan that many batters in an appearance lasting fewer than five innings. The Red Sox will counter with LHP Felix Doubront (3-1). Cheap Jason Sanders Jersey .C. -- Todd Fiddler scored a hat trick, including the overtime goal, as the Prince George Cougars survived an 8-7 win against the Kamloops Blazers in Western Hockey League play Sunday. Authentic Dolphins Jersey . All of the scoring came in the final 20:04. Lucic scored on a power play at 15:46 of the third period, when he tipped a shot over Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen for a 3-1 lead. http://www.cheapdolphinsjerseyselite.com/ . "Trying to breathe," he said with a grin. Bernier stopped 42 of 43 shots on Monday night, including all 22 in a hectic middle frame, his heroic performance propelling the Leafs toward an undue point in their final game before the Christmas break. Cheap Mike Gesicki Jersey . -- Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis was charged Thursday with driving while intoxicated, a day after he was suspended for an NFL substance-abuse policy violation. Dolphins Jerseys Store . The giant slalom world champion slipped during her first run in the morning, landing on her back and then twisting forward before getting her leg caught in the protective material on the side of the slope. HOUSTON -- Barring a setback in pregame warm-ups, Chicago Bears wide receiver Kevin White is expected to make his NFL regular-season debut Sunday, league sources told ESPN.com.White was listed as questionable on Chicagos official injury report with a sore hamstring.The seventh overall pick of the 2015 NFL draft, White missed his entire rookie year because of a stress fracture to his shin that required surgery.But Bears coach John Fox said on Friday that Whites history of injury will play no role in whether he suits up to face the Houston Texans in Week 1.Whether he played last year or not really doesnt have any effect on whether hes ready this week or not, Fox said.White, the Bears No. 2 receiver next to Alshon Jeffery, had a relatively quiet beginning to the 2016 preseason but led the team with four receptions for 57 yards in the exhibition finale at Cleveland.We thought it was important for Kevin to play, because he missed so much time in the past, offensive ccoordinator Dowell Loggains said.dddddddddddd Were excited with how he played against the Browns. He did a nice job. I think that hes a guy thats going to keep getting better and better. Were excited that way. He hasnt played football in a long time, so every day he goes out, hes getting better.In two collegiate seasons at West Virginia, White caught 144 passes for 1,954 yards and 15 touchdowns.Ive been working with Kevin all offseason and before that a little bit, quarterback Jay Cutler said. I know a lot about Kevin. I know what he likes and what he doesnt like, how he runs routes. Its just a matter of experience. He just has to get out there, and there are things he has to experience and go through in his first game. You got to get through the jitters, and after that you just have to play football. Hes a very good football player. Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Stitched Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen